Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Preview 5/18/22 | One More Week of Ursoth + Forgotten Vanity Sneak Peek!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Alghost View Post
    It’s not a numbers game you donut! We just want a vanity version of the set! No one wants your armor!!! We’re not merchants lol, we don’t want to hoard the armors and sky rocket the prices we are NOT collectors *Cough cough, brown heraldic 300m now 700m* It’s not about being able to afford the armors I have 1.2bil on me, but what’s the point of spending it on an armor if I can’t use it in maps. I’d take a recolor of them lol it’s fine.
    Like i said, if the devs recolored them it would keep collectors happy and we would not have this debate, that is the main issue here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    273 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Castofspell View Post
    Like i said, if the devs recolored them it would keep collectors happy and we would not have this debate, that is the main issue here.

That would be perfect, hopefully [mention]Cinco [/mention] would be interested in recoloring them??? with some added particle affects if possible if not it’s fine… collectors have their originals and we have our vanities variants. Everyone is happy.

3.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #3
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,190 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by THE GOLDEN KING View Post
    That would be perfect, hopefully [mention]Cinco [/mention] would be interested in recoloring them??? with some added particle affects if possible if not it’s fine… collectors have their originals and we have our vanities variants. Everyone is happy.

This would miss the entire point of the 'Forgotten Vanity Event.' In AL terms, a recolor is new. A recolor with particles is a new LB item (sorta, kinda just kidding... but also not).
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cinco View Post
    This would miss the entire point of the 'Forgotten Vanity Event.' In AL terms, a recolor is new. A recolor with particles is a new LB item (sorta, kinda just kidding... but also not).
    I understand where you are coming from but bringing back the item just in a new color does not miss the point, because it is 2022 now not 2012, a refreshed refurbished version that is unique while keeping the rarity there still to the original players . Therefore old 9-10 year veteran players still have their enjoyment of having some rare color and armor exclusive looks, and new players have the look but vanity version with a different color. It would keep the old pieces exclusive while giving the new players the looks that they want.

5.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #5
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,190 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Castofspell View Post
    I understand where you are coming from but bringing back the item just in a new color does not miss the point, because it is 2022 now not 2012, a refreshed refurbished version that is unique while keeping the rarity there still to the original players . Therefore old 9-10 year veteran players still have their enjoyment of having some rare color and armor exclusive looks, and new players have the look but vanity version with a different color. It would keep the old pieces exclusive while giving the new players the looks that they want.

No offense but it does miss the point though - on a very basic level. Especially when we're talking about items that have already been recolored a number of times.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    273 Posts

Not going to lie to you Cinco it would… but in a sense it wouldn’t… since it’s the same item just in a different color… would you bring these season 1-3 items back in a different color? That way the collectors have their original and we have are vanity. Thoughts….

7. The Following User Says Thank You to THE GOLDEN KING For This Useful Post:

8.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #7
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,190 Posts

Not going to lie to you Cinco it would… but in a sense it wouldn’t… since it’s the same item just in a different color… would you bring these season 1-3 items back in a different color? That way the collectors have their original and we have are vanity. Thoughts….

When we're talking about an old piece of equipment - nobody who wants the vanity look wants it to be different from the original equipment; they want it to be the same. That is the point in a nutshell. We have also done the different color / particles dance in the past and it has precisely the same effect on those players who vehemently want to prevent other players from ever accessing that specific appearance. Arguments in those cases are only slightly different. The sentiment is the same.
    | | | |

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    273 Posts

When we're talking about an old piece of equipment - nobody who wants the vanity look wants it to be different from the original equipment; they want it to be the same. That is the point in a nutshell. We have also done the different color / particles dance in the past and it has precisely the same effect on those players who vehemently want to prevent other players from ever accessing that specific appearance. Arguments in those cases are only slightly different. The sentiment is the same.
    So there’s no chance at recoloring them? How about redesigning them? Giving them a more metallic bulkier look?

10. The Following User Says Thank You to THE GOLDEN KING For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

So there’s no chance at recoloring them? How about redesigning them? Giving them a more metallic bulkier look?

+1 give the new versions a distinct difference so that the exclusivity can remain there for collectors and day 1 players..

12.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #10
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,190 Posts

Correct. There is no chance that this will happen for 'Forgotten Vanity.'

I'm not saying that I'll never recolor anything again... or that I wouldn't recolor and add particles for something and dress it up as a new bit of equipment (or even a vanity) - but it doesn't fit the parameters of the event in question.
    | | | |

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Its like old vanities, red arlor, tree set and many other old exclusive sets Cinco. Many collectors spent years searching for, releasing a recolor keeps the collector community happy as well as the people wanting the exclusive look. The sentiment is not the same for collectors if they are re-released, it is not exclusive anymore.. because if everyone can just walk around at Expedition with it or pier there is no specialness to the set or armor anymore..