Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    624 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MysticalEagle View Post
    Ah! Awesome guide!

2 things, if I may ask is your Build/Skill you use (with upgrades) and what gear you use? I'm your new mage fan.
    Thx

The high Dmg build consists out of the following:

* Mythic mage helm (lv26 sealord of security helm would do, but your skill Dmg would decrease with 15 points, or 327 max Dmg for firebolt)
    * lv26 sealord wrappings of security
    * Ring: Lv25 sea captain's ring of warfare. It strangely adds 3 more to your Dmg stat as compared to the lv26 one. Talking about weird mechanics lol.
    * pendant: Lv25 Infused brooch of assault. The lv26 one adds +0.4 Dmg, but I haven't found one yet. I do know they exist though, since a friend of mine showed it to me.

All points went into INT for maximum damage.

My skills are (for now, cause I change all the time lol):

* Fire 5/5: I included the hit debuff because it seems to help me stay alive. Fairly high Dmg spell, AOE (damaging multiple enemies) with fairly low cooldown (4s). 14m range, so can be fired far away from danger.
    * Lightning with 1st and 3rd skill unlocked (15% more Dmg and 250% Dmg on crit). Really low cooldown (3sec)/high Dmg skill. 12meter range, so ideal to just stay outside those nasty red circles that some bosses cast, while still being able to land your skill

Now, the next 2 skills are debatable and are more personal preference. I love time shift for its initial impact Dmg and DOT (Dmg over time), but I simply hate dropping that clock. Sometimes the drop locations seem to life their own live and a skill with fairly high cooldown (10sec) goes wasted. You also need to get almost on top of a boss to drop it in the right location and so risking your squishy mages' life.

I went with following 2 skills:

* Gale force with 1, 2 and 3. AOE Dmg, and I love to run fast lol. But seriously, that speed boost can save your life sometimes. It's also nice that the boost doesn't end before your skill cooldown, so you could almost continuously charge it up and keep running quick. I also included the 25% dodge self-buff that lasts for 3seconds. It's just long enough to get in your 9m range and out of it again with a fair chance to dodge any attacks and so stay alive. Skill cool down is medium (5.5s), but not as bad as time shift (10sec).
    * frost bolt: with 1 and 2. 20% chance of an AOE attack (20%) and DOT + very low cooldown (3sec) and high range (14m) skill. DOT only works when charged though, as far as I could tell.

As passives:

Knowledge: 5/5
    Might: 5/5 I'll probably put that into Dmg in the future, but until STS fixes the stats issue for Dmg increase (not being visible in stats page) I'll stay with might. Problem with my build is that it attracts agro like mad. And you need some health points 'when' (not 'if') a boss or mob comes for your tiny blue behind.

Pet: I went with Clyde (monkey), adds 10STR, 30 INT and 7% crit. The arcane ability isn't bad either, it's a chance to stun (I'd say 50/50 chance) and even works on bosses. It's only drawback is its fairly long cooldown time of around 18 seconds (if I remember correctly)

Colton might be better for the high crit buff for 2 or 3 seconds. Colton also has a fairly low cooldown of 7-8'ish seconds if I remember correct. And its arcane ability adds a lot of crit but lasts only very briefly.

Overall, I like Clyde better. For looks (lol), its stun and the permanent 7%crit increase. 10STR also adds another 100HP's to your health bar.

So, that's my build and gear. It does huge Dmg and gives fair protection but it sucks mana like crazy. If you can live with the mana usage, I'd definitely give it a shot

And for all doubters of my rockstar status:
    Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    U rok, thanks!

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to JaytB For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    315 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JaytB View Post
    Thx

* Mythic mage helm (lv26 sealord of security helm would do, but your skill Dmg would decrease with 15 points, or 327 max Dmg for firebolt)
    * Ring: Lv25 sea captain's ring of warfare. It strangely adds 3 more to your Dmg stat as compared to the lv26 one. Talking about weird mechanics lol.
    * pendant: Lv25 Infused brooch of assault. The lv26 one adds +0.4 Dmg, but I haven't found one yet. I do know they exist though, since a friend of mine showed it to me.

* Fire 5/5: I included the hit debuff because it seems to help me stay alive. Fairly high Dmg spell, AOE (damaging multiple enemies) with fairly low cooldown (4s). 14m range, so can be fired far away from danger.
    * Lightning with 1st and 3rd skill unlocked (15% more Dmg and 250% Dmg on crit). Really low cooldown (3sec)/high Dmg skill. 12meter range, so ideal to just stay outside those nasty red circles that some bosses cast, while still being able to land your skill

Now, the next 2 skills are debatable and are more personal preference. I love time shift for its initial impact Dmg and DOT (Dmg over time), but I simply hate dropping that clock. Sometimes the drop locations seem to life their own live and a skill with fairly high cooldown (10sec) goes wasted. You also need to get almost on top of a boss to drop it in the right location and so risking your squishy mages' life.

* Gale force with 1, 2 and 3. AOE Dmg, and I love to run fast lol. But seriously, that speed boost can save your life sometimes. It's also nice that the boost doesn't end before your skill cooldown, so you could almost continuously charge it up and keep running quick. I also included the 25% dodge self-buff that lasts for 3seconds. It's just long enough to get in your 9m range and out of it again with a fair chance to dodge any attacks and so stay alive. Skill cool down is medium (5.5s), but not as bad as time shift (10sec).
    * frost bolt: with 1 and 2. 20% chance of an AOE attack (20%) and DOT + very low cooldown (3sec) and high range (14m) skill. DOT only works when charged though, as far as I could tell.

As passives:

Might: 5/5 I'll probably put that into Dmg in the future, but until STS fixes the stats issue for Dmg increase (not being visible in stats page) I'll stay with might. Problem with my build is that it attracts agro like mad. And you need some health points 'when' (not 'if') a boss or mob comes for your tiny blue behind.

Pet: I went with Clyde (monkey), adds 10STR, 30 INT and 7% crit. The arcane ability isn't bad either, it's a chance to stun (I'd say 50/50 chance) and even works on bosses. It's only drawback is its fairly long cooldown time of around 18 seconds (if I remember correctly)

Colton might be better for the high crit buff for 2 or 3 seconds. Colton also has a fairly low cooldown of 7-8'ish seconds if I remember correct. And its arcane ability adds a lot of crit but lasts only very briefly.

Overall, I like Clyde better. For looks (lol), its stun and the permanent 7%crit increase. 10STR also adds another 100HP's to your health bar.

So, that's my build and gear. It does huge Dmg and gives fair protection but it sucks mana like crazy. If you can live with the mana usage, I'd definitely give it a shot
    Dude! Mate! Man! Just wow.
    Thanks for that! Let my thanks come back, I'll thank these 10x!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thx

As passives:

i use sealord set lvl 26 too (even my mage is lvl 28 now hehehehe)

anyway, nice post

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thx

As passives:

I don't understand skills. Can someone explain me this?

1. Fire 5/5
    2. Lighting 1 and 3
    3.?
    4.?

So you use time shift and one of: frost or gale force?

Can you explain how do you use this skills on mobs or in pvp?
    Last edited by atomic339; 12-10-2013 at 02:32 PM.