Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Blast still glitched?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

@robert The double blast glitch never had an effect on single targets (bosses, 1v1 in pvp). So birds will still be just as effective in boss fights. Its mutliple targets that were affected by this glitch (ffa, ctf).

Imo it has always been an unfair advantage for birds in these scenarios. A annoying bug ig for almost 2 years and honestly I'm glad its gone. Goodbye one hit ko.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cowgirl View Post
    @robert The double blast glitch never had an effect on single targets (bosses, 1v1 in pvp). So birds will still be just as effective in boss fights. Its mutliple targets that were affected by this glitch (ffa, ctf).

Imo it has always been an unfair advantage for birds in these scenarios. A annoying bug ig for almost 2 years and honestly I'm glad its gone. Goodbye one hit ko.
    Oh. Then I'm really confused. If it was the surrounding targets that received double or triple damage wouldn't they die as fast or faster than single targets? I know in pve the primary target always died much faster than the surrounding targets.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    189 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by robert7204 View Post
    Oh. Then I'm really confused. If it was the surrounding targets that received double or triple damage wouldn't they die as fast or faster than single targets? I know in pve the primary target always died much faster than the surrounding targets.
    Only blast shot caused 'double blasts'. When multiple targets were in its range everyone of those would recieve double blast damage (also 2 numbers above the head). At least thats how it worked in PvP.

Just had a 5-5 FFA game and I feel inredibly weakened. We already had a hard time against all those wandmages, now it is nearly impossible to compete. I can't do any solid group damage anymore but only focus on one single target. When I dont get incredibly lucky I can't win a single 2-1 situation (against decent players). Birds have by far the lowest armor, and it already needed good kiting to survive, but at least were they able to dish out high damage very quickly.. Mages do this by now much more efficiently... I found myself more playing a supportive role (breaking shields, rooting) than actually fighting in the front line.

I guess not too many birds will realise it so far, since the vast majority doesn't FFA very often, but the impact of the missing double blast is quite immense.
    Last edited by Gaunab; 02-01-2012 at 09:18 PM.
    OneRandomNoob - 76 meatshield | Gaunab - 76 dodgenub

4.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #24
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

Hopefully we can get some design time to review the change and roll any needed change out. Thanks for your patience and understanding.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Samhayne For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Just a quick question, aren't birds supposed to be the single damage target dealers anyway and elves the one with powerful AOE's? I'm saying this while I myself am a bird.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Zeus For This Useful Post:

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    230 Posts

It's still possible to survive. Just adjust... adapt. One bird took down two crafted wand mages with full vanity sets. He killed one of the mages twice in a row...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    189 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Apollo View Post
    Just a quick question, aren't birds supposed to be the single damage target dealers anyway and elves the one with powerful AOE's? I'm saying this while I myself am a bird.
    Yes they are, and most of the skills deal damage/debuff only a single enemy. But in PvP it is essential to be able to deal some aoe damage since you will not always be able to run and kite out everything. When I'm chased by two people I have to use my arrows all on the first one and then I go down for the second one, if I'm not getting lucky.
    Mages have: much higher armor, heal, mana shield to further absorb some heat, aoe debuffs, and lightning and firestorm deal quite solid damage to a group of people. Ice and drain deal as much damage as a birds arrow (drain even more). The only advantage of the bird is its speed (less skill delay).

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gaunab For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

I just ran a few pve maps and my total number of kills per map still seems to be about the same. I still get aggro from mobs and the boss just as much. All the pugs were unelixired. I'll play more and let you know how it goes but from a pve standpoint this doesn't seem like it's a big deal.

12.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #29
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

I just ran a few pve maps and my total number of kills per map still seems to be about the same. I still get aggro from mobs and the boss just as much. All the pugs were unelixired. I'll play more and let you know how it goes but from a pve standpoint this doesn't seem like it's a big deal.
    Playing a Bird at a couple different level ranges in PvE it seems pretty much the same as it was previous to me. Lead with Shattering Scream and pound em with Blast Shot for the self combo still hits pretty darn hard. I guess that's all subjective though.

As for checking the numbers, here is what Thade had to say after giving it a look:

Blast shot is still the heaviest long range attack the Archer has. I don’t see any reason to buff it up.
    At this point I'd say re-evaluate the use of your other skills for your rotations and adapt.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

Id like to c 3 birds beating 3 wand mages.. Not happenin.. We lost a very important strategy.

Sent from my awesome Galaxy Note using TapaTalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    122 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne View Post
    I don't think that was ever intended.
    That made me lol so hard hahah. Great. Birds now suck. I can imagine imagine how in a year people will be saying. -"ah remember the old days when birds used to double blast, those were the days..."

No, seriously, if this is taken out then no one will ever want a bird in a ctf game.
    It was fun while it lasted.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Blind View Post
    That made me lol so hard hahah. Great. Birds now suck. I can imagine imagine how in a year people will be saying. -"ah remember the old days when birds used to double blast, those were the days..."

No, seriously, if this is taken out then no one will ever want a bird in a ctf game.
    Wand mages ftw!! -.-'

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    122 Posts

Tell me about it hahah. Mages were always strong. In sewers as well. Any mage could beat any bird. Now over 2 campaigns they just got even more powerful, along with bears and their str sets, while birds have terrible gear compared to others and now double blast(not the recent glitch), the normal group one it taken out.
    It was fun while it lasted.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    189 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Blind View Post
    Tell me about it hahah. Mages were always strong. In sewers as well. Any mage could beat any bird. Now over 2 campaigns they just got even more powerful, along with bears and their str sets, while birds have terrible gear compared to others and now double blast(not the recent glitch), the normal group one it taken out.
    Yup, I kinda feel like I'm playing a supportive role now :O Taking down manashields and rooting enemies, leaving the damage part to the very powerful intmages. Yes, I can also take out/debuff ONE other target, but not a group of enemies. Heck, even dexbears or wandmages deal much more efficient group damage, while having a much higher survivability! And I need to kite my arse off to be somewhat helpful to the group... I feel so handicapped

Tournament & Ladder Leader AbsolutePally's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    182 Posts

Gcd was a big blow to birds, but people actually got better. Imo this will only increase team play and strats.
    Necessity is the mother of invention.
    Retired: Alwaysdt 71 Mage. Legends never die, they just fade away.

Revelation

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

Call me ignorant. But I can second Samhayne post about adapting the (more or less) new situation. I am used to PvP with every class and I had some nice duels vs a L66 bird vs my L66 bear. Nothing has changed. On the long term it was an equal balanced fight.

Also I did host a couple of PvE runs in Mount Fang's. The situation there is quite the same. While I was pulling the crowd together, avian in my team have had used shatterscream + blast shot - combo with a decent all-over-enemys-damage.

I can understand that the double blast was not intended, but I cannot see what's the difference between the skills and situation from before the glitch.
    Apostel L76 Ursan | Diamantarrow L56 Avian_.
    Immortalcry L61 Elite-Undead | Pleasedontcry L32 Avian n' more..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    64 Posts

i have the same feelings as gaunab. as bird with low armor u have to kite a lot in ffa/ctf. especially vs wand mages. i already was often there to just blast mana shields and let our mage finish off the other mages.
    some of the new "heros" says we run to much and we get called noobs bcz of that, but theres not way to beat them in 1 rush.
    yeah hard life now, but hope for better sets in future. but is it to late to adapt actual sets...?
    - PL - Founder and proud C.O.T. officer
    RicciTS > DEX Bird L77 | Ricci > INT Mage L76 | XCarver> STR/DEX Bear L71
    and many more....

Tournament & Ladder Leader AbsolutePally's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    182 Posts

Dex sets are going to need either a lot more dmg, or way more armor with dodge or high dodge. Crit would be appreciated too.
    Bears, reduce dodge but vastly increase armor and reg (if 44) isnt already a lot lol)
    Mages, can live wout the super high armor and crit of the set. I bet the craft wand set will still be decent vs next sets ha.
    Retired: Alwaysdt 71 Mage. Legends never die, they just fade away.

Revelation

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AbsolutePally For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by AbsolutePally View Post
    Dex sets are going to need either a lot more dmg, or way more armor with dodge or high dodge. Crit would be appreciated too.
    Bears, reduce dodge but vastly increase armor and reg (if 44) isnt already a lot lol)
    Mages, can live wout the super high armor and crit of the set. I bet the craft wand set will still be decent vs next sets ha.
    Instead of doing all this why not just return blast shot to the way it was before? Wouldn't that be much easier?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    128 Posts

Instead of doing all this why not just return blast shot to the way it was before? Wouldn't that be much easier?
    Yes, it would be easier, but isn't balancing the sets a much better solution? And besides, the double blast thing only "helped" when it was 1 bird vs several people. Putting double blast in again won't fix the fact that dex sets are weak, and have been declining since sewers.

25. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Zapoke For This Useful Post: