Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Question. About Lb Vanities (Not a complaint thread)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoNuke View Post
    Yes, irrespective of how wealthy an individual is, they should not be able to run the economy. Only devs should have the power to drive the economy. (Want to know why and how it impacts? Read my posts here - https://www.spacetimestudios.com/sho...20#post2805920)

There are two things here:
    #1) LB is suppose to be a gold sink. Suppose you invest 50m getting top 10, now if you want to have the LB items tradable, obviously the price of that item becomes: gold invested + hard work cost + profit (that's the formula applied currently, and sadly all of the variables are decided by the owner). So lets say you sell the item for 80m (fair?). Where is the sink? instead you made more than you invested + you got the LB tag.

#2) Gold should not be the answer to everything. You want that OP vanity put in the hard work. You already have the gold to buy the OP vanity - use it to buy energy kit and run for LB top 10. Making it untradable only bring more competition to the LB (if they really want it, they will run for it now).

You still don't want to run then wait to spend that gold till the recolored versions are launched. I think making LB items unreadable is the right step.
    The economy is driven on multiple factors. The devs of course do influence it heavily. Hence this conversation. No one group of ppl run the economy so that argument has no place in this discussion.

1. Where was it mentioned lbs were meant to be a gold sink? I thouht they were lbs to run for exclusive items and that’s ignoring if they’re tradeable or not.

2. Gold isn’t in answer it’s an alternative

I’m not going to argue your points in detail because you are entitled to your opinion I’m just giving you a little insight on my view as well

Somewhere beyond and between here and nowhere...
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    209 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jhawkeye View Post
    The economy is driven on multiple factors. The devs of course do influence it heavily. Hence this conversation. No one group of ppl run the economy so that argument has no place in this discussion.

1. Where was it mentioned lbs were meant to be a gold sink? I thouht they were lbs to run for exclusive items and that’s ignoring if they’re tradeable or not.

2. Gold isn’t in answer it’s an alternative

I’m not going to argue your points in detail because you are entitled to your opinion I’m just giving you a little insight on my view as well
    Hmm these are your statements:
    "This is a big part of not just the idea of lb running but the economy as well"
    "Are you saying that people who are good at trading shouldn’t run an economy based on trading?"
    "No one group of ppl run the economy so that argument has no place in this discussion."

1st decide what is your discussion and stop contradicting yourself. Then get one thing straight: The economy is not based on trading.
    Have facts and reasons to back you statements, diverting it with vague reasoning is just waste of time. Perhaps you did not read the thread I pointed in my previous post (please do).

1. Where it's mentioned LB is not meant to be gold sink (two can play that game ). Exclusivity of an item does not change irrespective if its tradable or not.

IMO currently LB is the biggest gold sink (if items kept untradable). Making the items tradable will only make a paradox. A constant loop of same players running LB - liquidating the items to make profit - then using that gold to run LB again. Rotating the gold, making higher profits every loop.

If you are not concerned about making gold out of your win then you should not even be bothered if the items are tradable or not.

2. Right, let me reiterate myself then: Gold should not be an answer or an alternative to get LB items.
    If you want to win the prize of a competition, the only way should be to participate and give your best to win it. Its as simple as that.

There is no argument here. Its only an argument when both parties have reasons and facts supporting their stand
    Retired
    Tired of Dead Guilds & Offline FL? Click Here!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoNuke View Post
    Hmm these are your statements:
    "This is a big part of not just the idea of lb running but the economy as well"
    "Are you saying that people who are good at trading shouldn’t run an economy based on trading?"
    "No one group of ppl run the economy so that argument has no place in this discussion."

1st decide what is your discussion and stop contradicting yourself. Then get one thing straight: The economy is not based on trading.
    Have facts and reasons to back you statements, diverting it with vague reasoning is just waste of time. Perhaps you did not read the thread I pointed in my previous post (please do).

1. Where it's mentioned LB is not meant to be gold sink (two can play that game ). Exclusivity of an item does not change irrespective if its tradable or not.

IMO currently LB is the biggest gold sink (if items kept untradable). Making the items tradable will only make a paradox. A constant loop of same players running LB - liquidating the items to make profit - then using that gold to run LB again. Rotating the gold, making higher profits every loop.

If you are not concerned about making gold out of your win then you should not even be bothered if the items are tradable or not.

2. Right, let me reiterate myself then: Gold should not be an answer or an alternative to get LB items.
    If you want to win the prize of a competition, the only way should be to participate and give your best to win it. Its as simple as that.

There is no argument here. Its only an argument when both parties have reasons and facts supporting their stand
    Where did I contradict myself lol? The economy is influenced by a multitude of things including lbs and ppl who are good at trading.

No I didn’t read your thread.

The discussion is on how making lbs that ARE currently tradeable, untradeable will impact AL. Noone is making anything tradeable as the “current gold sink” is already tradeable.

There are only a few ppl who always run lb and that’s not because they sell the lb items that they normally keep.

Your statements make it seem as though you’ve never ran a lb yourself or dealt with lb items.

Somewhere beyond and between here and nowhere...
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    209 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jhawkeye View Post
    Where did I contradict myself lol? The economy is influenced by a multitude of things including lbs and ppl who are good at trading.

No I didn’t read your thread.

The discussion is on how making lbs that ARE currently tradeable, untradeable will impact AL. Noone is making anything tradeable as the “current gold sink” is already tradeable.

There are only a few ppl who always run lb and that’s not because they sell the lb items that they normally keep.

Your statements make it seem as though you’ve never ran a lb yourself or dealt with lb items.
    Your post does not add any value to the thread.
    I gave you the reason why LB items should not be tradable. I gave the reason how it impacts AL and its economy,
    But you totally ignored everything and all you did was repeat the question again with addition of some assumptions and baseless statements on me.

I can only reason with a person who is intellectually capable of understanding it. Hence I am out of this conversation. Ty.
    Retired
    Tired of Dead Guilds & Offline FL? Click Here!