Thread: Different Build types - Uncovered

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ellyidol View Post
    Red, aren't those terms in one of those acronym guides in your compilation?
    Good point.... I'll check there also and kill this thread if its duplication. I thought it might be nice to have a brief explanation of the various builds with links to any supporting threads.....

EDIT: yep - there are some there but some aren't..... I'll continue making a list and then let the thread develop or not as per the responses I get. Hopefully some player might find it useful. Although, the more I look into this the more complex it gets.... You PVP experts must be right mathematicians.... LOL
    Last edited by Redbridge; 04-04-2011 at 11:43 AM.
    Use the SEARCH function or it'll probably be here--> PL stuff or SL stuff >>> I'm 'SRINGY 2' .
    ** Elf/Redbridge - Ursan/Scorpionious - Avian/Bolticus ** Eng/Redbridge - Op/Yoda **
    I am responisble for what I say. I am not responsible for what you understand

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Redbridge View Post
    Good point.... I'll check there also and kill this thread if its duplication. I thought it might be nice to have a brief explanation of the various builds with links to any supporting threads.....
    Ah, misunderstood. Thought you just wanted to ask these questions for personal info, it would help a lot

My take on the builds:

Pure INT - All points into the INT attribute. Works best for mages since it is their primary stat. Also allows them to do massive spell damage, although sacrificing survivability.

Pure DEX - All points into the DEX attribute. Works best for avians because it is their primary stat. Allows for the highest single target damage output due to high crit, high base damage and DPS, not to mention increasing the damage of their skills. Again, sacrificing survivability.

Pure STR - All points into the STR attribute. Works best for bears because it is their primary stat. Gives the best ability to take and tank damage. Allows for the highest Health, HS, Dodge, and Armour. Although this works best for bears, it doesn't make you the best bear either. There's a difference between being able to take damage and tanking for the team, which is Hit %.

Pally - Multiple builds possible. 1. dual spec'd str/int , 2. Dual spec'd str/dex , 3. More str oriented. This allows a Mage to have a lot more survivability by being able to use str armors. You sacrifice your damage dealing for survivability.

Warbirds - Multiple builds possible. 1. Dual spec'd str/dex , 2. More str oriented. This allows for a bird to be able to survive longer by being able to wear str armors. This also still allows a bird to use their long range skills even while using a melee weapon. Sacrifice damage dealing for survivability.

Tanks - Multiple builds possible. 1. Dual spec'd str/dex , 2. Hybrid str/dex but str oriented , 3. Pure str. This is a tricky one. Tanks are generally known to being able to take damage for the group, but here in PL, tanking requires more than being able to take damage for the group, but also being able to use your bear skills to control aggro/mobs. That being said, a good PL tank would need Hit % - which can be obtained from more dex.