Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Blast still glitched?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    189 Posts

Exclamation Blast still glitched?

Not sure if this or the bug forum is the appropriate place to post this, but...

It seem like todays patch has resolved the problem of blast dealing double damage on a single enemy.
    However, neither does double/triple/etc blasting work on a group of enemies, like it did before! It really cuts down the potential damage a bird can deal and I would highly appreciate it if the devs might look into this one and fix it as soon as possible, since I guess it was not intended either.

Tyvm.
    *Gaunab
    Last edited by Gaunab; 02-01-2012 at 02:09 PM.
    OneRandomNoob - 76 meatshield | Gaunab - 76 dodgenub

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gaunab For This Useful Post:

3.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #2
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

Gaunab,

Can you elaborate about what you think is not working right?

If I understand you correctly, say you have 2 birds in your group and a bear. The bear rounds up a group of say 5 enemies and the birds advance to then hit them with blast shot.

The first bird's target would be hit by the primary damage of their blast shot and the 4 enemies (if they are in the radius of the blast shot) would be hit by the aoe damage component of that blast shot.

The second bird's target would be hit by the primary damage of their blast shot and the 4 enemies (if they are in the radius of the blast shot) would be hit by the aoe damage component of that blast shot.

That's how it should work. Is that not what you're seeing?
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    189 Posts

Thank you for the quick response Sam, but my point was something else:

Normally (before the first blast glitch), blast shot would do 'single' damage on one target, when noone else is in the range.
    But when fired into a group of enemies everyone who was in the range would amplify the damage. So on two persons, each would get hit twice by the blast damage, ect.
    Strategically used it was devastating for any group of enemies and added diversity to combos and gameplay. I'm sure I am not the only bird who loved playing around with this mighty tool. Without, things are much tougher now, and I miss it as an strategic element.
    Please look into it, it noticably weakened the efficiency and aoe possibilities of the bird class.

...or was this never intended?! D:

5.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #4
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

I don't think that was ever intended.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne View Post
    I don't think that was ever intended.

It has always been like gaunab described!
    :-(

Sent from my awesome Galaxy Note using TapaTalk

Tournament & Ladder Leader AbsolutePally's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    182 Posts

Whoa lol, all this time! It was a key element to strat in team play. Now birds will be extremely underpowered without their bread and butter. We used to try to stay away from our teamates if a bird ws near ro avoid getting blasted.
    Birds like Dollo made a career out of double blast, killing people unlucky enough to be bunched together. It broke up "camping" and people trying to pull together, hide and do all their skills. In ffa/ctf it was a counter measure to break up that virtual fortress.
    It seems like roles are reversed now. Birds are the support/debuff (soldiers) and mages are the damage dealers (motherships) if it wasnt for a birda ability to blast a shield down root, eliminating high dodge, they'd almost essentially be useless. Ik blind is important amd break helps reduce armor but geez. Those are all support debuff roles. With str and int armor being so high their damage capabilities are in fact handicapped.
    Retired: Alwaysdt 71 Mage. Legends never die, they just fade away.

Revelation

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AbsolutePally For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    189 Posts

Thank you for the input Sam, eventhough it was not what I hoped for... lol

And I agree absolutely with Absolutepally. It was a very strategic tool, that needed practice and skill to master.
    My concern is not only that birds are less powerful now, what they most likely are, they can still kill good and fast. Just not as good as before.
    It was a strategic element, involving some more complexity to the game. It was fun and skill to execute and to avoid it, and I think birds and PvP will change without it.....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

Noticed that the endgame pvp is very unstable, with first mages, then bears, and now birds losing the usability to a skill.

On-topic: Hope this gets fixed!
    Xazic -- That random warbird.

11.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #9
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

We will definitely be looking into this.

It's important to note, however, that just because something may have existed for a while doesn't mean it's meant to be that way.

An example of this are the mobs that used to be farmable in AO:3.

If I'm understanding correctly, what Blast Shot used to do was definitely a bug. It's meant to be a single shot that did additional AoE damage to anything standing around it. Double or triple blasting that may have existed was *not* intentional and *was* a bug: that AoE damage was not meant to chain.

That being said, if you think abilities like that are *cool* then explain them, in detail, on the suggestion forums. This is especially true if you feel that they brought a complexity that didn't previously exist.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to JSL For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    189 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JSL View Post
    That being said, if you think abilities like that are *cool* then explain them, in detail, on the suggestion forums. This is especially true if you feel that they brought a complexity that didn't previously exist.
    Reverse order: Taking it out of the game would take out a complexity/stragtegic element that always used to exist (or at least as far as I can think back)!
    To know how to time your own and avoid other blasts was a key to successful groupplay.
    Also the bird was more powerful on his own when encountering a group of enemies since he was able to deal some massive aoe if the skills were executed smartly, we will have much harder times now dealing with multiple enemies at once...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    182 Posts

This will have a profound effect in the ffa tournie.
    Since it is indeed a bug it will be interesting to see how things play out. It will serve as a great indication of how the new change has impacted team play.
    Better or worse. I know many people (especially mages) that are happy about this revamp, I however am not sure if this is a good thing. Maybe upcoming bird sets with the new cap will get something to compensate for this and the underpowered Dex sets of Mt Fang.

Revelation

15. The Following User Says Thank You to AbsolutePally For This Useful Post:

16.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #12
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gaunab View Post
    Reverse order: Taking it out of the game would take out a complexity/stragtegic element that always used to exist (or at least as far as I can think back)!
    To know how to time your own and avoid other blasts was a key to successful groupplay.
    Also the bird was more powerful on his own when encountering a group of enemies since he was able to deal some massive aoe if the skills were executed smartly, we will have much harder times now dealing with multiple enemies at once...
    After evaluating the change and looking at the intended purpose of the ability it looks as if it was a definite glitch that a "chain" explosion was happening to blast shot. The ability is now working as intended.

The bug may have brought interesting side effects but it was just that; a bug. One that adds an imbalance in both PvE and PvP and changes the intended difficulty of these areas. This is especially true for PvE content.

As mentioned before, it's no different than our recently fixing the AO3 spawns. That may have been a cool place to get lots of money quickly. However, it wasn't intended and added an element to the game that shouldn't have existed.

Quote Originally Posted by AbsolutePally View Post
    This will have a profound effect in the ffa tournie.
    Since it is indeed a bug it will be interesting to see how things play out. It will serve as a great indication of how the new change has impacted team play.
    Better or worse. I know many people (especially mages) that are happy about this revamp, I however am not sure if this is a good thing. Maybe upcoming bird sets with the new cap will get something to compensate for this and the underpowered Dex sets of Mt Fang.
    That's a solid way of looking at this. Something to remember; we are constantly evaluating balance and discrepancies. Let's let our evaluation of the changes be driven by the data.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to JSL For This Useful Post:

18.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #13
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

Thade is also going to take a look at the damage numbers to see if, with this latest bug fix change, that Blast Shot is still doing appropriate damage.
    | | | |

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Samhayne For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Just bring up a concern. With this "strategy" bears were given the short stick. I mean, we do all the tanking, take the deaths, and then hardly get the kills to show for it. Why? Because the birds are stealing them all away...
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Zeus For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    182 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Apollo View Post
    Just bring up a concern. With this "strategy" bears were given the short stick. I mean, we do all the tanking, take the deaths, and then hardly get the kills to show for it. Why? Because the birds are stealing them all away...
    Oh the non glamourous lives of bears and pallies alike.

Revelation

23. The Following User Says Thank You to AbsolutePally For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by AbsolutePally View Post
    Oh the non glamourous lives of bears and pallies alike.
    Lol, ikr? Kinda makes me frustrated in CTF at times.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JSL View Post
    After evaluating the change and looking at the intended purpose of the ability it looks as if it was a definite glitch that a "chain" explosion was happening to blast shot. The ability is now working as intended.

The bug may have brought interesting side effects but it was just that; a bug. One that adds an imbalance in both PvE and PvP and changes the intended difficulty of these areas. This is especially true for PvE content.

As mentioned before, it's no different than our recently fixing the AO3 spawns. That may have been a cool place to get lots of money quickly. However, it wasn't intended and added an element to the game that shouldn't have existed.

That's a solid way of looking at this. Something to remember; we are constantly evaluating balance and discrepancies. Let's let our evaluation of the changes be driven by the data.
    I have to confess I have no idea what you guys are talking about when it comes to pvp. Haha.
    However, I have a concern with nerfing down blast shot in pve. Idk how long this blast shot "bug" has been around but in pve birds are not overpowered IMO. I have high level toons in all classes btw (however my main is a bird). I'm worried that any changes in blast shot will make us weaker and make the high level maps even more difficult than they are. If any class is OP (in pve) I feel like it's the mages. They can deal massive aoe, have lots of armor, and are relied on to rev and heal. If you reduce the birds ability to damage the mage will become even more OP in comparison. If it's been like this from the get go and hasn't been a problem I don't see why it's a problem now all of a sudden (I'm very well aware of all the "change is inevitable part of the game" speeches, lol).

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wvhills For This Useful Post:

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    230 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by robert7204 View Post
    I have to confess I have no idea what you guys are talking about when it comes to pvp. Haha.
    However, I have a concern with nerfing down blast shot in pve. Idk how long this blast shot "bug" has been around but in pve birds are not overpowered IMO. I have high level toons in all classes btw (however my main is a bird). I'm worried that any changes in blast shot will make us weaker and make the high level maps even more difficult than they are. If any class is OP (in pve) I feel like it's the mages. They can deal massive aoe, have lots of armor, and are relied on to rev and heal. If you reduce the birds ability to damage the mage will become even more OP in comparison. If it's been like this from the get go and hasn't been a problem I don't see why it's a problem now all of a sudden (I'm very well aware of all the "change is inevitable part of the game" speeches, lol).
    1. Birds are mainly quick killers. They deal damage quickly to mobs, specializing in lots of damage to single targets. They also have pretty fast skill cool downs. That's why there is a cool down.

2. How are mages supposed to be good support if they can't do good aoe to debuff, freeze, and knock away mobs? How are they supposed to reach you to heal and rev you if they can't do that?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    182 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by robert7204 View Post
    This is a really good look at it from a pve stand point. And as you can imagine it has a parallel effect on pvp.

Revelation

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Swimmingstar View Post
    1. Birds are mainly quick killers. They deal damage quickly to mobs, specializing in lots of damage to single targets. They also have pretty fast skill cool downs. That's why there is a cool down.

2. How are mages supposed to be good support if they can't do good aoe to debuff, freeze, and knock away mobs? How are they supposed to reach you to heal and rev you if they can't do that?
    What if the reason birds have been so good at the single targets (bosses) is because of this blast shot "bug"? An end game bird has about 70 crit while buffed. If blast shot was doubled before then 70% of the time this "extra" attack was also being doubled. That's a lot of damage to take away and since it has been, will birds even be the best at single target damage? If not then we won't be getting aggro at the boss or kiting anymore and then the mages will be relied on to buff, debuff, heal, rev, clear trash mobs and get aggro at the boss. Also, they can always heal and rev me because I'm standing behind them as far away from the mobs as I can get like I should be. haha.

My main point is the pve mechanics were well balanced before but I'm inexperienced with pvp so I can't speak for that.

Also, if this is the thread where feedback is being consolidated I'd suggest moving it to the feedback section. Being stuck in the pvp section it's somewhat hidden and the feedback will generally be slanted towards the pvp side.