Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Official 2011 Halloween Event Feedback Thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

The Halloween content is superb ! the only cocern is that when one is scaled farming in the halloween levels there is no way of putting a pasword on the game as you cant create a game and this becomes a problem when you have 4 players of same or similar level and one who joins and is not of similar level and they will not cooperate when asked if they could please go to another game . The result is they get upset and dont leave and the drops end up not being scaled due to that one player. I would suggest a way of creating these games once you have done all halloween quests.

Dl:Rolocoaster lv25,Victoryrosel v21 Sl:Rolocoaster lv41Op, Jonsithegreat lv40 Com.,Jonsiofsparta lv40 Engi. Pl:Rolocoaster lv65 Pally, Jonsithegreat lv27 bear, Jonsithebird lv36 bird

2.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #2
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rolocoaster View Post
    The Halloween content is superb ! the only cocern is that when one is scaled farming in the halloween levels there is no way of putting a pasword on the game as you cant create a game and this becomes a problem when you have 4 players of same or similar level and one who joins and is not of similar level and they will not cooperate when asked if they could please go to another game . The result is they get upset and dont leave and the drops end up not being scaled due to that one player. I would suggest a way of creating these games once you have done all halloween quests.
    Hi Rolocoaster,

In my 2nd post above you can using Patrick's method, as stated at http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...l=1#post451924

Keep in mind that the level of the boss is set when the boss is agro'd. So first to agro it sets the level of the monster (at least, that's what I've been told. I haven't personally verified that myself).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    630 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne View Post
    Hi Rolocoaster,

In my 2nd post above you can using Patrick's method, as stated at http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...l=1#post451924

Keep in mind that the level of the boss is set when the boss is agro'd. So first to agro it sets the level of the monster (at least, that's what I've been told. I haven't personally verified that myself).
    No. If a level 60 is in the instance the boss will be scaled at that level and so will the drops.

Technically if the fight begins and the 60 joins after the beginning of the fight it may not re-scale but this would be hard to coordinate. I don't know what would happen to the drops in such a case.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by StompArtist View Post
    No. If a level 60 is in the instance the boss will be scaled at that level and so will the drops.

Technically if the fight begins and the 60 joins after the beginning of the fight it may not re-scale but this would be hard to coordinate. I don't know what would happen to the drops in such a case.
    This might explain why one of the instances we were fighting boss and a level 60 came in and i still got a level 35 drop . But yes it would be too hard to coordinate this , as this only happened 1 out of 200 runs lol

Dl:Rolocoaster lv25,Victoryrosel v21 Sl:Rolocoaster lv41Op, Jonsithegreat lv40 Com.,Jonsiofsparta lv40 Engi. Pl:Rolocoaster lv65 Pally, Jonsithegreat lv27 bear, Jonsithebird lv36 bird

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

I can vouch that (for instance) if a 60 is in the dungeon before the 20's get agro then the drops will be 60. But if the 20's get agro before the 60 drops into the game then the drops will be 20. The latter I found out with this happening to me and some friends, the first I actually experimented with using my level 30 mage joining games of level 20's (my apologies to all for this experiment) I waited for them to get agro then came in the room, the boss killed several of them by this time and my drop was level 30.

Ariskabar (warrior 66), Weoki (mage 52), Hanaty (bird 61), Bucketofbolts (mage 30) Visit my threat guide! Join The Farmers' Collective.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Every thing looks great all around PL and the decorations is awesome but the quests are short (not a lot of things to do) and easy.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Yeah, Sam is right. A higher level can join, and the enemies will get harder to match that level, but unless the higher lvls reach the boss, the lvl is still the lower. Tried before.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne View Post
    Hi Rolocoaster,

Thanks Sam didnt know you could use that method to go back !