Page 22 of 30 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Changes to Equipment Procs: Shared Equipment Cooldowns

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    200 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fearrr View Post
    I don't know if we our to far into this game but I would suggest looking into a Talent Tree Rework for classes like other MMORPG's have Incorporated in past. This allowed for the Main Class Role and the option for a Secondary Class Role. Since I only play War an example. One part of the Talent Tree was Tank Class which included High HP, High Armor, Defensive Skills, Taunt Skills, But Low Dps. The other Talent Tree Path would be Berserker Class. Still decent amount of HP, DPS Burst Skills, DPS Buff Skills, Low Armor, No Taunt, and no Defensive Skills. I would love to see something like this that gives Classes options to choose between Primary and Secondary Class Role/Builds.
    This is a wonderful idea, but unfortunately like you said it's a bit to late to implement something like this

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    133 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by THE GOLDEN KING View Post
    I’m sure you think with this new system of yours, you think all classes will PT eachother but no, warriors and mages will get left behind again, and now rogues will make a PT of 4 to where every other class is useless.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sure get a pt of 4 rogues in evg and try do wave 100+. If they can do it evg then we talk about 81 maps (:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    394 Posts

Looks like I'm way too late for this thread, but a big big +1 on this.

This is coming from someone who has played AL from May 2014, and always played Warrior class.

As long as we get weapons like Skull Dozer Axe or Terror Blade, we're perfectly fine without any proc stacks.

Spamming hotbars IS NOT a strategy, a skill, or anything that most people say it is. It's just button mashing.

"BUT ARCANEFID PLS WE DEVELOP OUR UNIQUE PLAYING STYLE WITH PROC STACKS!!!!"

Everyone stacks the same procs, in the same order, against the same enemies. There's nothing unique in playstyla, everyone just simply spams the things and the only difference is proc RNG.
    Retired

4. The Following User Says Thank You to arcanefid For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Nobody needs a tanky warrior if they can tank just the same and still deal more dmg

Sent from my M2007J20CG using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    178 Posts

I don't know if we our to far into this game but I would suggest looking into a Talent Tree Rework for classes like other MMORPG's have Incorporated in past. This allowed for the Main Class Role and the option for a Secondary Class Role. Since I only play War an example. One part of the Talent Tree was Tank Class which included High HP, High Armor, Defensive Skills, Taunt Skills, But Low Dps. The other Talent Tree Path would be Berserker Class. Still decent amount of HP, DPS Burst Skills, DPS Buff Skills, Low Armor, No Taunt, and no Defensive Skills. I would love to see something like this that gives Classes options to choose between Primary and Secondary Class Role/Builds.
    Alot of people say Wars are not supposed to do damage which is crazy. Go look at some of the Big MMORPG Titles that gross Millions of dollars a year. Tank Class and DPS War Class Coexist with mininum issues. It just needs to be done correctly. This is really the only game I have ever played MMORPG wise where people have this mindset where it's criminal for Wars to have a Dps Option which blows my mind.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts

I think sts need to set a job for each class just like rogue dagger skill only/rogue bow skill only, warior aegis skill only/warior axe/sword skill only and mage staff skill only and gum skill only so they can choose the role they want to play like warior is to tank only or warior is to damage only but easy to die.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    178 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Neutrone View Post
    This is a wonderful idea, but unfortunately like you said it's a bit to late to implement something like this
    Ya I kind of feel that way to. It would be a big rework that would take a lot of time.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cinco View Post
    Sorcerers are in the most desperate need of a rework. When we started developing the expansion the Designers only played as mages and had a really unhappy and difficult time. We got together and decided that Sorcerer really, really needs to be reworked to feel fun, powerful and distinct. Wasn't long after this that we realized that all three classes need to be broken apart and reassembled to support a longer view of Arcane Legends (a Level 100+ view). First phase of this rework is currently planned to hit with next season. Significant disruption to classes should start happening in the first part of next year.
    I can not thanks enough for this fix to change the proc working mechanism.
    As a long time al player started in level 16 cap; I saw how this proc stacking made huge damages to the game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    133 Posts

Good suggestion bro!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    134 Posts

By far the worst decision you guys made for almost 9 years so far, killing a whole class, guess I'll just switch to rogue again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    200 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Analytical View Post
    Sure get a pt of 4 rogues in evg and try do wave 100+. If they can do it evg then we talk about 81 maps (:
    LMAO ikr, rogues are usually the first to die in evg. Tanks will still be needed. Istg the amount of reaching in this thread is crazy

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Neutrone For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    133 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Vrazicak View Post
    By far the worst decision you guys made for almost 9 years so far, killing a whole class, guess I'll just switch to rogue again.
    At least read a few of the recent comments before you regurgitate useless repetitive opinions again. Cinco literally addressed and responded to our concerns.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    134 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Analytical View Post
    At least read a few of the recent comments before you regurgitate useless repetitive opinions again. Cinco literally addressed and responded to our concerns.
    Rogue I guess?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    129 Posts

I'm a war, I can see why they did this. I know how much it hurts now but if a major rebalancing is coming then we adjust and move on. I don't get why people would resent wars for having a good run seems petty but oh well.

They would need to design content for all the weapons stacking they ever put out. How would that effect new players or players with out every weapon that procs? If they made maps so hard we need to proc 50 times to clear it normal players wouldn't even be able to fight the mobs. I enjoyed being able to deal damage but that's not why I'm a war. There is a skill to keeping a party alive or a team alive in pvp and I enjoy that too. I went through the same angst when they removed stacking procs in pvp but we adjusted and moved on, most wars are handle pvp just fine now. Plenty of smart people play this game and will figure out the next thing we need to do to be effective as wars in no time. It will just be something new. It sounds like sts doesn't want it to go back to rogue legends either so I'm looking forward to all these changes. Actually sounds exciting.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to capeo For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Better just adjust it to stack proc for 2 different weapons.
    Axe + Axe = Don't stack
    Axe + Shield = Stacks
    With this the nerf will hopefully balanced the issues stated above.

Sent from my ASUS_X00TDB using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by capeo View Post
    I'm a war, I can see why they did this. I know how much it hurts now but if a major rebalancing is coming then we adjust and move on. I don't get why people would resent wars for having a good run seems petty but oh well.

They would need to design content for all the weapons stacking they ever put out. How would that effect new players or players with out every weapon that procs? If they made maps so hard we need to proc 50 times to clear it normal players wouldn't even be able to fight the mobs. I enjoyed being able to deal damage but that's not why I'm a war. There is a skill to keeping a party alive or a team alive in pvp and I enjoy that too. I went through the same angst when they removed stacking procs in pvp but we adjusted and moved on, most wars are handle pvp just fine now. Plenty of smart people play this game and will figure out the next thing we need to do to be effective as wars in no time. It will just be something new. It sounds like sts doesn't want it to go back to rogue legends either so I'm looking forward to all these changes. Actually sounds exciting.
    The another war that have good/positive mind, why the other cannot act like that.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by THE GOLDEN KING View Post
    Does this mean rogues will get a nerf?

maybe war and mage gets buffed..

mage armor buff, normal damage buff..
    war damage buff..

game balance.

Sent from my ASUS_X00PD using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    133 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Vrazicak View Post
    Rogue I guess?
    Don't be the 6th person to presume me not suffering from the impacts of this decision.

Sent from an open-minded 76 war, 76 mage (:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by capeo View Post
    No, but this system would be better in pvp then the one we have now.
    true this new system only good for pvp not pve.
    if they apply in pve. make char class buffed..

Sent from my ASUS_X00PD using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    129 Posts

Well I'm not happy about it but understand it. Wasted a lot of gold but everyone knows that will happen in game. New things come out and the old loses value.

I also don't get the resentment towards wars having a good run and why people would be jealous of it. Unless you count evg no one needs a tank to actually tank anymore. So in this rebalance I'm guessing rogues will revert back to glass cannons and won't be happy about that either. Lol maybe we are gonna see the rise of mage legends.

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to capeo For This Useful Post: