Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Nexus!?!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    98 Posts

Exclamation Nexus!?!

Is it true he is farmable?!?! If so where!?!

Duh
    AL: Tweekzcoffee | PL: Thestupidness
    AL GUIDES | Arcane & Mythic Items With Pics | Allies | Chests

The Castle That Never Was, with my Shadowstar and Eternal Frost, also with Ebonine.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    368 Posts

Nope he isnt.

All for One, and One for All!
    The Brightest of Flames..cast the Darkest of Shadows..
    One who knows nothing cannot understand anything..

3.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #3
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

Yes, Nexus is a rare egg drop in the two new maps (maybe only the elite version, I'm not sure). He's like several other pets that if you want you can purchase from the Stable directly or you can try to get him from play. He is pretty rare as a drop.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Samhayne For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,020 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowstar View Post
    Nope he isnt.
    Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne View Post
    Yes, Nexus is a rare egg drop in the two new maps (maybe only the elite version, I'm not sure). He's like several other pets that if you want you can purchase from the Stable directly or you can try to get him from play. He is pretty rare as a drop.
    Lol^

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    98 Posts

Thanks... but would you mind putting that in update description? Does to help confusion...

Duh
    AL: Tweekzcoffee | PL: Thestupidness
    AL GUIDES | Arcane & Mythic Items With Pics | Allies | Chests

The Castle That Never Was, with my Shadowstar and Eternal Frost, also with Ebonine.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    368 Posts

Wow...I had no idea nexus became farmable in update..

8.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #7
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lalarie View Post
    Thanks... but would you mind putting that in update description? Does to help confusion...
    Check the description in the Stable?
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

9.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #8
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    875 Posts

To clarify Nexus is a rare drop from the Kraken Mines maps. All three are eligible for the drop.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Carapace For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

I have no problem with pets that can be purchased for plat or can be farmed, but you seem to have a habit of listing pets as "plat exclusive" in the stable and then changing them to be drops later on.

As a general philosophy I do not buy anything for plat that I can get in game for gold, so this makes me more hesitant to purchase plat pets in the future. So far this has happened to me with both Frost and now Nexus. I think in the future I may just wait as it seems all pets eventually become drops.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Energizeric For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    368 Posts

Yeah, ive heard rumors ripmaw is in elite chests.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    161 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    I have no problem with pets that can be purchased for plat or can be farmed, but you seem to have a habit of listing pets as "plat exclusive" in the stable and then changing them to be drops later on.

As a general philosophy I do not buy anything for plat that I can get in game for gold, so this makes me more hesitant to purchase plat pets in the future. So far this has happened to me with both Frost and now Nexus. I think in the future I may just wait as it seems all pets eventually become drops.
    I'm in the same boat...
    But honestly STS this was not needed at all & it's not like players were demanding the "plat exlusive" pets be farmable as players were very understanding
    If anything it'll hurt your plat sales and gives players another reason to not purchase current/future plat exclusive pets

15. The Following User Says Thank You to gundamsone For This Useful Post:

Lady_Pebbles

wth? I had to pay plat to get Nexus now players can get em for free?! Then make Hammerjaw droppable from a boss and not from crates. -.-

Last edited by Samhayne; 03-12-2013 at 09:49 PM.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Lady_Pebbles For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Darn I bought him with platinum!!!

19.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #14
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post

Hi Energizeric,

I can well understand your feelings. To draw an analogy, let's say I purchase a high ticket item from a store. I use it and enjoy it. 3 months later I see the same item on sale for a really really low price compared to the full price I paid for it. There might be some buyer's remorse. However, I've had the use of that item for all this time and have enjoyed it.

Fair enough? Frankly, Nexus wasn't that much of a seller as a platinum only pet, so to add some interest to the new Mines, he was put there as a Rare drop. If you really feel bent about it, we're always happy to talk with you about your platinum purchases. Please drop us an email to support@spacetimestudios.com. We appreciate those who open their wallets to support our games and again, are always happy to talk with you about it.

Respectfully yours,
    Samhayne
    | | | |

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Hi Energizeric,

I can well understand your feelings. To draw an analogy, let's say I purchase a high ticket item from a store. I use it and enjoy it. 3 months later I see the same item on sale for a really really low price compared to the full price I paid for it. There might be some buyer's remorse. However, I've had the use of that item for all this time and have enjoyed it.

Fair enough? Frankly, Nexus wasn't that much of a seller as a platinum only pet, so to add some interest to the new Mines, he was put there as a Rare drop. If you really feel bent about it, we're always happy to talk with you about your platinum purchases. Please drop us an email to support@spacetimestudios.com. We appreciate those who open their wallets to support our games and again, are always happy to talk with you about it.

Respectfully yours,
    Samhayne
    Hi Sam, I'm not going to ask for my money back on this one as it wasn't very expensive. Perhaps the team should think about changing the description of certain pets to read "Currently available only as a plat exclusive pet" or something to indicate this could change in the future.

If you remember after this happened with Frost, we made a thread to ask you if this could also happen with Ripmaw and you said it absolutely would not. So perhaps there should be a difference in the description for those pets who will always be plat exclusive and those who may only initially be plat exclusive.

I don't really care so much about the plat. For me it is more about making the game a challenge. In PL everything came to me so fast and easy that I decided for AL I wanted to make things more of a challenge so I would feel that I earned it and not that I bought it. So I made certain rules for myself, and one of them is that I don't buy anything with plat that I can get in game by farming or by buying with gold, and that includes pets.

I do still buy plat and I use it to buy all the vanities as they become available, all plat exclusive pets, and I buy elixirs quite often. I just prefer not to spend plat on things I can achieve in other ways, even if that means my path is more difficult. More difficult = more playing time I will enjoy.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts

well ... im not buying any more plats again. good thing i wasnt tempted to buy more when ripmaw came out. who knows even that will be farmable in the future

also, is nexus really still not much of a plat seller nowadays when the beastmaster and the frog achievements were made available?

@samhayne: about opening a ticket. i did open a ticket before because i wanted to double check about frost but nobody ever replied back to me. im not sure when but that was when frost started coming out from klaas
    Last edited by chitgoks; 03-13-2013 at 01:29 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lady_Pebbles View Post

wth? I had to pay plat to get Nexus now players can get em for free?! Then make Hammerjaw droppable from a boss and not from crates. -.-

I also agree with her on this maybe up the chances on getting one from a crate and making it incredibly rare from bosses....that would boost sales ( plat for crates and reroll lix) and make players happier as it has a chance of being free from farming

Sent from my SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2
    ARCANE LEGENDS
    Grimreaper- RETIRED, Thegrimreaper-RETIRED, Stealyoursoul-RETIRED, Grimstwink-RETIRED
    RETIRED FOR GOOD!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Hi Energizeric,

While I agree with you Sam... I have to say. If I bought that high ticket item when it was advertised that I would only ever be able to get it at that price, but then later I see that it could be had for free, I'd still be upset.

I think players are pretty understanding. But if they are told its platinum exclusive, then it is not... naturally there will be some people upset.

AL: Rare (Rogue)/Common (Warrior)/Mythic (Sorcerer)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    315 Posts

I thought it was platinum exclusive.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

This made me mad, sucks wasting plats on things like this only to change in future. If they ever make ripmaw a drop i want my 250plats back and my nexus plats along with all the others u plan to do this with .I have right to complain and others as i am beastmaster and that takes time,money, and dedication to get especially now that prices are so high on eggs. Point is I could have waste my plats on something else then a pet ill never use. Could've saved plats for vanity instead and just bought the dumb egg.