Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Mages = Mana Vendors?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    593 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JesuisCharlie View Post
    I always gived the mana evertytimes i played. Arcane legends is a mmorpg that include to play with others and take care of his allies. Mage are support that include the gift of mana, warrior tank and protect your blue *** when rogues hit and allow you to fight faster so you can stay alive.
    If i wanna play alone i would have been better to play with my playmobiles.

Alone we go faster. Together we go deeper
    I also see this as a team effort in maps.i drop heal packs close to the warrior as he battle the boss and always appreciate mana from the mage.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    71 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Azerothraven View Post
    A mage who can't heal the team and give mana is useless. I am level 61 rogue, 57 mage and 56 war. I always enjoy when a mage can heal me as rogue or give mana when i am war. This actually helps a lot. Sure mage can crowd control but it's worth making sure u have a team who can perform at their peak. Those mages who don't have heal is selfish. I understand you have ur style of gameplay but don't play with pt/ random if u arent going to contribute to the team to the extent we expect from all classes.

We all have our roles in pt and if u arent willing, dont play with others. I use mana and heal all time but i appretiate it when a mage heal and give mana.

next time just take one for the team.
    how could u telling me im useless

no heal skill i only spam pots

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JesuisCharlie View Post
    You said interesting things: "factors [...] the pulls, the kill order, the best spot"
    On the kill order, i find the skill not bad because when the kill order is important, rogues enter on the place and have to ( all the time they dont to much busy to take care of her hair ) focus (frequently) mages/archers. Its good because you can help her to survive at few hard aggro. Don't forget the "fast" heal that dont take aggro. On AL fight of pack of mobs are fast on most maps so you can give mana at the whole team for just one point giving some vibes to the party! Or in combat, when they are longer on some maps, when the mana is over, the health is lowering for the players you cast a charged like a second wind! I find, Actually, only rogues have to play with pots on their gameplay, easy or not :3

- "Or archer that dont stack", it can be confuse because of my english but archers ia naturally avoid the stack and run away from you.
    - boss are imune to the clock and move frequently
    - i play curse for fun, i don't recommand it
    Whats your ign?

Sent from my LT26ii using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,462 Posts

Some people can't tell the difference in their opinion and some sort of empirical video game law that doesn't exist.

If you think I'm selfish not having a heal I think it's selfish to have an expectation of me other than I kill, crowd controll and stay alive.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts

It's a great thing we all can play as we like and party who we want. I don't think this thread is educating anyone any more at this point.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ardbeg View Post
    It's a great thing we all can play as we like and party who we want. I don't think this thread is educating anyone any more at this point.
    When did it start... Everyone is fighting each other on a topic that isn't too big of a deal.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    769 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by blazerdd View Post
    When did it start... Everyone is fighting each other on a topic that isn't too big of a deal.
    It's quite simple.
    Mages want to stay alive and not have to waste a skill slot for a heal skill (which is really a Potions icon with a cooldown)
    Nab warriors and rogues want free mana and look at smurfs as a free hp/mana dispenser.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Schnitzel For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

I play a pve rogue.

In hard content/elites if I rely on anyone but myself for heals (pots) I'm dead.

I always prefer a good cc mage then a healer for hard pve.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Zaocajede For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Azerothraven View Post
    A mage who can't heal the team and give mana is useless. I am level 61 rogue, 57 mage and 56 war. I always enjoy when a mage can heal me as rogue or give mana when i am war. This actually helps a lot. Sure mage can crowd control but it's worth making sure u have a team who can perform at their peak. Those mages who don't have heal is selfish. I understand you have ur style of gameplay but don't play with pt/ random if u arent going to contribute to the team to the extent we expect from all classes.

We all have our roles in pt and if u arent willing, dont play with others. I use mana and heal all time but i appretiate it when a mage heal and give mana.

next time just take one for the team.
    Experience from playing which character was a huge factor too, my first time playing was using mage and i know when my party need mana or no, i only give em mana if in a fast run maps like kt4, and i didnt use heal and i will use full stun skill in maps that took more than 2minutes solo. Playstyle is your choices

Sent from my Lenovo P70-A using Tapatalk

@ the intersection of Tea. Earl Grey. Hot and Damn Fine Cup of Coffee.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    369 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fsuryo View Post
    Whats your ign?

I wanna know too, so I can add him to my "iggy" list

Join the AL Community Discord!https://discord.gg/VrMWZ8t
    Retired Coffeegirl, Veep Of Arlor, 2016

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Coffeegirl View Post
    I wanna know too, so I can add him to my "iggy" list
    Omg, you can read my mind.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ruizhe View Post
    It's quite simple.
    Mages want to stay alive and not have to waste a skill slot for a heal skill (which is really a Potions icon with a cooldown)
    Nab warriors and rogues want free mana and look at smurfs as a free hp/mana dispenser.
    100% true

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    589 Posts

I sometimes think Lifegiver in PvE is devised by the devil to make mortals fall.

Picture the new map, an undead mage surrounded by other mobs. The warrior charges his Horn of Renew to give the sniping rogues some cover. The rogues move in, the mage scoots into the melee, and instead of freezing the lot, or dropping a clock to snare them, the mage heals, a bloated bleached bunch of snapdragons sprouts waving, the warrior moves in to the rescue but his horn is on cool down, mobs turn tothe flower-clutching mage, mage dies, rogues and warrior surrounded by mobs and had difficulty reaching the undead mage. Wipe out. The warrior and rogues curse, off game or in game. The devil rubs hands delighted at another promise of eternal damnation befalling some mortals thanks to the devious creation called Lifegiver in PvE.

But speculative melodrama aside, here's the thing. I play all classes. As a rogue I appreciate it if the mages can help keep enemies off my back by constant stun, freeze and root cycle, while speeding up the kill by delivering damage. As warrior I like mages who can control mobs like a boss and leave the heal--the strongest taunt--to me. It's annoying to have the mobs I've taunted turned their attention to the mage thanks to some green confetti shower.

I don't think mages who don't heal are selfish. Selfish is letting other classes get stomped by Tindirin shaman when a simple bolt of ice can prevent it but has been left out of the rotation to make room for Lifegiver (or worse, heal and shield).

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ilhanna For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts

Green confetti shower!

Arcane Legends - hiatus-mode-ON
    |
    Pandaxxo Lvl. 76 Mage | Koalaxxo HC Rogue | Redpandaxxo / Kittyaxxo Lvl.10 Rogue |

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

Attention all mages! There is a new op build out...heal shield curse and wind, pt me for slow runs :,)

19. The Following User Says Thank You to creeepycreeepy For This Useful Post:

@ the intersection of Tea. Earl Grey. Hot and Damn Fine Cup of Coffee.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    369 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ilhanna View Post
    I sometimes think Lifegiver in PvE is devised by the devil to make mortals fall.

Picture the new map, an undead mage surrounded by other mobs. The warrior charges his Horn of Renew to give the sniping rogues some cover. The rogues move in, the mage scoots into the melee, and instead of freezing the lot, or dropping a clock to snare them, the mage heals, a bloated bleached bunch of snapdragons sprouts waving, the warrior moves in to the rescue but his horn is on cool down, mobs turn tothe flower-clutching mage, mage dies, rogues and warrior surrounded by mobs and had difficulty reaching the undead mage. Wipe out. The warrior and rogues curse, off game or in game. The devil rubs hands delighted at another promise of eternal damnation befalling some mortals thanks to the devious creation called Lifegiver in PvE.

But speculative melodrama aside, here's the thing. I play all classes. As a rogue I appreciate it if the mages can help keep enemies off my back by constant stun, freeze and root cycle, while speeding up the kill by delivering damage. As warrior I like mages who can control mobs like a boss and leave the heal--the strongest taunt--to me. It's annoying to have the mobs I've taunted turned their attention to the mage thanks to some green confetti shower.

I don't think mages who don't heal are selfish. Selfish is letting other classes get stomped by Tindirin shaman when a simple bolt of ice can prevent it but has been left out of the rotation to make room for Lifegiver (or worse, heal and shield).
    Entertaining visualization & complete truth!! Bravo!!!

Join the AL Community Discord!https://discord.gg/VrMWZ8t
    Retired Coffeegirl, Veep Of Arlor, 2016

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by creeepycreeepy View Post
    Attention all mages! There is a new op build out...heal shield curse and wind, pt me for slow runs :,)
    LOL
    /11 Char

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

I use mana spell,

on normal map

tindirin and bellow it.
    R E T I R E D

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

Just dont always count on mages with heal skill, secure urself, like me
    Edit: look at potions

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Sorayai For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Outloud View Post
    Are people actually this serious?

Mages has health and mana regeneration skill which assist greatly for our teammates. Rogue teammates receives the most benefits of Full health and mana from Mage's Lifegiver skill so the Mage is mostly a supplier of Free Health and Mana refilling for teammates in PvE maps.

Warriors are protectors as they have very high armours thats makes them tankers to take some big damage hits from hard bosses or mobs to protect himself and his teammates. His teammates will benefit the most protection from Warrior as he is strong as a Hulk. That is why Warriors are great Tankers.

Rogues benefits all teammates by eliminating a few mobs quickly with her high-dps one shot or critical shots to help easing the number of mobs to kill.