Thread: The Engineer's Survival Guide

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    NorthEast Ohio on the #1 Trout River next to Lake Erie
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I think these are wrong ....(my Opinion) Sorry I quick skimmed it. I will read deep into it friday night. I love hotel life. LOL

•Not a great solo class...... This is wrong. Im working on delta 3 now solo. I just soloed 95% of 20 to 21.(Im clearing zones. Not just a few front mobs). Then almost everytime I clear a zone. I walk out with 25/25 potions. I always go into a zone solo with 1 power pack.
    ----------------------------------

•Engineers are NOT good at crowd control....... --- This depends on how your team plays(most groups dont need cc).
    --------------------------------------

•If you are planning on doing more solo-farming in the game, then you should put some points into DEX to raise your crit a slight bit, but if you are a team player, just put everything into INT.

You dont need dex to solo.
    Last edited by Diodge; 07-20-2011 at 08:23 PM.
    """""""""There's a sucker born every minute" P. T. Barnum"""""""""

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Diodge View Post
    I think these are wrong ....(my Opinion) Sorry I quick skimmed it. I will read deep into it friday night. I love hotel life. LOL

•Not a great solo class...... This is wrong. Im working on delta 3 now solo. I just soloed 95% of 20 to 21.(Im clearing zones. Not just a few front mobs). Then almost everytime I clear a zone. I walk out with 25/25 potions. I always go into a zone solo with 1 power pack.
    ----------------------------------

•Engineers are NOT good at crowd control....... --- This depends on how your team plays(most groups dont need cc).
    --------------------------------------

•If you are planning on doing more solo-farming in the game, then you should put some points into DEX to raise your crit a slight bit, but if you are a team player, just put everything into INT.

You dont need dex to solo.
    I agree, but....this is what I would prefer:
    You should max out revive. It's a very important skill. Plus, it minimizes out complaints about "engineers going out of heal range". By maxing out revive and heal, that is how I earned my well known reputation as one of the best healers. As of wither and pain, add five points to pain since it is one of the two stuns you have. Ignore wither, its not one of the best, most enemies do not seem affected by it. Max out suppresion, too. It increases how many enemies get stunned. Very useful in every single map. And sonic boom? Add only one point to it, its very important because its one of the group attacks. And decay? Add four points. Of course, max out force shield and transference. Protection and Leech are especially useless. Protection doesn't give you protection. Also, its seems as if force shield is like that too, but you will notice that your life isn't going down if you use it. For a while only though.
    All those I used and earned my rep as a good fighter and healer in town. I hope you become one too. I hope everyone will find it useful.
    Thanks.
    ~Racosai
    Last edited by Racosai; 05-27-2012 at 09:16 AM.