Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: I feel ripped off by buying Grimm from stable

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Limitational View Post
    If you get a refund im done with this game rofl. I emailed STS the day of grims release because due to lack of a confirm button and my laggy tablet, the 30$ worth of plat i put into my account to last me the next month or two for elixirs mysteriously vanished and that stupid grim reaper is in my stable, What happens? I email STS explaining what happened, They basically told me its not there problem and they don't care, Cool story guys. Thanks for stealing 30$ from my pocket on a pet i had zero interest in.
    i recently downloaded a new game - thx free offers - and i accidentally pressed something and was like omg , noo, but then saw a confirm button asking me if im sure O:. I was shocked lol, but really nicely surprised. Everything that cost "money" there was a confirm button, "it will cost so much, r u sure?" Easy, i had the free will to choose..... So i explore the game as i wanted without a fear, bc i could decide from my free will what i want and what i dont.
    In sts games is always extremly cautious attitude, so i dont buy accidentaly what i dont want. And usually dont buy much then.

My friend ask me if its good to by Grim, and i told her to wait and see. Oh God im glad i said that to her. She didnt wasited so much plat. I fel sorry for the ones that did .
    Reminds me of SL and vular pets. Sts does same thing over and over.....
    Last edited by Uzii; 10-24-2013 at 05:42 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    561 Posts

wow, interesting topic..glad it was brought up..I haven't bought one yet..but I learned my lesson with R.O.V.E.R on SL. So Now I always wait before I buy something.

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=54483&dateline=131136  6901
    PL-Ghosts | SL-DL-AL- Ghost | SL-DL-AL-Octavos

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    403 Posts

I hope STS does the right thing here. This is no way to treat people who bought platinum to support the game. Also I feel they should have known better because this same issue came up with Nexus:

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...ighlight=nexus

And you can see in this post:

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...=1#post1005149

Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne View Post

Fair enough? Frankly, Nexus wasn't that much of a seller as a platinum only pet, so to add some interest to the new Mines, he was put there as a Rare drop. If you really feel bent about it, we're always happy to talk with you about your platinum purchases. Please drop us an email to support@spacetimestudios.com. We appreciate those who open their wallets to support our games and again, are always happy to talk with you about it.
    So they did this for Nexus, I feel like they should do the same with Grimm. This was not like 3 months later, it is one week later they released it as an egg. How can you do this to people who support the game?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to falmear For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    403 Posts

Also as a follow up to my last post Carapace says this:

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...=1#post1006246

Quote Originally Posted by Carapace View Post
    Before a rumor gets to spread there is no way under any circumstances that a Mythic purchase only pet is currently planned to become a drop after being a plat exclusive. We have a system wherein Mythic Pets have been defined as plat exclusive, and Arcane pets are extremely rare drops in locked Crates. This should be consistent moving forward into future content.

Legendary and Epic pets are in a gray area as they are all available through a multitude of areas. Nexus is by no means a common drop, and we have numerous pets that are purchasable with plat in addition to being farmed. Nexus has joined the other pets in that category.

If you feel the Nexus situation has treated you unfairly please contact our customer support and begin a dialogue with them, they may be able to help you out.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to falmear For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    322 Posts

I think the idea itself is awesome, if only it was implemented from the beginning and not a week or so after release

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    240 Posts

Well I feel very annoyed I got grim on 2 of my toons and my partner did also so that's 1k plat! To buy in a few days at a price of let's say 350k? Since lep is 150-180 these days yay another form of currency! ...not. I can now honestly say I will no longer be buying plat for pets and especially not locked crates as I am very disappointed so what's the point? and yes I would love a refund but that won't happen.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Emmacheese For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    240 Posts

:-/

Quote Originally Posted by falmear View Post
    Also as a follow up to my last post Carapace says this:

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...=1#post1006246
    Last edited by Emmacheese; 10-24-2013 at 06:17 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Sam,

I don't see an issue in returning the platinum. I mean, players already purchased the platinum... so y'all got the money either way. Might as well make the issue a non-issue by refunding those players who feel as they've been slighted.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Zeus For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Keikali is late to this party. He will come in and say you guys bought a vanity pet and it isnt supposed to be good and they had to justify it being mythic by giving it slags stats and other stuff, while I agree with that. What STS has done is wrong and they will need to do something to fix this. If they don't refund then they better do something else...
    Last edited by HeartlessR; 10-24-2013 at 06:18 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    651 Posts

It was a very surprising move by STS to make a mythic pet purchasable a week later with plat! Feel bad for those that bought!
    IGN: Kakashi <Deviant Misfits> - We run PVE!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    240 Posts

Don't get me wrong I love the fact my non plat spending friends can get a pet, it's just all very unbalanced, either side is going to feel cheated out of it. Things need a change that's for sure. :-(

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Emmacheese For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by HeartlessR View Post
    Keikali is late to this party. He will come in and say you guys bought a vanity pet and it isnt supposed to be good and they had to justify it being mythic by giving it slags stats and other stuff, while I agree with that. What STS has done is wrong and they will need to do something to fix this. If they don't refund then they better do something else...
    Kei checking in. Refunds? No why should you get it? If I didn't get it for a crappy pet I bought, why should you?

HOWEVER, I do not think STS should have released an egg version. This is completely unfair and STS SHOULD do something to justify what they did here.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by keikali View Post
    Kei checking in. Refunds? No why should you get it? If I didn't get it for a crappy pet I bought, why should you?

HOWEVER, I do not think STS should have released an egg version. This is completely unfair and STS SHOULD do something to justify what they did here.
    I disagree, Kei. It was a poor business move (as far as customer satisfaction goes) to release an expensive, stable-exclusive pet that everyone knows is limited-time and not give any mentioning to the fact it will be in egg form a week later. Not to mention, the reason behind putting Grimm into egg form is complete nonsense. One customer wanted to buy a birthday gift for a friend? Give me a break. Who was this customer who was so enticing, Barrack Obama?

If people want a refund so that they can buy Grimm with gold then they deserve it in this case. The money was already spent, like Apollo said. No one is losing out by granting refunds.
    Last edited by Taejo; 10-24-2013 at 06:49 PM.
    Geunin / Cheonje
    Proud Member of <Elite Runners>

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Taejo For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Taejo View Post
    I disagree, Kei. It was a poor business move (as far as customer satisfaction goes) to release an expensive, stable-exclusive pet that everyone knows is limited-time and not give any mentioning to the fact it will be in egg form a week later. Not to mention, the reason behind putting Grimm into egg form is complete nonsense. One customer wanted to buy a birthday gift for a friend? Give me a break. Who was this customer who was so enticing, Barrack Obama?

If people want a refund so that they can buy Grimm with gold then they deserve it in this case. The money was already spent, like Apollo said. No one is losing out by granting refunds.
    Before this issue arised, everyone wanted a refund because they were unhappy with the stun and now with this issue arising, everyone is hopping on the refund train.

As much as I agree that this was a VERY bad business move on their part, a refund for plat should not be allowed. The option of TURNING your Grimm back into an egg only ONE time like Falmear suggested is a great option. Because this weeds out all the people who had buyers remorse rather than those who are mad at this plat issue.
    Last edited by keikali; 10-24-2013 at 06:55 PM.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

i only can say great work STS for this. theys give a chance a ''non-money player'' to get a mytic pet great work bcus the people like me (can't make free offers) can get it too. i have no gold bcus i'm bored with farm but now i have a chance to buy a good pet with a cheap price bcus all the ''arcane'' are very expensive and i think is impossible for me to get it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

I also feel cheated. I have no problem having the pet available as an egg. My problem is making it available as an egg a week after it was plat only. U should have let us know from the start that it was going to be available in the auction house. Then we could have made the decision on whether to spend the plat or buy with gold.

I don't want to come across as raging but this is yet another example of not thinking things through all the way guys,

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

I support the turning your grim into a egg idea. Least then I can sell it or give it to somebody instead of letting him rot in my stable.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts

Before this issue arised, everyone wanted a refund because they were unhappy with the stun and now with this issue arising, everyone is hopping on the refund train.

As much as I agree that this was a VERY bad business move on their part, a refund for plat should not be allowed. The option of TURNING your Grimm back into an egg only ONE time like Falmear suggested is a great option. Because this weeds out all the people who had buyers remorse rather than those who are mad at this plat issue.
    The problem with that solution is the egg is vulnerable to the volatility of a free market. Who knows what price the egg will be at later on. I would much rather spend 250 plat on 62 luck elixirs for loot to earn gold than try and sell an egg at the best time for the best price. Not a fair trade-off in my opinion.
    Geunin / Cheonje
    Proud Member of <Elite Runners>

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Taejo For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Hi Kei,

I'm going to have to agree with Taejo and Apollo on this. This isn't an issue of an underperforming pet but rather what was announced as a stable-exclusive pet at a price of 250 plat. A week or so later it can then be purchased in egg form and then sold for gold?

Turning your Grimm back to an egg does not solve the problem. I don't want to speak for others, but like Emma said, most people would not have spent 250plat on a pet knowing it could simply be purchased as an egg with not much more gold than a plat->gold conversion.

I don't have an issue with future mythic pets being sold for plat as eggs as long as they are advertised as such, it does give non-plat players another option.

A refund solves this problem, it won't set precedent since it seems this was already done for Nexus, which wasn't even a mythic pet.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    231 Posts

I've never complained about Grimm's stats. I have enjoyed my Grimm. Yes, there are some issues with him but I have not once complained about it and have happily been leveling him when I get a chance to do xp runs. I am not jumping on the refund train due to underperformance. I am jumping on the refund train because of the poor business decision that was made to placate ONE customer. I have complained in the past about other decisions by STG but I tend to not get irrationally upset and can shrug things off. If something bothers me too much I just find other ways to enjoy the game that doesn't involve having to use or do the thing that bothers me (thrashers in PL, for example, and only doing non potted runs or playing low level toons that don't need the thrasher). This, though, this just stinks.

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pandamoni For This Useful Post: