Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My thoughts so far on the Ursoth's Assault Event

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    327 Posts

Default My thoughts so far on the Ursoth's Assault Event

Hi all,

You may know me as being a PL player, but I have recently got into playing Arcane Legends, due to the current event.

I personally am starting to feel like getting gold tier will be impossible. I have a few reasons why. Firstly, I do not get many friends coming online for me to do runs with, getting to gold. Secondly, I have been pug running lately due to this lack of friends online, and I have been faced with Helena. We killed Ursoth without too much trouble, but Helena just won't go down.

Due to the fact that I can't kill Helena, I am giving up on getting dovabear at gold tier. We definitely need a Helena nerf if I have any chance of getting to gold tier, or more friends online so I don't have to rely on other people. Anyone who would like to do some runs with me feel free to add my level 26, my username is Skeletonlord.

Then we get to the energy system. This system allows for 3 uses a day.

So, my only criticism is that i am worried about not getting to gold tier, and dovabear won't be available anymore, and the fact that i don't get many people online to play with.

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    615 Posts

I do agree that Helena does need a slight nerf, however if you want to get to gold tier you are going to need to buy some kits.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    769 Posts

whats your lvl?

add me, IGN: Xruizhex

if you are a sorcerer, get a group of mostly rogues (due to damage = Helena dies faster), then use the skill: Arcane Shield (Prefer 5/5 upgraded)
    as soon as Helena shoots up the purple stuff, charge and use the shield, so when the purple hits you, you'll either not take damage (due to invincibility upgrade) or take only about 20% rather than 50-60% of health
    The build I use for Helena is: Fire, Time Shift, Shield, Heal (all 5/5)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

uh. lvl26. its better to solo. if u r rogue then easy. just use Ward and u can kill Helena easily with aimshot crits
    u need medic packs skill if u r tight on gold. and buy str dex druid set gears.its cheal.
    and ribbit to further enhance critting.

pugs at this lvl is hard as Helena becomes too OP compared to lvl25

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    615 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ruizhe View Post
    whats your lvl?

add me, IGN: Xruizhex

if you are a sorcerer, get a group of mostly rogues (due to damage = Helena dies faster), then use the skill: Arcane Shield (Prefer 5/5 upgraded)
    as soon as Helena shoots up the purple stuff, charge and use the shield, so when the purple hits you, you'll either not take damage (due to invincibility upgrade) or take only about 20% rather than 50-60% of health
    The build I use for Helena is: Fire, Time Shift, Shield, Heal (all 5/5)
    Well I use 7 skills so 5/5 every skill + the ideal passives isn't possible, lol.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    58 Posts

If you wanna get gold tier and don't wanna buy kits you should be able to fairly easily over the course of the event by farming energy essence and crafting energy. I was initially farming elondrian essence to craft crates and I ended up with a back log of energy essence which I can't craft enough to keep up with. Try farming essences in camp boulder or watchers tombs where the drop rates are fairly high You will get to gold tier.

For friends coming online I suggest you find an active guild and get involved there as you will never be short of people to play with

Good luck!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ruizhe View Post
    Fire, Time Shift, Shield, Heal (all 5/5)
    Worst build ever.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Haligali For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    769 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Haligali View Post
    Worst build ever.
    it not bad in my opinion, maybe there's better ones, until I find them, the current build I use is good enough for me

you may have a different opinion, then use your build

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    327 Posts

Thanks guys. I am a level 26 warrior. What's the best gear for my level? I'm also short on gold, so I can't buy energy kits. Maybe I should be farming essences in Camp Boulder.

I should probably change my guild as well, any active guilds worth looking out for?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    322 Posts

Chin up thread maker, i got to gold tier without buying kits, in... 4-5 days

How? first of all farm energy essences and craft them as often as you can (I didnt farm that many, something like 5-6 energy's a day)

Join a guild appropriate to your lvl and run event runs with them, helena isnt so hard with the right people and the right build.

When you kill bosses like helena and ursoth you get plenty more points than the other 2 bosses so the road to gold tier really isnt that long, and this event has 11 more days.

Edit: To answer your last question try the event living spirit and ancient druid sets, it screams value for money.
    elondrian rings are good if you find the right one too.
    Last edited by matanofx; 07-09-2014 at 12:30 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

I don't really see the problem with friends not on for runs... 90% of the time if you wait a bit in the map, you'll get a full team. Really, for Helena all you need is someone tanking her and someone healing.

About the energy, you can craft energy kits. Go to wt4 and farm some essence. After you get your first set of kits, craft some more, and keep it running so that you always have kits available. That's what I always do and I never have a problem with not having energy.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Busterbiebe For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

buy ancient druid of potency set. but costly ( u can even get from entangled chest if u lucky)

if u can't , then buy ancient druid of will set. it's cheap and has high HP and armour.
    and also use captain axe of potency weapon or mountain grinder of potency. and use ribbit. its darn good pet lol.
    u dnt even need Ward if u r warrior.
    just stay at one position and use hammer, windmill, horn of renew and vengeful blood
    and. use ribbit AA right after using charged windmill .

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    384 Posts

I see no problem with the event. This event got me to finally start to really play AL. It doesn't seem hard to get to gold, I'm halfway through silver without spending any plat or buying any kits. I just use the energy I get as it refills and craft 1 or 2 energy kits a day. Although I do agree Helena is extremely difficult. I haven't found Ursoth yet but I hear he's much easier than Helena even though he's supposed to be hardest.

Programmed-Level 85 mage, Praktica-Level 85 rhino

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

solo wt2-3 only. its easy for warrior and u can get alot essences.
    u will get overwhelmed in camp boulder. so not mch good there.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Warrior logic. Druid armor is terrible on me and camp boulder is a piece of cake. Is that how it works for all mages?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by programmed View Post
    I see no problem with the event. This event got me to finally start to really play AL. It doesn't seem hard to get to gold, I'm halfway through silver without spending any plat or buying any kits. I just use the energy I get as it refills and craft 1 or 2 energy kits a day. Although I do agree Helena is extremely difficult. I haven't found Ursoth yet but I hear he's much easier than Helena even though he's supposed to be hardest.
    Helena is not hard if there is good mage that knows to control vines while rogue critting Helena to death. and warrior healing aand shielding.

the fact why Helena is hard due to its infinite spawning vines and ppl hitting vines mostly

and ursoth is not that easy after he summons herond. but doable with pugs and not mch frustrating like Helena and is worth time

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Busterbiebe View Post
    Warrior logic. Druid armor is terrible on me and camp boulder is a piece of cake. Is that how it works for all mages?
    wat? I dnt understand lol.
    and druid of potency set is best for war.
    and camp boulder is easy but sometimes u can get verwhelmed by those armour reducing wolfs or get killed when u lag. its risky there.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    384 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by utpal View Post
    Helena is not hard if there is good mage that knows to control vines while rogue critting Helena to death. and warrior healing aand shielding.

the fact why Helena is hard due to its infinite spawning vines and ppl hitting vines mostly

and ursoth is not that easy after he summons herond. but doable with pugs and not mch frustrating like Helena and is worth time
    Problem is, I haven't really played AL since its first cap so I still only a l15 and a l16 and at those low levels there aren't a whole lot of mages and rogues who know what to do. Instead it always ends up being a game full of newbies.
    I do see what you mean about the infinite vines, that is a major issue. I'm used to PL's targeting system where you tap who you want to attack but in AL you attack whatever's in front of you which is usually the vines. If there weren't so many vines then it wouldn't make Helena seem to take as long.
    I didn't know that about ursoth, like I said before I haven't found him yet and was just going by what I had heard from people.

Programmed-Level 85 mage, Praktica-Level 85 rhino

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts

Default My thoughts so far on the Ursoth's Assault Event

Pt me I'll help against Helena if you need.
    Credits to Iady

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    98 Posts

Hey, perhaps my rogue could help you. I have several twink friends at 26 or 27 that could also help you.

IGN: Ipirate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk