Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Timetells Low Level Bear PvP Guide

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Default Timetells Low Level Bear PvP Guide

I was asked by crazy amounts of people if I could teach them how I play. A lot of people don't like it when they play against me like this but the truth is I believe this is the way you should fight. The way other people want to fight is just run straight at each other and use your skills at the exact same time and whoever crits the most or dodges the most wins. Well if everyone is using the same equipment what's the point? We might as well have a coin flipping challenge where you choose heads or tails instead because it uses the same principles of luck. In this guide I will show you how I think the game should be played so I hope you guys enjoy.

Section 1- Equipment
    Section 2- Basics and Skills
    Section 3- Movement
    Section 4- Advantage and putting it all together

Name:  Timetells.png
Views: 2210
Size:  282.7 KB

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Equipment -

Okay lets get started with equipment. First of all the basic equipment you need as a low level dex bear ranging from level 10-15 is going to be "Level 10 Archer 4-Pack" found in the platinum store for 35 platinum. It gives stats and almost every decent dex bear you run across will be using at least the helmet of this platinum pack. If you see a level 10-13 using a talon, then they are using the talon found in this platinum pack. If you really are into low level pvp, you can try and get a full sniper's set which gives 1% more hit than jewels thief's. This is not required but can be the determining factor in a fight against other twinks. Moving on, if you are level 10-13 I would highly recommend you use expert rather than artisan or plat pack armor. Expert has a very high chance of critical hit and this is KEY to winning a fight. One more thing you need is a "Fine ring". This gives a great bonus and is great for a low level dex bear. Personally I use Fine platinum Band of Bravery which gives 9 Dmg and 1% Crit. For the shield it can go 2 ways, you can go the classic old school pvper way of using sniper's avian wing which is found in the Level 10 Archer 4-Pack as well or with Gruesome Evidence Bracer level 10 Pink. Although I'm not particularly happy about it giving 2% extra dodge it is very helpful in modern day pvping. You are also going to want a new face as faces give just a little bit of an extra bonus. I personally like the mecha face for the looks but 2% extra hit is very helpful as well. Last but not least is your stylish vanities. The helm is very good because it can give you 1 armor, the rest is usually for style. Here is a list of what you should have equipped.

Helmet - Sniper's Archery Cap or Jewel Thief's Archery Cap (Level 10) Pink
    Weapon - Sniper's Avian Talon or Jewel Thief's Avian Talon (Level 10) Pink
    Armor - Expert Reinforced Leather (Level 5) Pink
    Shield - Gruesome Evidence Bracer (Level 10) Pink
    Ring - Fine Platinum Band of Bravery (Level 10)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Basics and Skills -

Let's now move on to skills. My current build is 6 Rage, 3 Stomp, 1 Super Mega Slash, and 1 Vengeful Slash. This can vary depending on how you fight but as of right now I will show my exact way of playing Timetells. Lets get the distance down

Name:  3 stomp distance.png
Views: 1905
Size:  936.5 KB

This is the exact distance of 3 Stomp (which is 8m). Make sure you drill this image into your head as this probably the number one way of defeating your teammate. When you start a battle, you both say go (don't be one of those kids that say go 2ft away from someone and beat the crap out of them). First thing to be sure of is that when you are in Auto attack distance, make sure you have it on. During the fight be sure to constantly glance at your Auto attack to be sure it's on and attacking your opponent because you never want your enemy to have an advantage over you. When in range of your opponent be sure to use your skills in the following order Stomp -> Super Mega Slash. DO NOT USE YOUR OTHER SLASH AFTER YOUR FIRST ONE. A lot of people make this mistake and when they run over to the enemy, the enemy uses their slashes and can possibly win the fight. Depending on if you have an advantage over your enemy or not will determine if you chase them. If you do then be sure to use your skills in the following order if you get to your opponent quickly Vengeful Slash -> Super Mega Slash -> Stomp. If you both go flying back, then be sure to use Stomp -> Super Mega Slash again. These are the very Basic things you need to know about pvp with talon at low level.

Movement -

The next section I will explain will be movement. This is a great skill to have when you pvp as it causes panic and confusion to the enemy. First I will show you the range you SHOULD NOT be at when confronting an enemy for using your movement.

Name:  incorrect position.png
Views: 1852
Size:  203.7 KB

This is the CORRECT range you should be at to be able to cause confusion to your enemy and you are able to use your movement skills.

Name:  correct position.png
Views: 1781
Size:  205.4 KB

You should be able to run around that map freely without constantly looking at your opponent. The reason you do this is because you need to be able to know your distance AS WELL as the lag in the game. No matter how low your ping is, there will be a slight lag that will screw up your distances that you know when you and your enemy is standing still. This is why people complain about stomping ranges being wrong when it actually is not. This next picture is showing the slight lag of 2 different character screens.

Name:  Position display.png
Views: 1743
Size:  308.6 KB

These 2 images were taken at the exact same time using dual monitors. The first part of the image is showing my screen of Timetells and how he sees the enemy Dtony. The second image is showing Dtony's view on the map. If you look at the map you can see a line dividing the map. Use that as a reference and you will see that Dtony is slightly ahead of what the position Timetells sees him at and is closer to Timetells as well. Although this position seems very small, it actually affects the appeared range of people's stomp A LOT. Be aware of this when in a fight against an enemy. This leads into anticipation. Anticipation is 100% key to increasing your win percentage. What you need to do is anticipate when your enemy is going to get close to you to use his stomp. What you need to do is move in the opposite direction of where your opponent is for about half a second and then go towards your opponent. It will give off the appearance of you avoiding your opponents stomp while being in their range (make sure you anticipate correctly or it will be the same as you both stomping at the same time or your enemy stomping earlier than you). Then you simply use your combo Stomp -> Super mega slash and so forth (Explained in the Basics section). Please do not call this kiting as it is not. Kiting was a term made mainly for mages or other toons using crossbows. Kiting is just attacking from a distance while your enemy cannot attack and if they can attack then they shouldn't be able to use their skills if you are kiting.

Note : Be sure for 100% that you know your distances with lag before attempting this, otherwise you will be put at a huge disadvantage if you mess up.

Advantage and putting it all together -

This section is going to be very simple and short. While fighting your opponent using your new skills of movement, you want to fight for advantage. Advantage makes it so that you are almost completely in control of the fight, unless they just have a critical spasm attack and KO you in just 3-4 hits. When you avoid your opponents stomp, you are at the advantage if your stomp and super mega slash connect. The thing you need to be sure about is how much damage you did to your opponent. If you did anywhere above 300-350+ damage on your first stomp -> sms combo. Then more than likely you are going to want to keep the pressure on your opponent by running over to them and using your second slash and your first slash (While auto attacking as much as possible of course). If you have the advantage and don't think you did enough damage, then be sure to keep your distance and wait for your stomp to come back and repeat the process of avoiding the enemy's stomp. In the end you can have your own type of movement varying from twitching your character or to using your emotes before trying to gain advantage. It's completely up to you, in the end all that matters is that you get the kill and win the fight

Name:  Enjoy!.png
Views: 2112
Size:  357.1 KB

Hope you guys enjoyed and I wish you the best of luck in low level pvp. Feel free to contact me in game anytime ign - Timetells

Last note : Please stop saying gf after every fight. If someone lost a fight, it wasn't a good fight for them
    Last edited by Nutslammer; 07-13-2013 at 03:07 PM.

2. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Nutslammer For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts

I don't care how good your distance is. If i auto you 3 times with forg bow gf.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Entertaining View Post
    I don't care how good your distance is. If i auto you 3 times with forg bow gf.
    Talon more accurate and higher crit% ill gladly 1v1 a level 12 with fbow. They miss too much and tend to rely o the fbows power to do all the work for them.

The Castle That Never Was, with my Shadowstar and Eternal Frost, also with Ebonine.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    368 Posts

^True, lotsa just hope fb wins and usually spam skills.

All for One, and One for All!
    The Brightest of Flames..cast the Darkest of Shadows..
    One who knows nothing cannot understand anything..

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    788 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nutslammer
    Talon more accurate and higher crit% ill gladly 1v1 a level 12 with fbow. They miss too much and tend to rely o the fbows power to do all the work for them.
    I'm pretty sure Entertaining isn't one of those bears.

Anyways, nice guide, I like it :P

sitting on the toilet while killing ppl in pvp
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

So getting sniper is all % from archer lvl 10 pack?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    119 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TheBeastXD View Post
    So getting sniper is all % from archer lvl 10 pack?
    All Sniper gear = 1 more hit % than jewel thief gear.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Default Timetells Low Level Bear PvP Guide

Blch u barreled me

Forum Legend
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    401 Posts

Meh.
    You're to popular at the 10-17 community to quit.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by InternalNinja View Post
    Meh.
    You're to popular at the 10-17 community to quit.
    if u don't know timetells ur beginner of pvp

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    615 Posts

I'm beginner of pvp

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    788 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Autq
    if u don't know timetells ur beginner of pvp
    He... JUST said that he's popular... Meaning that.. He probably knows him...

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    788 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Autq
    Blch u barreled me
    If you're cussing all over the forums, ur beginner of forums. Good luck with the infraction.

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    615 Posts

Yeah, instead if you want to rage on the forums you should use stars. See? ****

Forum Legend
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    401 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Trenton View Post
    He... JUST said that he's popular... Meaning that.. He probably knows him...
    He taught me the ways of 12.
    Everyone knows him.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts

"the ways of 12," lmao, as if there is much to learn XD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Trenton View Post
    If you're cussing all over the forums, ur beginner of forums. Good luck with the infraction.
    who said BLCH is a cussing ?? Mm can't find it on dictionary

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by InternalNinja View Post
    He taught me the ways of 12.
    Everyone knows him.
    Not just for 12, but for low level pvp in general with bears. And guys I think he was jk when he said blch

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nutslammer View Post

Not just for 12, but for low level pvp in general with bears. And guys I think he was jk when he said blch
    people can't take a joke, and plus how does he know I'm cussing all around the forum, I'm getting creeped

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    615 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Autq View Post
    people can't take a joke, and plus how does he know I'm cussing all around the forum, I'm getting creeped
    Yeah, well you can't purposely use any misspellings instead of the actual word either, so...