Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: LB players events and multiples accounts unfair

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Encryptions View Post
    Its not that easy. Just because someone has the gear doesn't mean they are going to get lb. Mobs hit for 30k+ dmg on waves 103+. I don't understand the logic of wanting everything to be the same for everyone, people think that new players are supposed to start the game and instantly after 1 week have everything.
    Again, we do not say new players have to get temple top10 in the first week they started. im sure everyone knows, the more time u spend in game, the more u develop your character.
    Why do u assume new players its about new players. we are talking about players who have gear even 3k+.

The #1 player is great at the game, and he got his place already, if he wants to go for more points to show he is much much better than the rest, then go ahead, get the highest point, second highest point, 3rd and so on... but that should be considered as a single person's rank and not multiple ranks on the lb.
    They can be #2, #3, #4 but just receive 1 reward from the 10 given out for top10 solo. if the next person is at #5 then he should be the one to receive the 2nd top10 reward.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

encryptions, wat do u think will stop the players from going for alts?

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Apocalyptis View Post
    Those rankings are cumulative, not highest score/run
    both represent being best player by skill, but alright, u can take an example in being the best speedrunner/highest scorer, from old arcade machines to modern speedrun lbs (any single player game, minecraft...) they have been designed so a single person can take multiple top spots

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LichKing1 View Post
    both represent being best player by skill, but alright, u can take an example in being the best speedrunner/highest scorer, from old arcade machines to modern speedrun lbs (any single player game, minecraft...) they have been designed so a single person can take multiple top spots

asking curiously. not argument.
    and they get multiple rewards? for each score?

5. The Following User Says Thank You to TurnBackTime For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TurnBackTime View Post
    asking curiously. not argument.
    and they get multiple rewards? for each score?
    as i said, its not about rewards, when rewards were bound it was the same thing, remove rewards completely and its still gonna be the same
    if u want to invest 2 weeks for making profit, its way better to grind rahab as its guaranteed loot and u will even gain more, apox did not make 3b, idk if anybody paid more than 200m for that banner and he has been grinding all day for 2 weeks

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

as i said, its not about rewards, when rewards were bound it was the same thing, remove rewards completely and its still gonna be the same
    if u want to invest 2 weeks for making profit, its way better to grind rahab as its guaranteed loot and u will even gain more, apox did not make 3b, idk if anybody paid more than 200m for that banner and he has been grinding all day for 2 weeks

It is about the rewards tho... we are talking about rewards here. i wouldnt consider dota MMR as the ranks in al lb. i would consider the dota tournaments as the lb events in arcane legends.
    im sure even u wont agree a dota team can get 2 rewards for their performance even if they are #1.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts

It is about the rewards tho... we are talking about rewards here. i wouldnt consider dota MMR as the ranks in al lb. i would consider the dota tournaments as the lb events in arcane legends.
    im sure even u wont agree a dota team can get 2 rewards for their performance even if they are #1.
    thats a tournament, not a leaderboard...its elimination based

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

thats a tournament, not a leaderboard...its elimination based

But these are tournaments too. Al events are tournaments... These aint daily accumulate mmr points.

This is an event/ a tournament that lasts for 2 weeks duration. With top50 being the ones who qualified and top10 being the winners.

Only the qualified(ppl with gear/skill) try for top50. And 10 different people get to show they are top10.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts

But these are tournaments too. Al events are tournaments... These aint daily accumulate mmr points.

This is an event/ a tournament that lasts for 2 weeks duration. With top50 being the ones who qualified and top10 being the winners.

Only the qualified(ppl with gear/skill) try for top50. And 10 different people get to show they are top10.
    this is not a tournament, its a race, theres no qualification, no filtering, u can borrow gear if thats what u need
    i can agree on no alts allowed but then the lb should be just top10 with scaling prizes and not 50 since this game doesnt have enough players to be competitive for all 50 slots

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    125 Posts

I did it with 2.8k str and an above average ms set (that I don’t even use except for ss, arti, and bracelet) mobs literally die 1 shot so don’t make the gear excuse as always. If you wanna prevent them from getting multiple rewards, beat their score

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    334 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Apocalyptis View Post
    Btw still waiting for an example of anything, where #1 person could take more spots (with valueable rewards!) this easy as: 1. Lvl up character, 2. Stash gear, 3. Equip gear, 4. Do placement, 5. Repeat
    Seasonal lbs are won by the same groups of people with shared gears and alts, despite of the rewards being bound, and has been happening since 2013. But Devs had always called it fair game every time it becomes a hot topic.

As seen from previous wave-based events, it's not like people would run less if rewards were bound. Temple events/Highest score events were always bound, but almost 90% of the people suddenly wanted lb rewards, in general, to be tradable, and so they did. Ironically, I see several of those people now saying make the rewards bound again. Also, it being tradable provides a healthy market for em as several wealthy people are interested to buy them from winners.

Personally, those people who want rewards bound are more selfish because they are just jealous of the competitive and skilled players to earn their hard-earned gold grinding the leaderboards, and are salty they can't get it themselves, and it restricts others from buying them from the actual winners.

Kudos! to whoever can mimic their score twice, thrice or more. Those players deserve their rankings. And to those who can't achieve it despite their top gears, then that's skill issue for them and they're undeserving of the rewards.

We should advocate for a more competitive leaderboard, and not the other way around.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ilove_Poopoo For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

this is not a tournament, its a race, theres no qualification, no filtering, u can borrow gear if thats what u need
    i can agree on no alts allowed but then the lb should be just top10 with scaling prizes and not 50 since this game doesnt have enough players to be competitive for all 50 slots
    The qualification comes from the time they spend here. u can borrow gear for which u either need friends or need items/gold as compensation. people who are able to borrow gear/buy gear are the qualified ones.

it can be top10 top25 top50 with scaling rewards and no alts ig.
    I agree , There are not enough players that are good at the game. but lets leave that to the players's play style. Let any person try and get watever he deserves instead of alts occupying the spots

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Just make a reverse LB.
    10 people who scores the worst by the end of the week gets the top10 rewards.

Fair game for anyone who wants to try xD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ilove_Poopoo View Post
    Seasonal lbs are won by the same groups of people with shared gears and alts, despite of the rewards being bound, and has been happening since 2013. But Devs had always called it fair game every time it becomes a hot topic.

As seen from previous wave-based events, it's not like people would run less if rewards were bound. Temple events/Highest score events were always bound, but almost 90% of the people suddenly wanted lb rewards, in general, to be tradable, and so they did. Ironically, I see several of those people now saying make the rewards bound again. Also, it being tradable provides a healthy market for em as several wealthy people are interested to buy them from winners.

Personally, those people who want rewards bound are more selfish because they are just jealous of the competitive and skilled players to earn their hard-earned gold grinding the leaderboards, and are salty they can't get it themselves, and it restricts others from buying them from the actual winners.

Kudos! to whoever can mimic their score twice, thrice or more. Those players deserve their rankings. And to those who can't achieve it despite their top gears, then that's skill issue for them and they're undeserving of the rewards.

This is about highest score events.

The players who can do it once can definitely mimic thier score twice or thrice, why kudos them.
    They do deserve thier ranks. so as u said, they can rightfully take the rewards per person/account(one reward in common for all character they placed on the lb). so the person who got the #1,#2,#3 spot with all their alts gets 1 price for his account. next person at #4 gets the 2nd price(2nd top10 reward).

Others with the skill issue, who cant figure out the best strategy, can take the spot they deserve too.

We should advocate for a more competitive leaderboard, and not the other way around.
    We need competitive lb, competition among players. not alts.
    Last edited by TurnBackTime; 05-24-2023 at 07:11 AM. Reason: making it clear

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

The players who can do it once can definitely mimic thier score twice or thrice, why kudos them.
    They do deserve thier ranks. so as u said, they can rightfully take the rewards per person/account(one for all character) that they deserve.

Others with the skill issue, who cant figure out the best strategy, can take the spot they deserve too.

bro ur making no sense, ur taking both sides xD

Sent from my SM-A125F using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    334 Posts

They do deserve thier ranks. so as u said, they can rightfully take the rewards per person/account(one for all character) that they deserve.

Ok, so by rewarding alts of 1 reward, you are making it rarer, hence, more valuable. This will really increase alts, thus, competition, so thank you for the suggestion.

They certainly do, just ain't sure if it would make the cut for lb though.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts

The qualification comes from the time they spend here. u can borrow gear for which u either need friends or need items/gold as compensation. people who are able to borrow gear/buy gear are the qualified ones.

it can be top10 top25 top50 with scaling rewards and no alts ig.
    I agree , There are not enough players that are good at the game. but lets leave that to the players's play style. Let any person try and get watever he deserves instead of alts occupying the spots
    its 90% strategy and performance, 10% gear, im f2p and all gear i own i farmed since winter event till now and still scored top10 in temple, u use cheap items which stack stats per kills and by the time u reach wave 105, it didnt matter if u have 4.5k or 3.5k dex, it was more about which skills u use, how u pull, patience and precision, and its the same for this event, i have 4.5x speed gear which is nothing, mobs r squishy and its mostly about how u place traps, they need to be on pin-point precision which is hard especially since u dont have time to adjust
    ofcourse there r more details put into the runs, all of which is hard to understand without experiencing

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by frankcastle911 View Post
    bro ur making no sense, ur taking both sides xD

Sent from my SM-A125F using Tapatalk
    is it better now?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Ok, so by rewarding alts of 1 reward, you are making it rarer, hence, more valuable. This will really increase alts, thus, competition, so thank you for the suggestion.

They certainly do, just ain't sure if it would make the cut for lb though.

This suggestion is to not have alts... Not increase competition with alts to use more alts.

All the players skill is wat decides the lb. Not one who decides to take everything with his alts.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    334 Posts

This suggestion is to not have alts... Not increase competition with alts to use more alts.

All the players skill is wat decides the lb. Not one who decides to take everything with his alts.
    If ure bad, just say that.

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk