Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Rogue Problem

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    85 Posts

Default The Rogue Problem

Hey, I wanted to bring something up, since we are getting closer to level 81 cap.
    Since AL was started, one class was always considered weak.
    I think that each class should be balanced.
    for example, in the valley expansion, mages damage combined with all their procs are dealing way more damage than rog's damage (in a single target damage)

Warriors are just dominating in mobs, as a guy who play all classes, I think we can all agree that rogues were left behind in the past year or two.

Why?
    I believe there are 2 main reasons:

1) Skratch gun is insane, compare to rogue duggar bow which does realy low damage.
    both rogues/mage are DPS characters, they shouldnt have the same procs I agree but they have very similar procs but with huge damage difference (gun/bow)

2) Rogues got kinda weak ultimates, compare to warrior ultimate or mage ultimate, which I like to call a "game changing" ultimate. did you see the amount of time it takes to clear a hard wave of EVG with mage/war ultimate compare to without? (well, this big bow ult is ok, not OP as 6x STR/65% haste for all the team)

I think that STS should do anything they can to make balance between the 3 classes.

The most played map during the last 2 years, is as you probably guessed before is EVG.
    So when 1 class out of the 3 is having a real hardtime to find a party for this map, you can tell that something is wrong.
    its either the 2 other classes are OP compare to it, or the class is just not good.

An other thing I wanted to mention:
    I have been playing tons mage in the past 4 months, and if you didn't know, mage with all procs combined can do millions of damage. How? I had 110bd, I proc skratch staff + ebon armor then I change to skratch gun. Each skratch gun proc inflict like 10-15 ticks of damage and with all procs combined, it does 160-220k per TICK. Procs stops in the middle but the total damage is always millions.

we have 2 DPS characters in this game- Rogues and Mages.
    I think that each of them should be equaly good with the upcoming expansion.

So in conclusion,
    I wanted to bring this up and maby a developer will see it.
    I believe that EVG and the new upcoming maps will be played alot, and I don't wanna see any class left behind, not being able to find a party

Don't get me wrong, I am not saying that rogue is a bad class, I am only bringing this topic in the first place because rogue is under performing in the most played map in the game, which is very important for all the farmers gold income.

NOTE-
    After seeing many of the opposing comments here I wanna ask if anyone got a better arguement than just saying "rogue used to dominate everywhere now they deserve to be left behind" cause this is just childish.

P.S Sorry if my english was not good enough, I tried my best
    Last edited by Synergia; 08-31-2021 at 07:54 AM.

2. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to Synergia For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Idk about rog being weak bro, my rogs always deal consistent and good damage.Yes, they can’t kill spider with one bow shot, like mages do, but double proc for mages is pretty rare, and duggar daggers proc all the time...Also I didn’t really see that rogs are having hard time finding a pt, maybe it’s about your power level, not a class?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    136 Posts

Rogue is pvp & speedrun & event
    Mage is pve
    Warrior is good all around (which is a little broken imo)

You probably say rogue is weak because u dont run speedrun or pvp
    Theres no way to satisfy everyone, but i do agree with buffing dugg bow atleast
    Last edited by Irg; 08-28-2021 at 07:11 PM.

ign Battling /irg /answer
    Custom banner 4m pm me ⌥[▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▍ ]⚠

Answer

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Irg For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

You say rogues are weak but when i see lb mages always take the 3rd place in every event also evg keep in mind rogues have insane crit and dodge which isnt comparable

Sent from my JKM-LX1 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Mehdikillerd; 08-28-2021 at 07:12 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,063 Posts

Bows can use a buff, at the moment I would say ebon bow is better than dug bow. Dug bow's proc doesn't even last long enough for you to combo it with dug dags so it makes it completely useless.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Encryptions For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I play both mage and rogue.
    I think they are already good. Rogue have consistent dmg. While mage have more dmg but hard to proc without haste(their ult).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts

i m sure..nothing will chnge...n same here..play all classess n all that i have tried all type of arc 76 weap n gear...

mage still a balance class...they best to clean mob..n fairly fast as rog kill the boss

war the oppest as when sts dsign/buff the proc of the war in during introduction of lvl 76,they have litterally all class specific role in one class..they best to kill mob,fairly kill boss n best to survive lvl 76 map as the map being scale to hardest type

rog purposely to best in killing boss but slow/fairly clean multiple target(mob) and low but since lvlp 76 map,they buff the mob to scale the war proc..this make the mob kinda boss lvl...so that why rog struggle as it kinda need to kill multiple mob that been like multiple boss

ofcourse this opinion doesnt apply to 1% oppest rog/mage as they can catch up to op.war..but still cant beat 1% opppest war

#Just my 2cent opinion and whatever it is..i m kinda lucky to have fairly decent gear..so not affected much compare to new n average player.Ty

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    273 Posts

Maybe increase that 1 shot ultimate, by adding 3 taps instead of one? But sure buff the bow that will be nerfed in next expansion with all other level 76 arcanes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to THE GOLDEN KING For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

i think that mages are better against bosses just cuz of skratch gun lowering armor while also doing big time damage plus their support ultimate energize.
    rogues dont fire bows faster with energize too so thats -1 point to rogues

but as level cap raises rogues also get more stronger in a way, putting points in dex increases dodge and crit chance by a % warriors and mages dont have that so thats +1 point to rogues

rogues ultimates are bad exept for big arrow because it does the role of rogue of being single target big damage
    whats rogue support ultimate? speed and 0 mana cost which is bad at end game all people use speed set and auto potions. maybe it should be higher crit chance or dodge to all idk -1 point to rogue

but anyways warriors are better than rogue and mage in all ways lol they heal better than mage , they kill enemies and bosses faster without risk of dying and skills are better too, they have reduce armor axe throws, reduce incoming damage skill, increase armor and speed skill and then ultimates xd
    *Sigh*
    -Skeletonmike

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Skeleton Mike For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

+1

Enviado de meu SM-G770F usando o Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mehdikillerd View Post
    You say rogues are weak but when i see lb mages always take the 3rd place in every event also evg keep in mind rogues have insane crit and dodge which isnt comparable

rogue is the most played class, so it's always #1 in events

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

+1

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 Pro using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    85 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by THE GOLDEN KING View Post
    Maybe increase that 1 shot ultimate, by adding 3 taps instead of one? But sure buff the bow that will be nerfed in next expansion with all other level 76 arcanes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I realy liked this idea..
    Let's say 3 taps for the rogue ultimate with a little bit less damage per shot, I think that will work well. Also you can split your damage on different targets instead of 1 shotting a boss in some cases and make ur team rage cause of gold rip lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    128 Posts

I can tell how long these people played. I spent YEARS seeing all dps parties. Years with wars not being in parties because they are slow and can't do damage quickly. I have absolutely zero sympathy for any one crying now. Even at 71 we reflected damage and that takes time. I honestly don't care if your struggling now, welcome to the game I played for 5 years.

All sts has to do is change the way procs stack and wars are back to being close to useless in pve. Honestly the only time wars are in speed runs now is when they are being carried. We have to stop and wait to target and hit something. By then the rest of the party is long gone. I'm hoping it's another couple years where wars are useful.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to capeo For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Beautifully said.

+1 Synergia
    Last edited by Read; 08-29-2021 at 06:24 AM.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Read For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Synergia View Post
    1) Skratch gun is insane, compare to rogue duggar bow which does realy low damage.
    both rogues/mage are DPS characters, they shouldnt have the same procs I agree but they have very similar procs but with huge damage difference (gun/bow)

2) Rogues got kinda weak ultimates, compare to warrior ultimate or mage ultimate, which I like to call a "game changing" ultimate. did you see the amount of time it takes to clear a hard wave of EVG with mage/war ultimate compare to without? (well, this big bow ult is ok, not OP as 6x STR/65% haste for all the team)
    1) If compare duggar bow to skratch gun, you forgot to mention:
    - bows almost doesnt get affected by %haste (with energize: attack speed of bow increased maybe for 20%, while gun attack speed increased in 2 times)
    - bow has only 1 target, skratch gun has 2 or 3 targets (normal/charged attacks)
    - skratch gun has debuffs in addition to DoT, bow only DoT
    - as pvp weapon duggar bow... nobody use it lol, no need explain why... no armor in stats, lower dmg, nothing in this proc...

Duggar bow is useless weapon among with ebon/dread bows

2) rogue aimedshot ultimate would be ok if we had way to get gold from bosses (if we had time to switch to gold loot set)... i think would be great if there chest after every boss (evg/dm and other maps) instead golds from boss

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sanya View Post
    1) If compare duggar bow to skratch gun, you forgot to mention:
    - bows almost doesnt get affected by %haste (with energize: attack speed of bow increased maybe for 20%, while gun attack speed increased in 2 times)
    - bow has only 1 target, skratch gun has 2 or 3 targets (normal/charged attacks)
    - skratch gun has debuffs in addition to DoT, bow only DoT
    - as pvp weapon duggar bow... nobody use it lol, no need explain why... no armor in stats, lower dmg, nothing in this proc...

Duggar bow is useless weapon among with ebon/dread bows

2) rogue aimedshot ultimate would be ok if we had way to get gold from bosses (if we had time to switch to gold loot set)... i think would be great if there chest after every boss (evg/dm and other maps) instead golds from boss
    All of this seems unfair but the devs arent dumb they made these decisions for a reason they already know more then us which means for them the rogue class is balanced, for us its not but you cant satisfy everyone you know

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    85 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by capeo View Post
    I can tell how long these people played. I spent YEARS seeing all dps parties. Years with wars not being in parties because they are slow and can't do damage quickly. I have absolutely zero sympathy for any one crying now. Even at 71 we reflected damage and that takes time. I honestly don't care if your struggling now, welcome to the game I played for 5 years.

All sts has to do is change the way procs stack and wars are back to being close to useless in pve. Honestly the only time wars are in speed runs now is when they are being carried. We have to stop and wait to target and hit something. By then the rest of the party is long gone. I'm hoping it's another couple years where wars are useful.
    No body is crying, I am saying that as of today 1 class is having hardtime to find a party, and in previous years I did complain that mage/wars needs to get a buff. I am playing all of the 3 classes, its not me crying that my main class is bad, its me, trying to make sure that from now on we will have as much as equaly balanced characters, where each of the different 3 classes can fill his role in any possible map under no circumstances.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    136 Posts

People always greedly ask for more for the class they play the most.
    Mage and warrior only picked up the pase after m6 released,
    those people say rogue is weak in any sense is absurd
    Rogues dominates event lb, speedrun lb, pvp eversince they were introduced
    You cant expect a class dominates everything in existence, just like how they
    were before, 90% of all players go rogue, is that what you want?

Rogues holds a solid place in this game and forever will, they are fine as it is
    Last edited by Irg; 08-29-2021 at 01:29 PM.

ign Battling /irg /answer
    Custom banner 4m pm me ⌥[▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▍ ]⚠

Answer

27. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Irg For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Irg View Post
    People always want for more for the class they play the most.
    Mage and warrior only picked up the pase after m6 released,
    those people say rogue is weak in any sense is absurd
    Rogues dominates event lb, speedrun lb, pvp eversince they were introduced
    You cant expect a class dominates everything in existence, just like how they
    were before, 90% of all players go rogue, is that what you want?

Rogues holds a solid place in this game and forever will, they are fine as it is
    True we dont want "rogue legends" again

29. The Following User Says Thank You to Mehdikillerd For This Useful Post: