Thread: Let us make elite run parties

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    58 Posts

Default Let us make elite run parties

Hello elite runners,

I have tried several guilds but there really is not one that would be a perfect fit.
    So let us make a group of elite runners across guilds, while we stay with our guild for casual play. Ideally we would make groups of 4 people who know each other well.

My personal goal is to *master* elite maps but I guess 1 successful run of each map for the achievements would be a good start.

If you want to join, especially if you can teach the rest of us how to run each map, please leave the following information:

Gear (low/pink/myth/full myth) (low is about 10k total, pink about 500k total, myth 3m+)
    Class and active skills, to allow for better matching.
    Most important, time when you are available. Please try to learn to use the global timezone, UTC. Convert your times to UTC here: http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html
    IGN and any alts which you use often.
    Experience running elites

Edit your post once you form a group to show that you are not currently available.
    Disclaimer: my lameness is figurative but strong

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    58 Posts

Gear: pink
    Class: Sorcerer (all INT), all 8 skills, on elites mostly fire, ice, clock, gale
    Time: 22-03 UTC + most weekends anytime
    IGN: MilanLameMan, also reachable via: MilanSlowMan, MilanWeakMan
    Experience: Ran Rook's Nest and LMM several times (thanks Alfai), done achievements until Bloodhammer the Return (excluded). Cannot solo.

Senior Member TheMightyFeusalet's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    56 Posts

Well i have an idea i have still a guil with no online players on an acc from me, we can make a guild that focus on elite runs, i have a gh to and it is called warriors of eternity

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

There is already such a guild and it's name is Elite Runners 😉
    Just join it if you want to focus on elite maps.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    56 Posts

I know but they realy only focus on farming and i want tohelp peeps

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    528 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TheMightyFeusalet View Post
    I know but they realy only focus on farming and i want tohelp peeps
    False, Elite Runners split into two guilds. The segment still known as "Elite Runners" has become a training center for any interested (within reason) in running elite; I would suggested any interested in learning how to run elite (strategies, builds, pets, gear, etc) look into Elite Runners.

There are several guilds that train you in running elite, or focus on farming it. However, I will reframe from naming them so that Elite Runners maintains the spot light in this thread. This said, please do scan through the guild threads in the "AL Guilds" sub forum and choose the one that best fits your needs, goals, and preferences.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Crowsfoot For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    56 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Crowsfoot View Post
    False, Elite Runners split into two guilds. The segment still known as "Elite Runners" has become a training center for any interested (within reason) in running elite; I would suggested any interested in learning how to run elite (strategies, builds, pets, gear, etc) look into Elite Runners.

There are several guilds that train you in running elite, or focus on farming it. However, I will reframe from naming them so that Elite Runners maintains the spot light in this thread. This said, please do scan through the guild threads in the "AL Guilds" sub forum and choose the one that best fits your needs, goals, and preferences.
    Wel thx i will tr to get in elite runners but i dont see much peeps that are in that can yo give me a contact person

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    528 Posts

Wel thx i will tr to get in elite runners but i dont see much peeps that are in that can yo give me a contact person
    Try their guild thread, I am not a member.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    56 Posts

Try their guild thread, I am not a member.
    Lol, thats the problem i dont find it

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    528 Posts

Type "Elite Runners" into the thread search box. I found it in seconds.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    302 Posts

I am on now, hit me in the game buddy

KingMartin AKA Queenotshade
    GM at <Elite Runners>
    Sig: Courtesy of Bloodpack

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    58 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Milan Lame Man View Post
    So let us make a group of elite runners across guilds, while we stay with our guild
    Now this thread is a spectacular failure if I've ever seen one :-/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts

Class: sorcerer, All INT, have 7 skills, use fire, time shift, ice~changes to lightning when fighting the boss, heal/shield
    Time: UTC+8hours. Now it is 7:30am here in the Philippines, in UTC it is 23:30pm.
    IGN: Raymonddr
    Experience: Ran elite rook's nest several times because i want to get a malison pet. So far i havent gotten anything good...
    Also finished first and second map except antee then klutus onwards.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    528 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Raymond05 View Post
    Class: sorcerer, All INT, have 7 skills, use fire, time shift, ice~changes to lightning when fighting the boss, heal/shield
    Time: UTC+8hours. Now it is 7:30am here in the Philippines, in UTC it is 23:30pm.
    IGN: Raymonddr
    Experience: Ran elite rook's nest several times because i want to get a malison pet. So far i havent gotten anything good...
    Also finished first and second map except antee then klutus onwards.
    You said 7 skills but listed 6 (minor OCD issue to me, lol). However, I will give some tips based on what you said:

1) drop heal. Many mages who run elite will tell you that its a waste of points since it cuts you down to one attack skill (clock and shield are absolutely necessary).

2) I would suggest you use these skills: fire, ice, shield, clock. Using lightning as a fith skill is interesting and you should feel free to keep it. Just remember clock is your most powerful skill.

3) I am around the same time zone as many of the members in ER (Elite Runners), and it was unfortunately 7:30pm my time when you made that post :/ Hopefully you made a typo, otherwise you are on the exact other side of the world (ER had active members within +/- 5hrs EST when I was there).

4) don't give up on looting a malison buy a leprechaun pendant if you don't have and hope you get lucky. I would also suggest you try running elite Lost Mages Mines (LMM as they will say in guild chat) this map is fairly easy and drops snaggletooth and wrathjaw eggs (these eggs drop more often than malison, but definently as often as people would like).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    58 Posts

1) drop heal. Many mages who run elite will tell you that its a waste of points since it cuts you down to one attack skill (clock and shield are absolutely necessary).
    Not everyone can afford a respec. I missed 6 days on 3rd character, because I didn't have enough plat from free offers to start it. That's why we have many skills.

3) I am around the same time zone as many of the members in ER (Elite Runners), and it was unfortunately 7:30pm my time when you made that post :/ Hopefully you made a typo, otherwise you are on the exact other side of the world (ER had active members within +/- 5hrs EST when I was there).
    Timezone is OK but I play late night while many people play in the morning or afternoon. It is better to specify when you are available. I am afraid I can meet Raymond only on weekends.
    Does "+/-5hrs EST" mean "around 22:00 UTC"? Or "00:00 +-5 hours UTC"? Please, try to be more clear.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts

Oh sorry about that minor mistake. My seventh skill is curse which i use in pvp. I don't like using curse in elites because it only lasts a few seconds and doesn't "hit"/occur to a lot of enemies.

About the heal- many players that i meet in elite rooks nest are always saying that i should keep refilling their mana. I also use the heal for my advantage too sometimes when i have 30% health and 10% mana i use heal and my health becomes 90-100% and mana becomes 20-25% i think. But if it is really doesn't help in pve and pvp i would not mind dropping it and using gale instead for speed. What can you recommend/advice me using, Crowsfoot?

I am using the build that you said: fire, ice~change to lightning in boss, time shift and shield. I use the heal when players say so. I wouldn't argue with them saying that they should use their own pots because my heal also benefits me. But again if you can further explain to me why i should drop heal and choose gale or put some points into passives, i wouldn't hesitate to drop it. By the way i am using 5/5 INT and 5/5 STRENGTH as passives.

I am not wrong in saying that it was 7:30am when i posted my reply. So yes, i am exactly at the other side of the world. )) now it is 3:15pm here in the Philippines.

I will really not give up looting malison because i really want it. I wouldn't stop until i get it. I already have a lepre. It is just that i have really really bad luck. can i add you ingame? Is crowsfoot your IGN? Thank you very much for the tips that you said.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts

Oh i forgot to say that i online morning until evening but have intervals because i have to rest my ipad. I am online everyday until november 10 because it is our sembreak here in the Philippines. november 11 onwards until the christmas break, i wouldn't be much online because i have to focus in my studies so it would be better if i could finish the elites until november 10. Oh i also want some help in defeating inan normal enraged and do the hauntlet 90sec. I want to get those achievements too. If it's ok with you guys. Thank you very much.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    302 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Milan Lame Man View Post
    Now this thread is a spectacular failure if I've ever seen one :-/
    Milan, I think it's because

1) experienced officers usually run with their guildmates (at least it is a rule in our guild) and also

2) more and more experienced players have all the gear and arcane pets that usual player can only dream of. As they have all PvE APs too they concentrate on PvP APs. There is nothing wrong with it.

I don't want to make advertisement for our guild here, but we still concentrate on elite runs as long as those elite maps exist. Farming is not primarily our vision and mission and you will hardly find us farming the same boring map over and over.

I know that your friend joined yesterday, so take feedback from him

Sadly, the hunt for Halloween quests takes some time for all the members (because we all have alts, too) but it will be over soon. I still can't assess how the upcoming system of crafting and upgrading will influence the attractiveness of elite maps. Time will tell.

But, Elite maps is what we do and will do as long as they exist

KingMartin AKA Queenotshade
    GM at <Elite Runners>
    Sig: Courtesy of Bloodpack