Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Awakening Egstravaganza Again

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by THE GOLDEN KING View Post
    I said it would ‘help’ stop(stop as in decreasing inflation) inflation.

I apologize but your statement is false and inaccurate.

You’re saying by “poor” players buying these kits for 8k and reselling them to rich players for double the amount *16k*. It works as a gold sink? How?

What about if the rich players buy these 8k kits? Let’s say 100m worth? Or even 200m worth? What then? Let’s say they resell them for 16k, they automatically gain almost double the profit. Which again causes inflation...

The ONLY way your statement would work as a gold sink, is IF The Team decides to make the 8k gem kits permanent in store.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It works as a gold sink because players once liquidated 8k to buy them, and now other players buy them for 16k and USE them, some invest as well, cheaper gems= more usage= more gold sink. Them getting 2x the price of what they paid is NOT generated gold by the servers or system, it's other players gold. This means they don't inflate, the gold that already is FARMED or generated in other ways is being earned. A player pays gold to buy them, the other gets the gold, and the player that bought the gems uses them, which results in gold sink.

Those are my 2 cents on the subject.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    273 Posts

Default Awakening Egstravaganza Again

Quote Originally Posted by Jausa View Post
    It works as a gold sink because players once liquidated 8k to buy them, and now other players buy them for 16k and USE them, some invest as well, cheaper gems= more usage= more gold sink. Them getting 2x the price of what they paid is NOT generated gold by the servers or system, it's other players gold. This means they don't inflate, the gold that already is FARMED or generated in other ways is being earned. A player pays gold to buy them, the other gets the gold, and the player that bought the gems uses them, which results in gold sink.

Those are my 2 cents on the subject.
    That’s fine that you think your statement works as a gold sink, not a problem.

Maybe STS should make a semi perfect gold sink, which would include making the 8k gem kits permanent in store.

So it works as a permanent gold sink. Since all players need gem kits to awaken their gear.

Ps. My main point is that STS needs to make more gold sinks in game, since the players need to spend more gold than they can farm. In order to cause ‘deflation’ effect.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    165 Posts

Maybe STS should make a semi perfect gold sink, which would include making the 8k gem kits permanent in store.

So it works as a permanent gold sink. Since all players need gem kits to awaken their gear.

Ps. My main point is that STS needs to make more gold sinks in game, since the players need to spend more gold than they can farm. In order to cause ‘deflation’ effect.

If they make them perm in store they should be 15k or more. 8k is way too low for a constant supply given. I'd waste tons of gold on em.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to PostNoob For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts

I don't think it is a gold sink, it is a fact.

Your problem isn't the gold sink, it's that some players made gold. There is nothing wrong with it, these gems won't increase inflation because they don't generate gold. The gold is farmed by players! If there were no gems inflation would be worse. Game is inflated because it's a decade old game, players stacked currency for years. Gems actually help distribute gold a little bit between the richer player that want stats and the newer player that could use a bit of their gold.

What should fix "inflation" is more supply, not making players broke by making them lose more gold than they earn. If there was enough to go around inflation would be better.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jausa For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    273 Posts

I don't think it is a gold sink, it is a fact.

Your problem isn't the gold sink, it's that some players made gold. There is nothing wrong with it, these gems won't increase inflation because they don't generate gold. The gold is farmed by players! If there were no gems inflation would be worse. Game is inflated because it's a decade old game, players stacked currency for years. Gems actually help distribute gold a little bit between the richer player that want stats and the newer player that could use a bit of their gold.

What should fix "inflation" is more supply, not making players broke by making them lose more gold than they earn. If there was enough to go around inflation would be better.
    These gems are increasing inflation. You keep ignoring what I’ve said.

I’ll explain a third time, a player spends 100m on 8k gem kits. Then he/she waits 1-4 months. Gem kits rise to 16k, if the player decides to resell. That player automatically makes his/her 100m back plus and additional 88m profit.

Like I’ve said before, the only reason why someone would defend what I’ve just said is because he/she does does this too.

Btw deflation would help the economy, not destroy it. There’s no point for a “poor” player to get “rich” if the prices in everything keep going up.

You’re saying that these gem kits help make the “poor” players a bit richer because the rich players buy their kits, okay that’s fine. But what happens when the rich players do the exact same thing? You know there’s been players who’ve bought 40k of these kits right? 320m worth. The player resold them for 15k and made his/her gold back plus another 250m. But you said this doesn’t cause inflation even though that player sits with 570m... out of 320m that the player use to have...

You have to think about this from both perspectives not just the “poor” players. Sure the “poor” player spends 500k-1m in kits and makes 900k-1.8m back from them. Okay nice, cool, he/she made some good profit. Now the rich players spend 100m-300m on these kits and get back 180m-570m back... do you understand what I mean? Keeping the kits permanent in store would help stop inflation where they cost 8k or 15k.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts

These gems are increasing inflation. You keep ignoring what I’ve said.

I’ll explain a third time, a player spends 100m on 8k gem kits. Then he/she waits 1-4 months. Gem kits rise to 16k, if the player decides to resell. That player automatically makes his/her 100m back plus and additional 88m profit.

Like I’ve said before, the only reason why someone would defend what I’ve just said is because he/she does does this too.

Btw deflation would help the economy, not destroy it. There’s no point for a “poor” player to get “rich” if the prices in everything keep going up.

You’re saying that these gem kits help make the “poor” players a bit richer because the rich players buy their kits, okay that’s fine. But what happens when the rich players do the exact same thing? You know there’s been players who’ve bought 40k of these kits right? 320m worth. The player resold them for 15k and made his/her gold back plus another 250m. But you said this doesn’t cause inflation even though that player sits with 570m... out of 320m that the player use to have...

You have to think about this from both perspectives not just the “poor” players. Sure the “poor” player spends 500k-1m in kits and makes 900k-1.8m back from them. Okay nice, cool, he/she made some good profit. Now the rich players spend 100m-300m on these kits and get back 180m-570m back... do you understand what I mean? Keeping the kits permanent in store would help stop inflation where they cost 8k or 15k.

The 570m of gems that player bought will all be turned into awakenings. If that's not gold sink to you then I don't know what is.
    What matters here is that even the profit made by these is players gold, not system generated so no inflation is being caused, this gold was already in circulation.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    273 Posts

The 570m of gems that player bought will all be turned into awakenings. If that's not gold sink to you then I don't know what is.
    What matters here is that even the profit made by these is players gold, not system generated so no inflation is being caused, this gold was already in circulation.
    Alright the 570m gets invested in the 8k awakening gems again, okay sure. Waits 1-4 months, and makes 1 billion gold back... and this is your way of a gold sink? Because the player bought the kits? Even though the player would sell them for 16k each and make 570m back with an additional 490m...

How is your way a better gold sink???

If the gem kits were permanent in store, the player wouldn’t get that 570m back if he/she were to spend it on gem kits. In other words, ‘an actual gold sink’.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts

Alright the 570m gets invested in the 8k awakening gems again, okay sure. Waits 1-4 months, and makes 1 billion gold back... and this is your way of a gold sink? Because the player bought the kits? Even though the player would sell them for 16k each and make 570m back with an additional 490m...

How is your way a better gold sink???

If the gem kits were permanent in store, the player wouldn’t get that 570m back if he/she were to spend it on gem kits. In other words, ‘an actual gold sink’.

I already addressed every point. Re-read my replies a couple of times and you will get it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    273 Posts

I already addressed every point. Re-read my replies a couple of times and you will get it.
    I’ve recited your points in my latest post which you still tend to ignore. Your points are valid but highly inaccurate. The only reason why anyone would go against what I’ve stated multiple times is because, that’s their form of making gold.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

This event should be there every 3 months. And the only way to make blue gems a gold sink is to make them bound to account.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    327 Posts

I’ve recited your points in my latest post which you still tend to ignore. Your points are valid but highly inaccurate. The only reason why anyone would go against what I’ve stated multiple times is because, that’s their form of making gold.

Gold sink = A process of liquidating gold/removing gold out of circulation

Therefore 8k awakes from store Is a form of a gold sink. Player's buy awakes from store, wherein the gold Is liquidated/out of circulation.

Inflation Is caused by people farming gold.

"awakes cause Inflation" narrative Is false.

Hoarding awakes where people get richer later is not inflation, but gold being distributed to the richer community from the middle-poor class community that needs the gems later.

Learn the terms and differences.

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Ilove_Poopoo; 03-18-2020 at 05:51 AM.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Ilove_Poopoo For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    414 Posts

INFLATION: Cause by too much gold inject into economy.

Gold changing hands have nothing to do with inflation!!!

The red portal gold nerfing will reduce inflation, we can already see the effect in auction

And for those who keep asking to buff again red portal, keep in mind that the more new gold is generated, the less your gold worth!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    273 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ilove_Poopoo View Post
    Gold sink = A process of liquidating gold/removing gold out of circulation

Therefore 8k awakes from store Is a form of a gold sink. Player's buy awakes from store, wherein the gold Is liquidated/out of circulation.

Inflation Is caused by people farming gold.

"awakes cause Inflation" narrative Is false.

Hoarding awakes where people get richer later is not inflation, but gold being distributed to the richer community from the middle-poor class community that needs the gems later.

Learn the terms and differences.

So you’re saying that if I spend 500m on 8k gem kits and resell them for 16k and get 1 billion gold back that’s not inflation? Even though I gained my 500m gold back with an additional extra 500m. That’s perfectly okay?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    327 Posts

So you’re saying that if I spend 500m on 8k gem kits and resell them for 16k and get 1 billion gold back that’s not inflation? Even though I gained my 500m gold back with an additional extra 500m. That’s perfectly okay?

Its called Gold distribution to the richer community from the middle-poor community.

Inflation doesn't happen from gold distribution among player to player as you don't generate gold that way, it only happens from massive gold farming.

You earning billions from awakes Is not the same as gold generated. Gold generated only comes from ingame drops (Gold piles, chests, buying gold with plat etc..)

Hope you understand

Last edited by Ilove_Poopoo; 03-18-2020 at 09:51 AM.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ilove_Poopoo For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ilove_Poopoo View Post
    Its called Gold distribution to the richer community from the middle-poor community.

Inflation doesn't happen from gold distribution among player to player as you don't generate gold that way, it only happens from massive gold farming.

You earning billions from awakes Is not the same as gold generated. Gold generated only comes from ingame drops (Gold piles, chests, buying gold with plat etc..)

Hope you understand

Technically causing both.

Redmi Note 8 Pro cihazımdan Tapatalk kullanılarak gönderildi

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    67 Posts

I’d like to point out that awakening gems don’t cause inflation. When you sell awakes it’s simply gold going from one person to another, no gold gets added to the game, actually when people sell in the auc 5% gets removed from the game. Awakes better the economy, they don’t hurt it. Also, think about this: are awakes the only thing people hoard to make money? What about event vanities/chests? People hoard those at the end of the event and sell later to make profit, Platinum eggs for example, and what about eggzavier? People hoard eggs then sell later. There’s nothing wrong with that, it’s just good business. The economy isn’t getting hurt by having gold move from one person to another.
    Last edited by Snowdager; 03-19-2020 at 10:00 AM.