Thread: PvE Events

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    262 Posts

I did not put words in someone else's mouth. I reacted to what was written by said person, which seemed directly aimed at people who disagree with his idea (namely, me, being the one most outspoken by raising legitimate concerns). I also did not use a "period"/"full stop/".", which would have made it a declarative sentence. Instead, I used a "question mark"/"?" making it an interrogative phrase. There is a huge difference between the two. However, the response ("thank you for your frivolous attempt to criticize me 'bro'!") to the possible name calling concern seems to be rather heated and overly defensive in my opinion, making the appearance of an insult more real in the end.

I took the time to read and consider the group event idea and then to detail the numerous concerns about Will's suggestion, however my alternative viewpoints were seemingly dismissed by opposing rivals without critical evaluation or consideration.

In the end, I don't think anyone would disagree that the critical component of introducing a "party mode" for events would be the ability to choose to "go solo", or "go multiplayer". If this were to be the formula, one of choice, then who could complain? Beer or wine? Solo or party? Choose your poison.

Tournament & Ladder Leader XghostzX's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Draebatad View Post

I took the time to read and consider the group event idea and then to detail the numerous concerns about Will's suggestion, however my alternative viewpoints were seemingly dismissed by opposing rivals without critical evaluation or consideration.
    Your critical evaluation is all speculation, just as ours is. Your ideas were not dismissed, but rather argued against, just as you have done to my idea.

PL has always been a social game, and I'd just like to see the game back at its roots. I do want to ask – do you wholeheartedly believe that a group event is that out of sight? Can't we use our creative imaginations to resolve all of the issues, rather than shutting down the ideas? Or do you truly feel biased towards solo events because they are simply more enjoyable, or provide some sort of other enjoyment?
    Last edited by XghostzX; 07-14-2018 at 05:27 PM.