Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Star Legends Frequently Asked Questions/"Guide" For New Players

Tournament & Ladder Leader Silentarrow's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    66 Posts

Default Star Legends Frequently Asked Questions/"Guide" For New Players

Feel free to request a question and answer!

Q. Which class is the best?
    A. I'm almost positive every player who has played Star Legends has asked this question! The answer to this is there is no best class. All classes have there own unique advantages and disadvantages. Operatives are super single target damage dealers while they will die very easily. Commandos are the tanks of the game. Their hit percentages usually are lower than all the other classes, but they can live to tell their story after almost every mob attack. Engineers are the support class of the game, a team genrally relies on an engineer to keep them alive, so they tend to have a lot of pressure!

Q. What is this platinum thing I keep hearing about?
    A. Platinum is the in app purchase currency for all SpaceTime Studios games. Platinum lets you buy all sorts of awesome things such as vanity helmets, auction terminal slots, special gear, premium campaigns and more!

Q. Do I HAVE to buy platinum?
    A. Nope! Even without paying a penny for platinum a player can play all main spine campaigns and experience almost all (excluding campaigns) the features that a player who does pay for platinum experiences.

Q. I saw this guy with a red name!
    A. What you saw is a dev! All STS devs have red names!

Q. What are all the names of the campaigns, and which one should I be playing in?
    A. There are currently 5 campaigns in Star Legends, Dynastar Labs, Red Sun Pirate Spaceship, Cycorp Industries, Delta-7, Numa Prime, and Slouch-o.
    Level Recomendation
    Dynastar- 2-6
    Red Sun- 6-10
    Cycorp- 10-15
    Delta-7- 16-20
    Numa Prime- 21-25
    Sloucho- 26-30
    Shipyard Colony- 31-35
    Voloria- 36-41

Q. What's the auction house? Where can it be found?
    A. The auction house is a terminal where players can put items for sale, for a set price. Currently, there is no way to barter with the seller, although there is a possibility of this being added in the future. The auction house can be found in the "Storage and Trade" section in the USS Blackstar.

Q. What are credits?
    A. Credits are the in game currency of Star Legends. Credits can be used to buy items from other players or NPC's.

Q. What are guilds? How can I join one?
    A. Guilds are usually groups of people who are friends or have the same goal. To join a guild, you must be invited by a guild officer. After getting invited, go to the friends section of your avatar page, then go to "guilds".

Q. Items have different colored names?
    A. The color of an items name shows its rarity.
    Grey- Trash
    White- Common
    Orange- Uncommon
    Green- Rare
    Purple- Epic
    Pink- Legendary

Q. What is "DPS"
    A. Damge per Second

Q. Is there a way to recieve platinum for free?
    A. Yes, you can recieve free platinum by downloading apps from TapJoy. To get to this, go on your avatar page, then click "Store". You may also recieve platinum for telling your friends about the game and liking/following the game on Facebook and Twitter.

Q. What are stat points? Which ones should I use?
    A. Stat points are used to increase your characters stats. Dexterity increases hit% and critical%, strength increases dodge health and H/S, intellegence increases mana and mana per second. A more detailed explanation of stat points can be found here- http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...DEX-INT)-Guide

Q. What are elite chests?
    A. Elite chests can be identified by two little blue "bars" on the bottom of the chest. Elite chests have a much better drop rate than normal chests. Elite chests "spawns" are completley random.

Q. Where can I farm vanities?
    A. Vanities can be farmed in all Numa Prime and Slouch-o Campaign levels. Numa Prime drops the vanities X-Ray Vision, Mechanical Man Helmet, and Squid Buddy. The Slouch-o campaign drops Comedy, Tragedy, and Zany Goggles. X-Ray Vision can drop at any campaign.
    Hint: Most Numa Prime vanities are found on the level Outer Limits

Q. If I farm at a level that is appropriate for me, do I have a better chance at a good drop than a person who is above the reccomended level?
    A. Nope! Nothing effects drop rates in Star Legends. Although, elixers allow you to re-roll your loot.

Q. What is farming?
    A. No, you do not have to grow crops in Star Legends to earn money . Farming is where players "complete" the same map (or a select few) over and over again using a selected strategy. Usually farmers "farm" for high end gear, although there are different types of farming such as stim farming and kill farming.

Q. Why do so many people have green antenna
    A. Antenna are an exclusive vanity item that prove that you have seen and waved at an STS dev! Currently, there is only one color of antenna (green). More will probably be added in the future.

Q. What are enhancers?
    A. Enhancers (elixers in PL) are "drinks" that you can purchase with platinum or credits (only with a tier 3 guild hall) to improve your characters damage, defence, xp gain rate, speed, and ability to re-roll loot. Enhancers can be purchased at a discounted price from a tier 2 and tier 3 guild hall.

Q. How can I speak in guild chat?
    A. To speak in guild chat simply type /g before you say your message. Ex: /g Hey guys!

Q. What is M/S and H/S
    A. M/S and H/S stand for mana per second and health per second. For example, if you have 2 health per second, you will regenerate 20 health in 10 seconds.

Any typo's or wrong information? Feel free to tell me .
    Last edited by Silentarrow; 03-31-2012 at 08:08 AM.

2. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Silentarrow For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    95 Posts

Very nice guide, lots of quick clear info here.
    Proud Co-Leader of Infinite Union
    Infinite Union forums

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    421 Posts

Hey great job Silent!

Only thing that I felt was a little unclear was TapJoy?

This is only available through apple I believe (though i could be wrong)

EDIT: I was wrong hehe never tried before

Also Android and Apple users can also get free platnium by;

Inviting friends - 5 Plat

Like Star Legends on Facebook - 2 Plat

Like Pocket Legends on Facebook - 2 Plat

This can be found when entering the main screen after logging in there is an option to the right named Spacetime Nexus click here, and then click offers.

This also helps spread the word of STS and their games, also any announcements to be made
    Last edited by BodMaster; 09-21-2011 at 08:32 AM.

Still trying to comprehend how 2k+ can die from Barrels O.o

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

How does the inviting friends work?

Edit: Never mind lol
    Facebones & Dethklock are proud members of Vengeance

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    66 Posts

Lol you guys took my reserve spot oh well! Adding more info at the moment.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    421 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Silentarrow View Post
    Lol you guys took my reserve spot oh well! Adding more info at the moment.
    Lol.. woops

Typo's at the end of 1st question 'Which class is the best?' 'generally' and 'relies'. (Spell check needed FTW)

I was also under the impression that all maps dropped all Vanity.. though the ones described to drop in Numa and Sloucho are most likely?

What is Farming? Another that could be added above 'Where can I farm vanities' as this term is only known to more experienced players

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    66 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BodMaster View Post
    Lol.. woops

Typo's at the end of 1st question 'Which class is the best?' 'generally' and 'relies'. (Spell check needed FTW)

I was also under the impression that all maps dropped all Vanity.. though the ones described to drop in Numa and Sloucho are most likely?

What is Farming? Another that could be added above 'Where can I farm vanities' as this term is only known to more experienced players
    Excellent addition! I'm pretty sure most vanities in Numa are dropped in OL. Slouch-o's drop rates seem to be equal.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

Nice guide! But...Elite Chests are NOT random. Cmon, you should know this Silent! It spawns in two specific chest spawns in Scorcher.

The Engineer Door near the beginning. The chest on the right of the room (looking into it, parallel to the walls) can spawn as a elite.

And

The Commando Door near the end. The chest at the right of the room (looking into it, parallel to the walls) can spawn as elite.

No other chests can spawn as elite, I believe. And I have never seen both of them as Elite....

ALSO, drop rates are not as great in Sloucho. I have never seen an Epic drop from Elite Chests. I have seen very few greens. Mostly Oranges and never crafting from Elite Chests.

EDIT: Another thing you should add...Antennas. wave at a dev and their yours! Dev "spawns" () are random! Also, antenna are not tradeable

EDIT: Its not cs! Its auction!
    Last edited by Register; 09-21-2011 at 08:10 PM.
    ShadowPlat OneMoreDay RegiLess & RegFree
    My Guess: 177

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    66 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Register View Post
    Nice guide! But...Elite Chests are NOT random. Cmon, you should know this Silent! It spawns in two specific chest spawns in Scorcher.

The Engineer Door near the beginning. The chest on the right of the room (looking into it, parallel to the walls) can spawn as a elite.

And

The Commando Door near the end. The chest at the right of the room (looking into it, parallel to the walls) can spawn as elite.

No other chests can spawn as elite, I believe. And I have never seen both of them as Elite....

ALSO, drop rates are not as great in Sloucho. I have never seen an Epic drop from Elite Chests. I have seen very few greens. Mostly Oranges and never crafting from Elite Chests.

EDIT: Another thing you should add...Antennas. wave at a dev and their yours! Dev "spawns" () are random! Also, antenna are not tradeable

EDIT: Its not cs! Its auction!
    Elite Chest's spawn point is determined, but the CHANCE of getting one is random .
    Elite Chests do have a better drop rate in Slouch-o, chances of a pink and purp are still very low though.
    Changing "CS" to "auction"!
    I'll add an antenna section.

Thanks Register!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    421 Posts

Excellent addition! I'm pretty sure most vanities in Numa are dropped in OL. Slouch-o's drop rates seem to be equal.
    No problem! Glad I could help

May have been mistaken then I believed that before last update you could get X-ray, Mech Helm and Squid from any map any enemy any chest in all content.. so even possible to get in Labs, Pirates, Delta etc.. and thought that someone had claimed they had received one in the Cycorps. Just a heads up if brought up later

Vanities official names for X-ray is 'X-Ray Vision' and Zanny is 'Zany Glasses'

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    66 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BodMaster View Post

Vanities official names for X-ray is 'X-Ray Vision' and Zanny is 'Zany Glasses'
    Fixing!

I haven't heard of those vanities dropping in other campaigns, I'll look into it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    66 Posts

K guys! I'm going to try to get all pictures done tonight!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default New thing to know

There is a new question i saw asking by many people
    Q.Why they booted me?
    A.THey boit u because they hate u or u must did some mistake like wrong language . Tgey also boot u if they doin their own guild XP RUN. So kindly play fair and enjoy this game. I will help u guys out in SL if u pm me (CRUIZE)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    561 Posts

Adding your link to my guide...thx silent
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=54483&dateline=131136  6901
    PL-Ghosts | SL-DL-AL- Ghost | SL-DL-AL-Octavos

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    66 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by octavos View Post
    Adding your link to my guide...thx silent
    Which guide? I'd like to see it .

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    561 Posts

Which guide? I'd like to see it .
    In SL guides forum
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=54483&dateline=131136  6901
    PL-Ghosts | SL-DL-AL- Ghost | SL-DL-AL-Octavos

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default lalala

Q. What are credits?
    A. Credits are the in game currency of Star Legends. Credits can be used to buy items from other players or NPC's.

what is the NPC'S???

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by zongui View Post
    Q. What are credits?

what is the NPC'S???
    theyre Non-Playing Characters, but in the bases i could only buy stuff from the auction terminal or the implant/weapons creator, which technically, imo, arent really NPC's tehe

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    66 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by zongui View Post
    Q. What are credits?

what is the NPC'S???
    NPC's are those characters that just stand there/run around The Blackstar. NPC's also can be things such as vendors ex:Implant Creator.

Edit: Woops, didn't read post above!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    327 Posts

great guide! very good for newcomers!