Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My Guide to level 51 and 56 bear

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    384 Posts

Default My Guide to level 51 and 56 bear

I am creating a guide on my favorite levels for Bears. I haven’t done a guide like this before so I would appreciate any tips and feedback would be appreciated.

Level 51

Stats: First off are the stats. I used 108 in strength and then all the rest of the skill points in dexterity. You could also do full strength or full dexterity but they aren’t as good and I wouldn’t recommend for strength at full has low hit percentage and full dexterity is squishier. I have seen intelligence bears also. If you decide to go intelligence I would use the same builds and stuff shown below but using the Mega Mage Gemstone Wand or Gemstone Staff sets.

Gear: There are two different strength sets that are used. One is Full level 51 Fury Fighter set. The other one which I prefer and is recommended is a hybrid between two sets. It is Royal Sewer helm and Royal Sewer armor with Fury Fighter sword (1 handed one) with Fury Fighters shield.
    There are also different dexterity sets. There is full Raid Roach Recurve set, and full Sewer King set. Those two are okay however I recommend going with a strength/dexterity hybrid set. One is a Royal Sewer helm with Royal Sewer armor and Raid Roach Recurve. Also you can take the same helm and armor but instead of Raid Roach you can use a Sewer King Bow. If you want better hit percent and critical hits go with Raid Roach Recurve. For mana regen use Sewer King Bow which I used and recommend since with Raid Roach you get no mana regen at all and with Sewer King you get 7 regen.

Note: For both dexterity and strength I highly recommend the hybrid sets as they work best.

Skills: 6 Rage, 6 Evasion, 6 Iron Blood, 6 Taunt, 6 Beckon, 4 Stomp, 6 Crushing Blow, 6 Hell Scream, 1 Vengeful Slash, 2 Super Mega Slash, 1 crippling slash. This is what I used but really as long as all your buffs (Rage, Evasion, Iron Blood, and Taunt) are maxed and your debuffs (Crushing Blow and Hell Scream) are also maxed then you should do fine and the rest is up to you.

Combo: The combo I used were the skills in this order: All Buffs first, Beckon, Hell Scream, Crushing Blow, Super Mega Slash, Crippling Slash, Stomp, Vengeful Slash.

Note: Taunt stacks so keep using it when you can for max dodge.

Level 56: I prefer level 51 over 56 but this is another level I did.

Stats: 128 strength and the rest in dexterity.

Gear: Strongman’s Glyph Mace set or the cheaper Glyph Big Top Mace set. A mix of royal sewer helm and armor with the glyph big top shield and mace is a cheaper route but gives up a lot of damage but adds 10 dodge. I prefer the strongman’s set because of the set bonus it has but people say big top is better. I did better with strongman but others say different. Strongman has better armor, damage, and regen while big top has dodge and hit percent. A bear can also work with Glyph Obedience Xbow set or Glyph Charmin Wand Set.

Skills: I use 6 Rage, 6 evasion, 6 Iron Blood, 6 Taunt, 6 Hell Scream, 6 Crushing Blow, 6 Stomp, 6 Super Mega Slash, 3 Beckon, 3 Vengeful slash, 1 Crippling Slash.

Combo: My combo is in this order: All buffs first, Beckon, Hell Scream, Stomp, Crushing Blow, Super Mega Slash, Vengeful Slash, and Crippling Sla

EDIT 9/26/2013: New!!! A second build!
    6 rage, 6 evade, 6 iron blood, 6 taunt, 5 beckon, 4 stomp, 6 super mega slash, 3 vengeful slash, 1 crippling slash. Uses same combo as the one above for level 56. I created this for those of you who don't like the idea of low beckon.
    Last edited by programmed; 08-25-2014 at 07:50 AM.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to programmed For This Useful Post:

Forum Legend
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    401 Posts

+1
    Nice guide!
    You sticking to AL?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    365 Posts

nice, sad to see you go
    nothing lasts forever

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    384 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by InternalNinja View Post
    +1
    Nice guide!
    You sticking to AL?
    No in the last part of the guide I said I have to quit for things going on in real life. I have to look at college, help on the farm more, etc. And its just too much with the gaming also, so I am quitting. I will be back after things settle down IRL. I wont be in game but occasionally on forums.
    Last edited by programmed; 06-09-2013 at 06:17 AM.

Programmed-Level 85 mage, Praktica-Level 85 rhino

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    53 Posts

I saw u in game yesterday in balefort
    AL: BAT~HAM 0_O

Forum Legend
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    401 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TheScaryBeary View Post
    No in the last part of the guide I said I have to quit for things going on in real life. I have to look at college, help on the farm more, etc. And its just too much with the gaming also, so I am quitting. I will be back after things settle down IRL. I wont be in game but occasionally on forums.
    Well, you gotta do what you gotta do.
    Cya dude!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Nice guide, but imo you should hs then cb because cb has such low range, do it while they're close. Not bombing you, just a suggestion

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    384 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Iamlvl View Post
    Nice guide, but imo you should hs then cb because cb has such low range, do it while they're close. Not bombing you, just a suggestion
    Yes that's how my original combo was when I first started. This posted one I found to be more effective sometimes. Yours does work though also.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    366 Posts

3 beckon o_O?

If practice makes perfect and perfection is impossible, why practice?
    Oh, wait... No need to practice. iHax.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Noodleleg For This Useful Post:

The Castle That Never Was, with my Shadowstar and Eternal Frost, also with Ebonine.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    368 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Noodleleg View Post
    3 beckon o_O?
    ikr (O_O)

All for One, and One for All!
    The Brightest of Flames..cast the Darkest of Shadows..
    One who knows nothing cannot understand anything..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    384 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Noodleleg View Post
    3 beckon o_O?
    I originally had stomp and beckon opposite (stomp 3, beckon 6) and it DID work also but I changed when I went 56. I remembered at 23 I was taught low beckon with high stomp. I never used it at that time but I decided to try it at 56. It seemed to be better. Birds kite you easy but that's no problem since you are a bear, thus able to tank them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    366 Posts

I originally had stomp and beckon opposite (stomp 3, beckon 6) and it DID work also but I changed when I went 56. I remembered at 23 I was taught low beckon with high stomp. I never used it at that time but I decided to try it at 56. It seemed to be better. Birds kite you easy but that's no problem since you are a bear, thus able to tank them.
    You can try to tank, but good birds will kill you easily. All they need to do is kite you once and you're done. Maybe the birds you've been fighting are bad at kiting o_O...

If practice makes perfect and perfection is impossible, why practice?
    Oh, wait... No need to practice. iHax.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    384 Posts

Obe birds have long range kites. Just beckon and stomp. Even with 3 beckon you have 12m range. That's enough to get them to 8m for stomp to hit. That creates a stun allowing you to get close enough for slashes to hit, finishing their kite and killing them. It work vs 61s and most birds I fought. At 51 birds cant kite as well with the shorter range plus they aren't as good as at 56. I understand you may feel different about this way to vs birds but for me it has always worked well.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    189 Posts

Obe birds have long range kites. Just beckon and stomp. Even with 3 beckon you have 12m range. That's enough to get them to 8m for stomp to hit. That creates a stun allowing you to get close enough for slashes to hit, finishing their kite and killing them. It work vs 61s and most birds I fought. At 51 birds cant kite as well with the shorter range plus they aren't as good as at 56. I understand you may feel different about this way to vs birds but for me it has always worked well.
    IMO a bear shouldnt rely on both, beckon and stomp, to hit. If birds dodge your stomp and hit their roots you would be a sitting duck at 8m. Smart birds could also repulse quickly after your beckon causing you to be out of range for stomp and then close in and combo while beckon and stomp are in cooldown. And a good mage will heal the stun off right away and also proceed to kite you at 8-12m.
    If you have 6 beckon you can pull them right on top of you so you can use slashes and arent dependent on one single skill hitting. Getting in a crushing blow can often determine the whole fight since its cooldown is shorter than its effect, so their dodge and damage is staying very low. You will have a hard time hitting it against birds, mages and dexbears with such a weak pull.

Just my PoV, maybe I just have a different playstyle and it works well for you, but I assume there to be many difficulties when fighting a good kiter.
    OneRandomNoob - 76 meatshield | Gaunab - 76 dodgenub

The Castle That Never Was, with my Shadowstar and Eternal Frost, also with Ebonine.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    368 Posts

^this
    I usually start off with beckon, then SMS, OR cripp, as it will root them.

All for One, and One for All!
    The Brightest of Flames..cast the Darkest of Shadows..
    One who knows nothing cannot understand anything..

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Caiahar For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    384 Posts

I created this thread to help people wanting to do 51 or 56 bear. I wasn't looking to be complained at. I understand everyone has their own styles of play and mines different. Although it may not work for you it works for me. To be honest, when I was taught 56 and was told low beckon with high stomp I didn't believe it would work vs kites. But it did work and that is how I have played since then. If you feel different that's fine. Its your opinion and I respect that.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    365 Posts

Im makin a 51 now!!!!!

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    615 Posts

I created this thread to help people wanting to do 51 or 56 bear. I wasn't looking to be complained at. I understand everyone has their own styles of play and mines different. Although it may not work for you it works for me. To be honest, when I was taught 56 and was told low beckon with high stomp I didn't believe it would work vs kites. But it did work and that is how I have played since then. If you feel different that's fine. Its your opinion and I respect that.
    We aren't trying to complain, we are just trying to help.

Guardian of Alterra CrimsonTider's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    904 Posts

1. You need to understand when you post a thread/guide, it will always be open for discussion. These are forums and it's what people do: Discuss. Nothing personal, just people trying to add to the discussion. You have actually seen a lot of positive feedback, so need to be upset.

2. The same argument you make for beckon can be made against your use of (3) in two of you slashes. In each slash, a level gained only provides approximately 10 damage. If beckon does land and you cannot pull hard enough to allow the slashes to hit (as they only have 3-4m range), then that minimal, extra damage in them is useless.

3. I always have used 1 point in Restore. Yes, 10-15 health isn't much, but +5 h/s can be crucial, and very effective, if timed correctly.
    CrimsonTider::Astuteness::Crim::CrimzonTider::IBec kon::Houndstooth
    WreckzNEffect::Intuitive::Kinesiology::Crimagical: :Killtastrophe::SsgtSlaughter::Transfixion
    Arrownaut::Crimtacular::Funkdified::CrimJr

23. The Following User Says Thank You to CrimsonTider For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

mmm its using 51 fury axe a bad idea?