Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Warriors we want to play to!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ueveotadeo View Post
    Some eat donuts, others skip leg day, we fatties have lots of reasons for being slow
    At least you aint got to worry about looking over the table in gh
    Godfather of Arlor
    HSGuild.com | HS Thread | H.O.F | HS Store | HS Discord

2. The Following User Says Thank You to BaronB For This Useful Post:

3.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #42
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,907 Posts

Hey guys. I really appreciate all of the feedback on this. I think there needs to be adjustments to every class at end game, and they all deserve another look at how they work with the other classes so everyone is useful in PvE and PvP.

We'll be taking a deep dive into that this year along with the skill system.
    Last edited by Remiem; 01-26-2015 at 11:26 AM.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Remiem For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    74 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Remiem View Post
    Hey guys. I really appreciate all of the feedback on this. I think there needs to be adjustments to every class at end game, and they all deserve another look and how they work with the other classes so everyone is useful in PvE and PvP.

We'll be taking a deep dive into that this year along with the skill system.
    Nice to know Remiem!

Would be perfect to see some improvements with the new lvl cap though

I had mentioned in a similar thread that skill system plays a huge role on our utility, but also the changes coming to mob placement, leash and density have the same if not more impact on what classes are needed on a run.

6.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #44
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,907 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ueveotadeo View Post
    Nice to know Remiem!

Would be perfect to see some improvements with the new lvl cap though

I had mentioned in a similar thread that skill system plays a huge role on our utility, but also the changes coming to mob placement, leash and density have the same if not more impact on what classes are needed on a run.
    Ah yeah, I've gotcha! Tanks aren't really useful if there's nothing to tank. Am I right? I'll get that in front of the devs too. I think this is something we're looking at specifically as we go through and optimize the maps for bandwidth too.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BaronB View Post
    I sure hope you dont mean agreeing with just switching class...
    If you want to farm pve effectively then switching classes is your best option right now. Even if sts wanted to help warriors and give them new or improved skills it would take months whereas you can lvl up to 41 on a weekend. Just look at how long it took them to "fix" breeze and he's just a pet.
    Last edited by Pirate Captain; 01-26-2015 at 12:11 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    73 Posts

Ah yeah, I've gotcha! Tanks aren't really useful if there's nothing to tank. Am I right? I'll get that in front of the devs too. I think this is something we're looking at specifically as we go through and optimize the maps for bandwidth too.
    Do you think about deep skill tree system? Warr could be tank with hight survivability when spend lots of skill points deep in survival branch of tree and high dmg with low survivability when spend lots of skill points deep in dmg branch of tree

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    98 Posts

Hi Remiem,
    Good evening.
    I understand you guys have a lot on your plate but please look at the warrior skills as well.

When planar tombs was first released and the difficulty was harsh there was a lot to tank but we werent usefull then as a full rogue party suffered similar or a little more casualties but ran the planar tomb maps faster. I belive you were even withess to a group of rogues that finished T1 in under 5 or 6 mins. This clearly shows the dominance of the rogue which i have nothing against and infact favor as i hate long runs but the side effect is that it has become so obvious that at endgame with skilled rogues (note they were not even full geared) there is really no need for a warrior in the party.

Why i request for such an inquery into the warrior class is not related to attaining an optimal class but is subject to the currnet social gaming dilema of warrior class players that dont want to change class and this segment of the population is starting to feel inadequate and unnecessary in a game that they love.

The earlier post in this thread that cited an issue such as this existed previosuly and was not addressed after 20levels be a reminder that some people have seen apathy from STS into this concern and have given up hope thus i sincerely request and hope that they be give an opportunity to see that STS can be responsible, reliable and can take immediate action into their concerns.

Thanks for reading

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Pirate Captain View Post
    If you want to farm pve effectively then switching classes is your best option right now. Even if sts wanted to help warriors and give them new or improved skills it would take months whereas you can lvl up to 41 on a weekend. Just look at how long it took them to fix breeze and he's just a pet.
    Is breeze fixed? What's the point having a mage in a pve party, when a pet can freeze all the mobs what a mage can't?

Sent from my XT1092 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Haligali View Post
    Is breeze fixed? What's the point having a mage in a pve party, when a pet can freeze all the mobs what a mage can't?

Sent from my XT1092 using Tapatalk
    Edited lmao

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

Im pretty lucky having a team for running elite, but so sad reading the guildchat. You know what I mean.
    R E T I R E D

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

the problem isn't the skill or the classes themselves. The problem is the OP gear. Everything would work great if the gear were nerfed. STS felt the need to keep making higher damage gear and gems to get people to spend plats. The after effects is dps classes don't need tanks and rogues don't need mages or tanks. Changing the mob difficulty would further isolate people who want to play elite but haven't spent the money to get the best gear.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    74 Posts

Maybe they could scale mob dificulty according to the average dmg output and HP of the PT....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

Precisely. You're making them defensive weapons and givig them 3k armour ability, but there is nothing in the game that can not be killed by a team of rogues, and killed 10x faster. There is no content difficult enough to warrant a "tank" because you keep turning down the level, so we would rather just use a party of rogues and farm faster.
    You never know what you can do until you try
    There are two ways of doing something: right, and again.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Serancha For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

hey! i thought u quit!

I don't think it's the content difficulty. It's the gear. Before the new mythic bow and it's 70+ more damage both tanks and mages were needed. This is the time period I stopped playing. My damage was around 370 at the time. I think with the new gear and gems some rogues are pushing close to 800 now aren't they? No wonder u don't need tanks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by wvhills View Post
    hey! i thought u quit!

I don't think it's the content difficulty. It's the gear. Before the new mythic bow and it's 70+ more damage both tanks and mages were needed. This is the time period I stopped playing. My damage was around 370 at the time. I think with the new gear and gems some rogues are pushing close to 800 now aren't they? No wonder u don't need tanks!
    We've been running without warriors consistently since season 4. It's not a new problem, it is just more noticeable the longer it goes on.
    You never know what you can do until you try
    There are two ways of doing something: right, and again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    105 Posts

This is exactly why I quit my end game warrior. Nothing to do with because no one really needs a warrior in party.
    I really hope CS cancel and AT pull to work in pve.

Tank's high armor seems make the boss harder too.
    This should be fixed too.
    Aegis

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    653 Posts

Yeah, tanks scale the armor to be higher at a boss, and most tanks do slow down a run to the point it costs you anks like in arena with the enrage thing. They're just not dealing enough damage. I always said, nothing should be able to walk away from a heavy crit skyward smash of a warrior, but as it is, it does barely nothing.

Rogues are expensive to play, but the damage they deal is second to none. Defensive or full offensive warriors make little to no difference, it's always the rogue.
    IGN: Kakashi <Deviant Misfits> - We run PVE!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    65 Posts

Doesn't matter how much u buff warrior, even if it does double the damage in pve then what it does now , id rather run with rouges , warriors still womt be able to match a rouge with anks around who needs a warrior for survivability, now that's the real problem, ank kits.

And @remiem you can have new maps deal 10k damage we still won't need tanks, we are all too dependant on anks and elixers. With them around us rouges really don't need any help, only reason I ever run with tanks is to help them get in a party because they really are not much benefit to any party in pve, no offence tanks lol!.
    Last edited by lethaljade; 01-26-2015 at 06:17 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts

I agree with tombs and other high level elites. It is hard to imagine why a party of rogues wouldn't be best in arena though without undermining what rogues do. IE deal high damage to a single target. If you make it super difficult for ring pendant maridos rogues, a lot tanks wouldn't survive easily either. My armor as a rogue borders some tanks armor. Dynamically it would have to change. Unless damage is buffed higher than rogues crit, then damage def isn't the answer. I'm curious about this. I'll have to spend some time thinking. Btw, I'll run arena with a tank. I like it. I run with globolus fairly often. Hit me up in game. Ign Kriticality. If I'm free, we can run it.

Click my sig for some Arcane Videos!!

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Kriticality For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    446 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lethaljade:2024958
    Doesn't matter how much u buff warrior, even if it does double the damage in pve then what it does now , id rather run with rouges , warriors still womt be able to match a rouge with anks around who needs a warrior for survivability, now that's the real problem, ank kits.

And @remiem you can have new maps deal 10k damage we still won't need tanks, we are all too dependant on anks and elixers. With them around us rouges really don't need any help, only reason I ever run with tanks is to help them get in a party because they really are not much benefit to any party in pve, no offence tanks lol!.
    With this, do we toss the idea of adding ankhs and pots to arena chests?