Thread: Solution to FFA or Organized Fights in PvP!

Guardian of Alterra Chickenrunnn's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    177 Posts

Default Solution to FFA or Organized Fights in PvP!

Hello there!

Nowadays, PvP is suffering from an awful disease, making many pvpers leaving game, due to different fates about the way we should be fighting.

Just yesterday, one of my best friends told me "I'm really bored of rushers, I think I'll just leave the game, I regreat old days when we could pvp peacefully without fearing to get his kdr ruined by some random players rushing and teaming, erasing our fun".
    Since I don't want him to leave the game, and since I keep seeing, on forums, people complaining and wondering the PvP should be played, I thought about a solution - which may have been mentioned already - to deal with PvP problems and making everyone happy.

Solution :

1) Make a new Campaign called "Campaign Arenas (FFA)" and rename the actual one "Campaign Arenas (OF (organized fights))"
    2) In the "Campaign Arenas (FFA)", duplicate "Campaign Arenas (OF)" maps.
    3) In "Campaign Arenas (OF)", make a new system which makes that you have to
    * Click on the person you wanna defy
    * The person that you clicked on receives a mesasge "X defies you! Do you accept the fight?" "Yes No"
    * If he clicks on *yes*, the fight can start, and the damage can be taken, if he clicks on *No*, the match can't start, and no damage can be inflicted to the opponent.
    Note that if you wanna play 2 vs 1 or 2 vs 2 etc.., people you clicked on just have to accept to be able to make damage.
    * Once you die, you can't make damage when you revive back.
    * Maybe make like a live pannel where you see who has accepted fights or refused, and where you can cancel or accept fights.
    * In "Campaign Arenas (FFA)", just don't do anything, let it the way it is right now

Positive Aspects of that solution :

1) No more rage, hate, insults, and forums questions about that recurring problem,
    2) Rushers are happy, they can play FFA together,
    3) People who wants to OF can play in peace, and train without being paranoiac, wondering if the guy standing close to him is going to rush him for no reason
    4) Increase the status of ALL pvp levels, giving new game play.
    5) Way more enjoyable PvP moments for everyone
    6) Maybe retired pvpers come back.
    7) No more teaming people that you call "noobs"
    8) No more picking on newest players who don't know how to pvp, and no more "free killing" them, ruining their all-new kdr.

___

Negative points of that solution :

I really don't see many negative points.. Maybe,

1) New content and new programming to be made by devs..
    However, look, wouldn't it be nice if old players come back, if there won't be anymore problem and complain on forums about FFA or OF fights. Moreover, many players will enjoy the PvP game play as they used to be.
    2) Rushers would be really mad because they won't be able to rush poor innocent people anymore, boosting their kdr with unfair and poor sport fights. (is this truly a negative point..?)

Here is it!
    I hope it is a good idea. Constructive feedback and/or improvements to the solution would be greatly appreciated, because I know that my idea is far from being perfect..

Anyway, I hope you guys like it. Besides, I hope devs will be reading this, and that they will try to make it real, because a cure must be found to this disease.

Thx for reading, and I'm waiting for your suggestions (I'll edit post if I find awesome ideas )

Cya soon on PL guys !
    GUIDES : | Devs & Mods | PvP | CTF | CS | Promo Codes |

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Chickenrunnn For This Useful Post:

Tournament & Ladder Leader XghostzX's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

As always, great suggestion. It's unfortunate you aren't given the full credibility and support with these, because clearly you've taken a considerable amount of time to think these up and put them into an organized post. Soon, Chicken, your suggestions will come alive when AL's prime time comes to an end

4. The Following User Says Thank You to XghostzX For This Useful Post:

Sus

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    62 Posts

I love this idea chicken!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

Great idea :]
    Currahee

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Chickenrunnn View Post
    Hello there!

Nowadays, PvP is suffering from an awful disease, making many pvpers leaving game, due to different fates about the way we should be fighting.

Just yesterday, one of my best friends told me "I'm really bored of rushers, I think I'll just leave the game, I regreat old days when we could pvp peacefully without fearing to get his kdr ruined by some random players rushing and teaming, erasing our fun".
    Since I don't want him to leave the game, and since I keep seeing, on forums, people complaining and wondering the PvP should be played, I thought about a solution - which may have been mentioned already - to deal with PvP problems and making everyone happy.

Solution :

1) Make a new Campaign called "Campaign Arenas (FFA)" and rename the actual one "Campaign Arenas (OF (organized fights))"
    * The person that you clicked on receives a mesasge "X defies you! Do you accept the fight?" "Yes No"
    * If he clicks on *yes*, the fight can start, and the damage can be taken, if he clicks on *No*, the match can't start, and no damage can be inflicted to the opponent.
    Note that if you wanna play 2 vs 1 or 2 vs 2 etc.., people you clicked on just have to accept to be able to make damage.
    * Maybe make like a live pannel where you see who has accepted fights or refused, and where you can cancel or accept fights.
    * In "Campaign Arenas (FFA)", just don't do anything, let it the way it is right now

1) No more rage, hate, insults, and forums questions about that recurring problem,
    3) People who wants to OF can play in peace, and train without being paranoiac, wondering if the guy standing close to him is going to rush him for no reason
    8) No more picking on newest players who don't know how to pvp, and no more "free killing" them, ruining their all-new kdr.

___

However, look, wouldn't it be nice if old players come back, if there won't be anymore problem and complain on forums about FFA or OF fights. Moreover, many players will enjoy the PvP game play as they used to be.
    2) Rushers would be really mad because they won't be able to rush poor innocent people anymore, boosting their kdr with unfair and poor sport fights. (is this truly a negative point..?)

Here is it!
    I hope it is a good idea. Constructive feedback and/or improvements to the solution would be greatly appreciated, because I know that my idea is far from being perfect..

Anyway, I hope you guys like it. Besides, I hope devs will be reading this, and that they will try to make it real, because a cure must be found to this disease.

Thx for reading, and I'm waiting for your suggestions (I'll edit post if I find awesome ideas )

Cya soon on PL guys !

Nice idea :3 buuut the "campaign" is like another way to play? that you can fight in town or something like that?
    "I used to be an adventurer like you, then I took an arrow to the knee"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    177 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by virtuosjoker View Post
    Nice idea :3 buuut the "campaign" is like another way to play? that you can fight in town or something like that?
    No It's just another section of maps like Campaign of "Forest Haven", campaign of "Dark Forest", it's just another campaign page.. ^^

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    93 Posts

Truly awesomest suggestion Chicken. But I doubt that devs will realize that :/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    47 Posts

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Chickenrunnn View Post
    Hello there!

Solution :

___

Here is it!

Cya soon on PL guys !

I have one more suggestion to these "game modes" Maybe do a game called lone wolf where it's like pvp now where you can call,rush,2v2,3v3 just for the people who do like it now.
    I don't know just another suggestion to it.

"Never mess with a man that can end you, from a different zip code."-Sniper

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    313 Posts

Nice idea.

It's a shame that it has <.001% chance of being implemented.
    gf.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    177 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Walkhardd View Post
    Nice idea.

It's a shame that it has <.001% chance of being implemented.
    We need to cross fingers and hope

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

Another awesome idea trashed aside by AL...

Quality > quantity. Putting your eggs into one basket isn't good for business, but please StS, focus on your games to make them better than they already are instead of constantly making new ones to the point where you can't update them regularly. Kthxbai.
    Last edited by OverkillED; 06-21-2013 at 10:46 AM.