Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: 2023-01-24 Content Update (299242)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #1
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,190 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by snakeeyes View Post
    Yeah thats the problem of bow and gun they miss on miniboss sometimes on main boss.
    In the case of the Kraken Bow from what I see they're not missing; the shots are being dodged. This may sound like a distinction without a difference but: miniboss and boss monsters typically have a lot higher Dodge % than minions.

In an environment with a high ping, it's possible that the closer enemies are not visibly closer when you fire the weapon. I think this is a more rare problem (and would be pretty consistent 'cause your ping would be yellow or red most of the time anyway so you'd probably adjust to the feel over time).

Making the Bow and Gun impervious to Dodge % would be a buff :-)
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cinco View Post
    In the case of the Kraken Bow from what I see they're not missing; the shots are being dodged. This may sound like a distinction without a difference but: miniboss and boss monsters typically have a lot higher Dodge % than minions.

In an environment with a high ping, it's possible that the closer enemies are not visibly closer when you fire the weapon. I think this is a more rare problem (and would be pretty consistent 'cause your ping would be yellow or red most of the time anyway so you'd probably adjust to the feel over time).

Making the Bow and Gun impervious to Dodge % would be a buff :-)
    Dont think its about dodge, it simply seems to have smaller area of effect for splitshot and targets 4 targets while bounty targets 5 (if im not wrong), it might seem negligible but its very noticable when playing.
    Targeting - we r talking about when u r facing the boss but bow still fires backwards (idk is it cuz it prefers to target a group?), u could be standing still and facing the boss and it still happens so it doesnt seem to be about ping.
    Damage - i wouldnt mind if damage is slightly lowered (like 10-20%) in exchange for 12s cooldown because rogues who run rahab prefer to use daggers because in normal party these days u alrdy have plenty of damage and lower cooldown of the daggers fits better for the 4 stages that rahab has, similar with other bosses even without "stages" there is plenty of damage in full party.

Sent from my 2201116SG using Tapatalk

3.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #3
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,190 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Staaarlord View Post
    Dont think its about dodge, it simply seems to have smaller area of effect for splitshot and targets 4 targets while bounty targets 5 (if im not wrong), it might seem negligible but its very noticable when playing.
    Targeting - we r talking about when u r facing the boss but bow still fires backwards (idk is it cuz it prefers to target a group?), u could be standing still and facing the boss and it still happens so it doesnt seem to be about ping.
    Damage - i wouldnt mind if damage is slightly lowered (like 10-20%) in exchange for 12s cooldown because rogues who run rahab prefer to use daggers because in normal party these days u alrdy have plenty of damage and lower cooldown of the daggers fits better for the 4 stages that rahab has, similar with other bosses even without "stages" there is plenty of damage in full party.

Well... it's about something! :-)

As for the damage nerf and cooldown buff - that's a reasonable tradeoff. I'll put it on my list of things to address.

This tradeoff is clearly the sort of thing that I should preroll in an announcement thread. If the Bow and Gun suddenly get a shorter cooldown but lower damage, even if the DPS, min, max all stay exactly the same, there will be an (entirely avoidable) ragecry tantrum.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts

-1 bad idea, is good mage and roug dmg rn dont disturb

Enviado desde mi SM-J700M mediante Tapatalk

5.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #5
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,190 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by recilencia123 View Post
    -1 bad idea, is good mage and roug dmg rn dont disturb

I'll make an announcement before committing to the change.

But if you don't mind weighing in: if damage is reduced but cooldown is also reduced and you get the exact same amount of DPS, min, and max damage... that's unacceptable?

Thanks in advance.
    | | | |

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts

But if you don't mind weighing in: if damage is reduced but cooldown is also reduced and you get the exact same amount of DPS, min, and max damage... that's unacceptable?

Thanks in advance.
    Yes i mean, i need more dmg to kill boss faster if i have my proc quickly my proc from others like arti or armor still on cd so it's ok rn

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Thanks in advance.
    Can we get that in krak sword. Increase the cd back to 16s but increase the damage instead

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    653 Posts

Thanks in advance.
    Thanks Cinco for looking into other things! As a rogue, to keep up with the Warrior mythic weapon was near impossible where it just melts the boss. It took pretty much Kracken full set to be able to reach that same speed and power. It does come with some issues as others have said with targeting such as missing or dodged where we just need to wait till it cools down before trying again. Before the kracken bow, I was using the marianos bow and the way that works with targeting and charging in my opinion is much more interactive and cool with the sea blasts. The only issue was again getting the charged shots to the target of interest xD I'm in favor of reduced damage if we can gain better control over targeting, otherwise current system isn't too bad.
    IGN: Kakashi <Deviant Misfits> - We run PVE!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

I do think its unacceptable! As the system currently is, the damage of bow is just high enough to do good in any combination of ur liking.

Less cooldown isnt the solution to hitting ur shots. Ur weapon is still on a cooldown and now u have to deal with the mobs comming towards you and the boss while weapon is dtill on cooldown. Making ur next shot wich might be shorter even harder to hit.

10.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #10
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,190 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by snakeeyes View Post
    +1 for this make all boss killer weapon 12sec cd after all this weapon miss sometimes
    Quote Originally Posted by will0 View Post
    ..make it all equals thats how this kraken sword / gun / bow works all the same mechanics.
    Could kraken bows and guns get the same love? 16s is so long cd
    Short answer to this is: Yes.

I'm game to make this adjustment without nerfing the Bow / Gun damage.

While I don't think it will be a salve for the bitter rivalry between Wars, Rogues and Sorcs it will be a boon to players that are cooperating.
    | | | |

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Cinco For This Useful Post: