Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Scaling of old elite maps

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Serancha View Post
    There are different qualities of the new armour, aren't there? It wouldn't have to be the best - just something viable. Even a chance at tokens, as was already suggested by Shiny, would be fine. Anything to make the currently wasted maps a decent level of difficulty and worthy of running and farming.

Trust me, when rooks nest elite was scaled full level, it was plenty hard.
    Yes, i remember how hard it was. But with the gear, and pets we have now, elite bradkeridge and rooks will be very easy compared to shuyal/tindirin. Newest content in these zones would be a mistake. As in tokens for fossil, ingredients for nekro/myth gear, etc.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by -no View Post
    Yes, i remember how hard it was. But with the gear, and pets we have now, elite bradkeridge and rooks will be very easy compared to shuyal/tindirin. Newest content in these zones would be a mistake. As in tokens for fossil, ingredients for nekro/myth gear, etc.
    I'm sure it's more than possible to scale them so they are comparable in difficulty. It would certainly take less time than making more new maps. The idea is to make all the maps useful and provide end-game players with more than 3 maps to farm for stuff to sell.

I'm not saying put fossil drops on elite Jarl, (I don't believe Jarl is rated as a boss any longer - so wouldn't apply as far as loot goes) I'm saying scale up the maps and put something in them that's going to be worth more than 5K gold, so people have options on what they want to farm.

If what Shiny says is true, and I believe him if he states something as fact, we have one map that 1000+ players will be farming nonstop when expansion comes. How long do you think the items from that map will retain value? I give it 3 weeks tops. If the loot was spread out with a chance to get from any elite boss (with all bosses being level 46) then people would spread out, and no one batch of loot would be overfarmed immediately.
    Last edited by Serancha; 06-17-2015 at 09:24 PM.
    You never know what you can do until you try
    There are two ways of doing something: right, and again.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Serancha For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts

Good idea!
    Got some question then..
    1. If the lvl scaled in elite maps, how about people to farm there with legendary gear, low potions, low ankhs.
    Should they must wait until got gold to buy the preparation for that elite maps?

FYI, correct me if i'm wrong.
    We get a loot that has 100k prize from the elite, before we get the 100k loot, We already buy ankhs, its about 50-60k,
    and if its very hard elite maps then it will cost at least 5-10 ankhs which is cost 100k-120k for the players who run the elite maps.

So, this idea is only to make few elite maps that capably only by overgeared players?
    Because most people with legendary gear even has skill would die easily in these elite maps.
    If this idea approved, then only overgeared players can making many gold when new cap released.
    What happened with the rest of players that still struggle for their own gear?

Sorry a lot of question, this is because I'm so interest with the details of this awesome briliatn idea.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

Elite maps are designed for good (elite legendary) to highly (mythic / imbued) geared players - not only over geared players.

Under-geared players should be playing the normal maps until they gear up. This change would not affect anyone in that sense, since you can't earn a living from low elites at this time anyways. Better to farm teeth in normal tindirin.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

Make them elite bosses drop crate tokens so we can buy shard etc

IGN: Vrao/Bjzg

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

I think this is a great proposal.

all the legendary weapons that can drop in kraken, shuyal, and nordr elites should stay (such as firesquid rods, mountain teeth daggers, entombed hammers, etc) since these are cool weapons and still sell. Perhaps they could be scale up more. Before i got an elon gun i used a nordr jewel of brutality level 40 which has a great proc. Work has already been done designing these items so why not keep them a viable part of pve gear.

But also perhaps new legendary gear could be added elite loot tables in addition to those that are already there.

Make new quests for elite maps.

Add some egg drops...heck make hammerjaw a rare drop or involved quest in kraken since hj suits kraken and same for galacian in nordr since galacian suits nordr art themes.

idk, I'm just brainstorming...i think if there was a variety of new things to farm, and the lower elite maps were more challenging, players could strategically choose to farm different areas and it would be much more interesting.

I go with the flow, so for example, last fall elite caves was very popular for elite dragonscale chests, parchments, teeth, and shadowlurk eggs. Now people are focusing on planar tombs. I enjoy running with friends and decent rewards. But I get bored of doing the same map over and over. So I'll still go over to nordr elite just to see if i can loot a legendary weapon or elite chest. Even if nothing of value drops, at least nordr elite is still challenging enough to keep me on my toes.

More variety would spice things up, I think this is the way to go. Cheers!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by avikk View Post
    +1 this really needs to be done...

Preferably add some jewel shards in each elite map. Make sure the different jewel shards dropping here form a jewel which will be OP enough to be expensive for people who don't have the "over geared" equipment.
    Or maybe adding twink items as drops in the maps.
    Whatever the case people need more maps to farm and not just wait for an update then flock the same map in server.(flocking leads to all the ping issues atleast for me)

The only problem I have is; excluding under geared people from these maps, they too need something to farm, hand them elite brack or ydra to farm. I spent most of my time in elite brack when I had full mythic set(everything else was pink), stepping stones are needed to farming; not having these leads to these under geared pot-scrapping non-ankh-using players where they shouldn't be.
    What can you make money with farming elite brackenridge and ydra now? Egg crates made kettle worthless. Better to farm normal tindirin for teeth, no?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

sure like avikk suggests above, elites could be set up as stepping stones. nordr elite was too extreme and inaccessible for me for a long time while rooks nest and lost mages mine were my introduction to elite farming. so these could be more challenging than they are now but easier still than elites of more recent expansions.

anyway there's lots of great suggestions in this thread.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Lets have good drops from elite bosses and probably huge gold drops like 2k,5k,10k(higher for more difficult bosses and this gold drops without any luck or chance to, just like after every arena run u get chest)....if u see at current loot drops, one can waste 1k+ of pots to complete 1 run and get epic loot worth 4-10gold(its not encouraging right?)......and i dont see any problem with it.Say lot of players will start running elites,noobs will start leeching and some will only farm for gold.This will cause the population to get more gold.So is it wrong for people to have more gold? will they purchase all items and horde to create artificial shortage in market and then sell? will dependency on plats will decrease? well all arcanes like pets come from locks which open with plat so dependency on plats will not decrease. Also its very important to have a good source of gold specially for new players.When i was new,if i ever looted a locked, i could sell it for 10k+ in cs and gold earning wasnt hard(well locks were high due to plat farming but still it was good source).Also daily quest doesnt offer much and most u can earn in this game is mostly by selling stuff to other players and during events. i think we need more options than just siiting in towns tryna merch

Konan

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

I think this is getting off topic again. The issue with low level and undergeared players making money is a different topic than this. Putting proper loot in normal maps is necessary, but also not what this thread is about. This is also not about whether undergeared players should be running the same level maps as those who have worked 2 years to earn elite level gear.

The issue is that the lower elites are currently only used for ap's, so players reach cap, run them once, then spend a year+ farming the same couple of maps for current loot. The idea is to make use of all the game's content and spread current elite loot out among all elite maps, giving the players who have been here for 2+ years and are losing interest a choice in how they wish to play.

Sts also needs to make a way for new players to make money, but that is a topic someone can make a separate thread about.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts

100% agreed.
    Maybe all elite golden chests can drop tokens and maybe different sections can drop noble/higher than cracked version of jewels so all maps are played for the desired loot instead of just that one fastest map.
    This would also not need an increase in loot table which i always find STS reluctant to do, but still spice up elite runs.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

I think this is getting off topic again. The issue with low level and undergeared players making money is a different topic than this. Putting proper loot in normal maps is necessary, but also not what this thread is about. This is also not about whether undergeared players should be running the same level maps as those who have worked 2 years to earn elite level gear.

The issue is that the lower elites are currently only used for ap's, so players reach cap, run them once, then spend a year+ farming the same couple of maps for current loot. The idea is to make use of all the game's content and spread current elite loot out among all elite maps, giving the players who have been here for 2+ years and are losing interest a choice in how they wish to play.

Sts also needs to make a way for new players to make money, but that is a topic someone can make a separate thread about.
    ok maybe i didnt understand what the topic is about.I replied thinking it was about making drops better so players actually want to run elites....ps about good gold drops from bosses...pls share ur thoughts on this

Konan

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by avikk View Post
    You too are getting off topic XD
    I am because i look at this thread like a sales pitch XD
    We need to make it sound good for the dev reading this too. I believe they will be more willing to bring this change if not much needs to be tweaked with the loot table , since we also need to consider the "graphic footprint" ( or something similar) of the game and they are lazy ( jk)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

There are lots of good comments and ideas here aside from the trolling.

The definition of an expansion is to actually increase the number of maps we can play at our level and earn money on, not make old maps unplayable in favour of fewer,new maps.

If the devs say no to this, I know a lot of players would like to hear the rationale behind people leveling to 45 just to play a map with mobs easy enough to solo at level 20. I can't explain it any clearer than I have.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    115 Posts

Great idea.
    Pm me if you'd like me to make you custom sig... Happy to help if I got time, and donations are accepted if u love it

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Current issues

For the last few months, player interest has declined to an all-time low.

This can be seen clearly by the number of guild hoppers bouncing between guilds, the steady decline of online players (last night there were 12 out of 300 on my F/L online during North American prime time), and the #1 ranked guild for most online in the 7 day range is 22% below what it was a year ago.

Even considering that the economy always crashes as soon as an expansion is announced, much of this decline has to do with boredom - too little variety of maps to farm, too little loot of value to farm for, and too little challenge.

We have 3 new maps being added for the level 46 cap, and this is not going to hold people's attention for long. There is talk of a lot of potentially farmable stuff, so what's the deal? Are these items all going to squeeze into the three new bosses, leaving people groaning at the tedium of repetition?

Proposal

Why not take all the lovely elite maps from ALL the other seasons, and instead of having them easy enough for a naked level 20 to run with no viable loot, scale the mobs up to 46 like elites should be, and populate ALL the elite bosses in the game with viable loot. This would add a ton of interest and variety into the game, allowing for people to choose what they want to farm and where. If all maps were equally challenging (as far as mob level goes), and all had loot we could use - it would provide a lot more purpose for this new "skip-the-leveling" feature.

I have never seen the point of having low level elites, and wasted maps. Having maps with useless loot and one-hit-able mobs is a waste of space and bandwidth. It wouldn't take a lot of resources to scale things up, since the coding for scaling mobs is already present for tombs and other maps.

Are there any reasons for this not to be implemented? It may just fix the problem of severely declining player interest, loot distribution issues and a lot of other things.
    We cannot break even in elite farming nowadays.
    [Newcomx, Newcomy, & Newcomz]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    109 Posts

Someone please answer me, is she saying they have to scale old elite maps to L46 and give a certain loot for each bosses?
    I wish I were me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

Hi,
    The fact that newbies wont have elites maps to run is legit and is also associated with your proposal. If your proposal is heard then the entire al newbie population will be thrown off elites. As a gaming company it is not justified to entirely block the elite section to the new comers just because they dont have good gear.
    Also if this change is implemented then the population who just got cut off will rage here eventually reverting the change.

So it would be best if mob and boss scaling occurs upto level 46 but only considering the most powerful player in the pt on timer start.

That way the newbie pt would be able to fight bosses according to their stats and get loot and so does op parties. But i guess scaling problems like in twink levels of events would start happening. Not sure though.

Or STS can introduce a "Mega Elite" section with your implementation. That way no one gets cut off and everyone is happy
    Last edited by Anarchial; 06-18-2015 at 04:51 AM.
    Cause Anarchial causes only ANARCHY!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

Might be slightly off topic, but is it possible that there might be '4' maps? Whatever the community goal is to open up the new maps might be a playable map that sticks around too. Maybe it wasn't released in the test in order to not spoil the surprise?

Back on topic, I would love to see something worth farming in the Elite maps. We finally got to the point of being able to do them, and were severely disappointed at the loot... Better loot would definitely be welcome, 8^).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,016 Posts

Yes we need something to farm off all arlor elites. We have suggested this many many MANY times. Gear is time consuming on them, but allowing the new currency and items that we need for crafting to drop in ALL elite maps is a must. Hopefully they are already on this....

They certainly can't expect us to just play three maps from now on. Right?

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Candylicks For This Useful Post: