Quote Originally Posted by Analytical View Post
That's exactly what I'm saying. Privacy discussion already.

I could say the exact same thing to you to any of your social account, bank account all account related to privacy. I could stretch this even further, like why are you hiding behind your accounts? Show your face, your house, your assets, and everything you do on the Internet. You see why I won't want to go to this rabbit hole. Privacy is a huge discussion.

Truth is not everyone wants to be known to everyone.

My public name is known to many both in game and in forum which are poorbutpro and vanitystats. Same thing for my public name I have nothing to hide. Its public for a reason.

I created private characters so that I can
1. Have peace of mind for example playing or afk in towns with nobody knowing me or no friends at all I can just chill without anybody bothering me.
2. People pm me pretty often when I'm on with my public name, it can be nice when I'm free but when I just wanted to check auction prices for example when I'm busy in life I won't want to be perceived as snobbish when I don't reply their pms.
3. For business, I used alternates to prevent people to pm me when I list something in auction, basically fixing the prices. I switch to another character after listing them. For things that are negotiable on the other hand, I would use my public name mostly to sell.

This reply applies to inozuke as well. I don't get how you guys stretched this far. I don't lowball or merch(used to but not have that kinda time anymore), so I don't need to be shady enough to use a private account for that purpose. Instead I hoard items I see as having potential to rise.

Don't be so presumptions on people's intention. Thought I have seen some good responses until these.

Sent from my LIO-L29 using Tapatalk
Most don't make sense.
Your igns can only know if they inspect you, I clearly said that, they must be on the same map, so if you have doubts about someone you inspect it, see their history and that's it.
Where do I get in the privacy of your wallet or your real life?
Making merch is morally wrong, that's what I mean, it's a good example.
With regard to pms, there are options so that random people do not bother you.
Even so with the current system it is possible to know if 2 or more char are from the same account (by means of ignores).
With regard to privacy in other companies, they do everything possible for a person to have all their accounts related in one, and ensure that one type does not have multiple accounts, manipulating the system, and other people.
I think it addresses all your doubts.
In short, if you are against people knowing what your accounts are, in most cases it is because you are hiding something.