Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Rogue's Tips & Tricks

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Default Rogue's Tips & Tricks

Hello all,

Personally, I think this is long overdue. With the skill display being inaccurate, giving away the knowledge that I know about rogues seems to be the appropriate thing to do.

Rogue Skills:

Aimed Shot:
    The second hit of Aimed Shot will always hit harder than the first due to the 10% increased damage upgrade. Therefore, I recommend that every user of this skill spec 5/5 in this. Additionally, each time you fire this skill, you boost your crit by 10% for 5 seconds. This buff stacks, so you can stack it 2-3 times which equals around 20-30% critical boost. You can also fire Aimed Shot as a way to see if it is okay to pierce forward to speed up movement If the arrow flies forward, generally it is okay to pierce. However, on some occasions it will not be. This is due to the 14mm range of Aimed Shot and 16mm range of Shadow Piercer. Use common sense to differentiate in these occasions.

Noxious Bolt:
    Noxious Bolt is quite a tricky skill with many applications. If you charge the arrow, you are rewarded with an AOE DOT that stacks but does not crit. This is best utilized with the AOE upgrade located in the skill tab. For PvP users, it is recommended to only have 1/5 Noxious Bolt in their build mainly because it reduces poison damage therefore making it far less deadly against curse users.
    - Will kill you against Curse users, refrain from using unless spec'd 1/5 Noxious Bolt
    - Will help keep Juggernaut users alive so long as Juggernaut is active. The low poison damage acts as a trigger on Juggernaut to self heal. Refrain from using when Juggernaut is active.

Razor Shield:
    This shield will grant you stun immunity from even the most gruesome of stuns: terrify & panic. You must charge Razor Shield to be granted stun immunity. All in all, a very useful skill in the rogue's arsenal.

Medic Packs
    These packs will always heal 25-30% of your health depending on the upgrades and where you are playing (PvE or PvP). In PvP, they are a rogue's bread and butter. Since the packs stay around for about 30-35 seconds, it is recommended that a rogue drops them when entering combat to start the cool-down of the skill & then absorbing them (by running over them) when needed. This should provide you time to instantly re-pack when you run out of 3 packs (depending on the situation).

Shadow Storm Shot
    Since the recent auto target fix and mastery, this skill is quite useful. With all the upgrades, the skill barely hits higher than a charged auto attack. However, damage is dispersed as an AOE and can hit 11+ targets with the SSS mastery maxed. It has the longest cool down of any rogue arrow.

Traps
    Very useful in PvE to snare mobs, cause insane bleed damage, and ignore cool down of skill. Additionally, it has a low mana cost while dishing out serious bleed damage to mobs. If used properly, it can be an effective crowd control as well as damage dealer. Practice with this skill to make for efficient run times.

It is not very useful in PvP, but one can activate his/her own traps by running over them in a PvP environment.*

*= This does not apply for PvE

Shadow Veil
    This skill is useful both in PvP and PvE. On top of granting a party 20% armor, which is the highest armor boost of any skill, it will boost the entire party's damage and reduce the enemy's damage & hit percent by a considerable amount when standing inside the veil. Therefore, this makes for a great team skill in PvE/PvP and 1v1 skill. However, keep in mind that hit percent debuffs are useless in a PvP environment.

Shadow Piercer
    This skill is the longest range skill a rogue utilizes & can help a rogue cover great lengths of distance across a map. However, it comes at a cost - mana. Additionally, this skill is bugged in PvE so it can hit almost as high as an aimed shot, partly which makes a rogue so overpowered. Upgrades on this skill are a waste for the most part, except for the health regen. Do not bother with the armor reduction chance upgrade because your aimed shot already debuffs an opponent's armor & debuffs do not stack - only the highest debuff applies.

Rogue Arcane Weapons: [L46]:
    Dragon Hunter Blades
    These daggers have slightly less skill and display damage than Glintstone bow, but the proc is very powerful in PvE. The dragonbite AA can stun mobs repeatedly and also cause massive damage. The daggers require a target present in order to proc.
    Mythic Rogue Weapons [L46]:

Glinstone Bows (All Versions)
    This bow is an L46 bow with some special abilities unique to this bow. The bow has one proc: bombs, surround the target when proc'd.

The bombs have a nifty trick. If an enemy is on the opposing side of a wall, you can spam the auto attack and hope for a proc. The bombs will proc on your side of the wall but hit through the wall on the enemy target. Often times, they do enough damage to one hit the opponent. If a bomb kills a target, a kill will not be granted or recorded. Bombs surround the target and will only have a chance of proc via auto attack if there is a target present.

Additionally, since it is a bow, it can do mini-long range stuns via charging the auto attack button. These stuns will not work on bosses or large mobs, but will work on other classes in PvP or small mobs in PvE.
    Weapon Preference:
    *preference in numerical order*
    1. Glinstone Bow of Fervor
    2. Glinstone Bow of Guile
    3. Glinstone Bow of Deftness
    4. Glinstone Bow of Tactics
    PvP:
    • Rogue's Damage % boosts do not work in CTF due to a damage percent nerf to rogues in CTF.
    • Only the highest percent buff applies.
    • Speed boosts are reduced to 0% once speed debuffed.
    • Only the highest percent debuff applies.
    • Debuffs override buffs, hence the glitch where rogue's damage % boosts do not work in CTF (including damage % pets)

Since PvE Builds can vary on which map you are running. This is the one that I use:

PvE Build:
    • 5/5 Aimed Shot
    • 5/5 Noxious Bolt
    • 1/5 Shadow Piercer (No Upgrades)
    • 5/5 Shadow Storm Shot
    • 5/5 Dex, Int, Crit, Damage
    • 10/10 Nox Mastery
    • 9/10 SSS Mastery

Enjoy!
    Last edited by Zeus; 04-10-2016 at 06:26 PM.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

2. The Following 92 Users Say Thank You to Zeus For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    166 Posts

Awesome work parf

Would you consider using razor while in clash against curse mages?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Endkey View Post
    Awesome work parf

Would you consider using razor while in clash against curse mages?
    I would, as with 2/5 in the shield, it does not make the shield particularly harmful against curse mages. Just make sure not to impale yourself on a mage when it is up. Instead, use the stun immunity time to snipe enemy rogues when they are stunned!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Zeus For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I love it thanks Zeus, now i know the build for pvp for my rogue :-)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

Do you use razor shield against warriors? They also tend to stun often.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MoloToha View Post
    Do you use razor shield against warriors? They also tend to stun often.
    I do at times, but if you pack manage correctly, I find that it is not needed. Additionally, in order for Razor Shield to be useful, you need to charge it. Since you only have a small window of time between a warrior's heal and juggernaut - I prefer not to waste it by charging a skill to avoid stuns. Does it work? Sure! However, I find that the typical Aimed/Nox/SP/Packs build is more efficient provided that you save your Noxious Bolt until Juggernaut is cooled off.

Also, pulse Aimed Shot once on a warrior if you can before doing a charged Aimed, Noxious, SP combo. It kicks the 10% damage boost into play and you will see some really high damage provided that you are not feebled!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    Hello all,

Personally, I think this is long overdue. With the skill display being inaccurate, giving away the knowledge that I know about rogues seems to be the appropriate thing to do.

Rogue Skills:

Aimed Shot:
    The second hit of Aimed Shot will always hit harder than the first due to the 10% increased damage upgrade. Therefore, I recommend that every user of this skill spec 5/5 in this. Additionally, each time you fire this skill, you boost your crit by 10% for 5 seconds. This buff stacks, so you can stack it 2-3 times which equals around 20-30% critical boost. You can also fire Aimed Shot as a way to see if it is okay to pierce forward to speed up movement If the arrow flies forward, generally it is okay to pierce. However, on some occasions it will not be. This is due to the 14mm range of Aimed Shot and 16mm range of Shadow Piercer. Use common sense to differentiate in these occasions.

Noxious Bolt:
    Noxious Bolt is quite a tricky skill with many applications. If you charge the arrow, you are rewarded with an AOE DOT that stacks but does not crit. This is best utilized with the AOE upgrade located in the skill tab. Additionally, the 15% damage impact upgrade on Noxious Bolt does not work, therefore making it a waste of a stat point. So, spec accordingly! For PvP users, it is recommended to only have 1/5 Noxious Bolt in their build mainly because it reduces poison damage therefore making it far less deadly against curse users.
    - Will kill you against Curse users, refrain from using unless spec'd 1/5 Noxious Bolt
    - Will help keep Juggernaut users alive so long as Juggernaut is active. The low poison damage acts as a trigger on Juggernaut to self heal. Refrain from using when Juggernaut is active.

Razor Shield:
    This shield will grant you stun immunity from even the most gruesome of stuns: terrify & panic. However, it is glitched. So, it will only properly provide you stun immunity if you have 2/5 spec'd in Razor Shield (last upgrade only). The additional duration upgrade causes the stun immunity to fail. Additionally, you must charge Razor Shield to be granted stun immunity. All in all, a very useful skill in the rogue's arsenal.

Medic Packs
    These packs will always heal 25-30% of your health depending on the upgrades and where you are playing (PvE or PvP). In PvP, they are a rogue's bread and butter. Since the packs stay around for about 30-35 seconds, it is recommended that a rogue drops them when entering combat to start the cool-down of the skill & then absorbing them (by running over them) when needed. This should provide you time to instantly re-pack when you run out of 3 packs (depending on the situation).

Shadow Storm Shot
    Perhaps the most useless skill in a rogue's arsenal. With all the upgrades, the skill barely hits higher than a charged auto attack. Damage is dispersed as an AOE but since the skill does not auto-aim, you cannot run and shoot, therefore making it even more crippled. On top of all of this, it is the longest cool down of any rogue arrow.

Traps
    Very useful in PvE to snare mobs, cause insane bleed damage, and ignore cool down of skill. Additionally, it has a low mana cost while dishing out serious bleed damage to mobs. If used properly, it can be an effective crowd control as well as damage dealer. Practice with this skill to make for efficient run times.

It is not very useful in PvP, but one can activate his/her own traps by running over them in a PvP environment.*

*= This does not apply for PvP

Shadow Veil
    This skill is useful both in PvP and PvE. On top of granting a party 20% armor, which is the highest armor boost of any skill, it will boost the entire party's damage and reduce the enemy's damage & hit percent by a considerable amount. Therefore, this makes for a great team skill in PvE/PvP and 1v1 skill.

Shadow Piercer
    This skill is the longest range skill a rogue utilizes & can help a rogue cover great lengths of distance across a map. However, it comes at a cost - mana. Additionally, this skill is bugged in PvE so it can hit almost as high as an aimed shot, partly which makes a rogue so overpowered. Upgrades on this skill are a waste for the most part, except for the health regen. Do not bother with the armor reduction chance upgrade because your aimed shot already debuffs an opponent's armor & debuffs do not stack - only the highest debuff applies.

PvP:
    • Rogue's Damage % boosts do not work in CTF due to a damage percent nerf to rogues in CTF.
    • TDM is glitched so a rogue's Damage % boost does work in CTF as well as a rogue having the original unnerfed damage.
    • Debuffs override buffs, hence the glitch where rogue's damage % boosts do not work in CTF (including damage % pets)

PvP Build:
    • 5/5 Aimed Shot
    • 1/5 Noxious Bolt
    • 2/5 Shadow Piercer (Health Upgrade)
    • 5/5 Medic Packs
    • 2/5 Razor Shield (Last Upgrade - Stun Immunity. Charge shield as a pre-emptive move to avoid stuns. Swap Noxious Bolt for Razor Shield when fighting Nott.)
    • 5/5 Defense
    • 5/5 Str/Int/Dex
    • 5/5 Critical

Since PvE Builds can vary on which map you are running, I will not be covering a specific PvE build. Your basic veil, aimed shot, noxious bolt, shadow piercer will do fine.

Enjoy!
    Hey man, I'm using the 20% dodge with the stun immunity on razor and the stun immunity still works, don't have the bleed but at some point since you have to charge for the stun immunity anyways I might spec it

Nonetheless, Great tips/guide Zeus

+1

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Derezzzed View Post
    Hey man, I'm using the 20% dodge with the stun immunity on razor and the stun immunity still works, don't have the bleed but at some point since you have to charge for the stun immunity anyways I might spec it

Nonetheless, Great tips/guide Zeus

+1
    Yea, sorry I should've been clearer. What breaks it is the extended duration upgraded. However, it's still more beneficial to have 2/5 instead of more IMO.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts

Yea, sorry I should've been clearer. What breaks it is the extended duration upgraded. However, it's still more beneficial to have 2/5 instead of more IMO.
    For sole PVP ya defiantly, I hybrid spec ATM so have the dodge on razor for tombs runs, if only PVP wouldn't need the dodge dice only thing u can dodge is auto attacks lol

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Derezzzed For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    656 Posts

There's a slight mistype at the traps asterisk explanation, you can't activate them on PvE. Might need to clarify that your party or the enemy needs to be standing in the veil to receive the buffs and debuffs respectively -- also, hit% debuff in PvP is useless, everything hits. Rest is pretty much what I've been using for a while now (finally razor getting some recognition in PvP, I've had my fair share of mockery on that lol).

Good work overall, this is almost everything!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    144 Posts

crap my pvp build was a mess after seeing this ahahahaha
    how does defense help on rogues btw? increases armor?

cute is just my cover

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fraline View Post
    crap my pvp build was a mess after seeing this ahahahaha
    how does defense help on rogues btw? increases armor?
    Yes, it increases the armor based on your armor before the percent passive boost. Of course, if you already have an existing percentage based defense boost, only the highest percentage boost will apply.

Quote Originally Posted by Madnex View Post
    There's a slight mistype at the traps asterisk explanation, you can't activate them on PvE. Might need to clarify that your party or the enemy needs to be standing in the veil to receive the buffs and debuffs respectively -- also, hit% debuff in PvP is useless, everything hits. Rest is pretty much what I've been using for a while now (finally razor getting some recognition in PvP, I've had my fair share of mockery on that lol).

Good work overall, this is almost everything!
    Thanks Mad, added! I didn't add the standing in veil thing because at that point, I figured it was nearly common sense that one would have to stand inside the veil's perimeters to gain benefits.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    144 Posts

i see, so the rest of the nox are useless in pvp atm? Normally, nox goes 3-4 ..

well, overall, this is really a useful tips! If you didn't tell me bout razors, i would probably still see myself raging while fighting with smurf stuns.. either i slam my keyboard or slam a bucket full of water.. oh wait.. hahahaha

cute is just my cover

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fraline View Post
    i see, so the rest of the nox are useless in pvp atm? Normally, nox goes 3-4 ..

well, overall, this is really a useful tips! If you didn't tell me bout razors, i would probably still see myself raging while fighting with smurf stuns.. either i slam my keyboard or slam a bucket full of water.. oh wait.. hahahaha
    The rest of nox, IMO, is useless. Others may find it useful but personally, I find it counterproductive.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Thankz! for the tips very informative

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

is that true 15%dmg on nox is glitch? :// respec respec :/
    rogue(crocodiile)level 23

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by uunknownn View Post
    is that true 15%dmg on nox is glitch? :// respec respec :/
    Yes I can confirm (thanks to Madnex, & he'll confirm if he's around) that the 15% impact dmg does not work on nox

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Derezzzed For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

Hello all,

Rogue Skills:

Aimed Shot:

Noxious Bolt:
    Noxious Bolt is quite a tricky skill with many applications. If you charge the arrow, you are rewarded with an AOE DOT that stacks but does not crit. This is best utilized with the AOE upgrade located in the skill tab. Additionally, the 15% damage impact upgrade on Noxious Bolt does not work, therefore making it a waste of a stat point. So, spec accordingly! For PvP users, it is recommended to only have 1/5 Noxious Bolt in their build mainly because it reduces poison damage therefore making it far less deadly against curse users.

Razor Shield:
    This shield will grant you stun immunity from even the most gruesome of stuns: terrify & panic. However, it is glitched. So, it will only properly provide you stun immunity if you have 2/5 spec'd in Razor Shield (last upgrade only). The additional duration upgrade causes the stun immunity to fail. Additionally, you must charge Razor Shield to be granted stun immunity. All in all, a very useful skill in the rogue's arsenal.

Medic Packs

Shadow Storm Shot
    Perhaps the most useless skill in a rogue's arsenal. With all the upgrades, the skill barely hits higher than a charged auto attack. Damage is dispersed as an AOE but since the skill does not auto-aim, you cannot run and shoot, therefore making it even more crippled. On top of all of this, it is the longest cool down of any rogue arrow.

Traps

*= This does not apply for PvE

Shadow Veil
    This skill is useful both in PvP and PvE. On top of granting a party 20% armor, which is the highest armor boost of any skill, it will boost the entire party's damage and reduce the enemy's damage & hit percent by a considerable amount when standing inside the veil. Therefore, this makes for a great team skill in PvE/PvP and 1v1 skill. However, keep in mind that hit percent debuffs are useless in a PvP environment.

Shadow Piercer

PvP:
    • TDM is glitched so a rogue's Damage % boost does work in CTF as well as a rogue having the original unnerfed damage.

PvP Build:
    • 5/5 Aimed Shot
    • 1/5 Noxious Bolt
    • 2/5 Shadow Piercer (Health Upgrade)
    • 5/5 Medic Packs
    • 2/5 Razor Shield (Last Upgrade - Stun Immunity. Charge shield as a pre-emptive move to avoid stuns. Swap Noxious Bolt for Razor Shield when fighting Nott.)
    • 5/5 Defense
    • 5/5 Str/Int/Dex
    • 5/5 Critical

Since PvE Builds can vary on which map you are running, I will not be covering a specific PvE build. Your basic veil, aimed shot, noxious bolt, shadow piercer will do fine.

Enjoy!
    Thanks i didnt know the nox 15% dmg thingy. thanks

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Would you recommend a PvP build with Aimed shot, shadow pierce, heal, and razor shield instead of nox?
    I just think that compared to aimed shot and shadow pierce nox does almost no damage at all :/
    And beside the stun immunity would be pretty useful...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Demonharphas View Post
    Would you recommend a PvP build with Aimed shot, shadow pierce, heal, and razor shield instead of nox?
    I just think that compared to aimed shot and shadow pierce nox does almost no damage at all :/
    And beside the stun immunity would be pretty useful...
    When you're fighting other rouges just using aim/sp/razor won't be enough dmg output, you need nox in the combo to potentially "one combo" another rouge, ontop of that, nox you can tap while razor you have to charge (for the stun immunity) so like Zeus said switch to razor when fighting Mages (& it certain causes, warriors)