Thread: Festerfang Raids

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

Default Festerfang Raids

They have been pretty much dead for last few months, Lord Orrick in paticular. His instakill abbility needs to be addressed so people wouldnt avoid him in order to perserve their death count. If you have any ideas on how to do this, write them down bellow.

Its about time to spice things up by adding new items to them.

I was thinking about adding spirit experience packs, oconi egg, new mire set pieces as well as arcanite recipies to the loot table so that people would have the reason to run them.

As a result, these items should also be added to Altar of the Deep, together with Mire Artifacts and Amulets.

Sts tried to make different loot tables for Hydra and Orrick in order to even out the play rates of both, but it didnt work out since Orrick is still abandoned. This should be re-evaluted, since there are next to none mire artifacts for rouge or mire necklaces for mage in auction.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Dadansn For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    182 Posts

Spirit packs or simply award 5 tokens each time would be great
    If there would be a competition for stupidity, I would be second. Cause I’m stupid

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Xxkayakxx View Post
    I agree, tokens would be great for those struggling to obtain spirit weapons.
    They are already hard to get, let alone level up.

Maybe reintroduction of gold to those maps would boost their play rate, but capping the maximum gold to 10-20k per day per raid map.

And, in order to make Hydra a little more challanging, return that swallow mechanic, with a condition that Hydra almost always swallows the player with highest DPS.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    165 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dadansn View Post
    I agree, tokens would be great for those struggling to obtain spirit weapons.
    They are already hard to get, let alone level up.

Maybe reintroduction of gold to those maps would boost their play rate, but capping the maximum gold to 10-20k per day per raid map.

And, in order to make Hydra a little more challanging, return that swallow mechanic, with a condition that Hydra almost always swallows the player with highest DPS.
    I agree with the spirit xp packs.

Ive also came up with an idea for stopping 4 Rog parties there a while back:

It involves the swallowing mechanic(or a similar displacement mechanic), in which it would always start with Rogues. Swallow all of each class in a revolving order, Rog,Mage,Tank. That would make it impossible to do 4 rog parties on hydra. 3 Rogues would take forever, 2 wouldnt be as painful. Maybe increase the displacement time for how many of that class get affected. Im sure there would always be 2rog, but i assume it would add diversity to who actually can find parties for hydra.

No sure what to say about Fly, i didnt really run alot of him. Hopefully my above statement makes sense! +1 to spirit exp packs.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Xxkayakxx View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by PostNoob View Post
    I agree with the spirit xp packs.

Ive also came up with an idea for stopping 4 Rog parties there a while back:

It involves the swallowing mechanic(or a similar displacement mechanic), in which it would always start with Rogues. Swallow all of each class in a revolving order, Rog,Mage,Tank. That would make it impossible to do 4 rog parties on hydra. 3 Rogues would take forever, 2 wouldnt be as painful. Maybe increase the displacement time for how many of that class get affected. Im sure there would always be 2rog, but i assume it would add diversity to who actually can find parties for hydra.

No sure what to say about Fly, i didnt really run alot of him. Hopefully my above statement makes sense! +1 to spirit exp packs.
    Well, warriors are fine for Lord Orrick since at least one of them is necessary for each run unless you want to have death fest.

The real problem is mage class.

Unless their damage is off the charts, they cant compete to average rogues.

I see two possible solutions to this problem:
    1. The Flies that Orrick spawns should come in waaaay larger groups, with less health so that mage could take the entire group out with clock+fireball+gale/ice blast combo.
    They are designed to do AoE damage and thats what they should excell at.
    2. This one is a lil' hectic. Add aura to Lord Orrick that will damage surrounding players for 1% of their max health every second. In addition to that, change his instakill abbility to multi-target all enemies who are under 80% of their max health. This would make mages useful due to their heal mastery which restores 1% of max health to all players standing close to healing algae.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dadansn View Post
    They have been pretty much dead for last few months, Lord Orrick in paticular. His instakill abbility needs to be addressed so people wouldnt avoid him in order to perserve their death count. If you have any ideas on how to do this, write them down bellow.

Its about time to spice things up by adding new items to them.

I was thinking about adding spirit experience packs, oconi egg, new mire set pieces as well as arcanite recipies to the loot table so that people would have the reason to run them.

As a result, these items should also be added to Altar of the Deep, together with Mire Artifacts and Amulets.

Sts tried to make different loot tables for Hydra and Orrick in order to even out the play rates of both, but it didnt work out since Orrick is still abandoned. This should be re-evaluted, since there are next to none mire artifacts for rouge or mire necklaces for mage in auction.
    Theres a tactic in defeating this lord orrick
    rather hard to explain, need a tank who can time heal. glowstick is also needed. Weapons such as Glint can also do the trick

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Scary View Post
    Theres a tactic in defeating this lord orrick
    rather hard to explain, need a tank who can time heal. glowstick is also needed. Weapons such as Glint can also do the trick
    Average player doesnt own glowstick, and they wont buy him either so they could run a dead raid.

Only warriors with great stats, who own glow, with perfect timing on their charged heal can keep a party alive. And they do not quallify as average players.

I've run my fair share of Orrick whiile he still dropped gold, and even with glowstick death is inevitable ( im rogue player btw ).

I did notice however that he aims his instakill at the person who does the most damage to him while skull is over his head, but not dealling damage during that period extends the run time of Infested Swamp by a lot, and thats on top of already long run time ( talking from average players' perspective ).
    When you take that, and the amount of deaths during a single run into consideration, its only logical that people would avoid that map.
    Hydra can be killed relatively fast even by average players with mediocre gear, thus its played unlike Infested.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    190 Posts

I would like to run Orrick, it is easy and fast map (ppl just need to learn tactic). Any average warrior with taunt on skills easily protect PT from skull attack. But infest is always empty and i can īt solo it (because donīt know how to release from his trap). If any of you want run Infested Swamp, add me: Marroos. I am warrior, and i will protect you from skull attacks.
    Last edited by Marosok; 02-07-2019 at 10:20 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

If anyone runs bog friend me ign: zhaiawabam

Sent from my SM-J737V using Tapatalk