Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Crafting Initial Thoughts Feedback Thread

1.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #1
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

Default Crafting Initial Thoughts Feedback Thread

New Crafting and Upgrade System Coming in November to Arcane Legends

Please keep in mind that the Crafting and Upgrade systems are currently work-in-progress. As such, things are subject to change from what is outlined below.

Arcane Legends will be turning 1 year old in November. What better way to celebrate than with two awesome new game systems: Crafting and Upgrading!

If you are looking for the Feedback Thread for Upgrades, please go here: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...eedback-Thread

Name:  craft.png
Views: 1678
Size:  15.0 KB

Crafting:

The Crafting System will allow you to create different, powerful Gems that you can then socket into your gear to improve their statistics. Initial Gem recipes include:

Name:  recipes.png
Views: 1729
Size:  99.2 KB

In order to create a Gem, you will need to either gather 10 Essences or purchase them from the Store. Essences drop from most opponents, chests and breakables (like barrels and boxes). They are Epic rarity items and somewhat rare to come across.

Name:  crafting-items.png
Views: 1741
Size:  74.7 KB

Essences are magical in nature and bind their energy to the person who holds them. As such, Essences are not tradeable. Once you condense 10 Essences to form a Gem, you can trade the Gem or sell the Gem on the Consignment Shoppe to other players.

The process of condensing 10 Essences into a Gem takes time. It takes 8 hours to create 1 Gem. You can have up to 5 total crafts or upgrades in progress at any one time on any one character.

This is the first use of this new Crafting System. There is a lot of room for future expansion. The Arcane Legends Development Team is excited to use this new system to create compelling new content over the coming months for you.

We look forward to your thoughts and feedback regarding these new systems. We anticipate that the system will go live in mid to late November.
    Last edited by Samhayne; 10-30-2013 at 12:52 PM.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Samhayne For This Useful Post:

Guardian of Alterra FluffNStuff's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

Should have read this FIRST, but AWESOME!!!!

The Hundred Acre Legends:
    HunnySniper - HunnyStorm
    Please Fill out the End Game Pet Survey!|||||| What's With that Shield Icon?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    403 Posts

I don't know if its fair but people who use a lot of plat have 2 advantages. One they can purchase the essences from the store to make gems then sell them in CS. You say they are epic in rarity, but so is an elite golden puzzle box. Yet this is way more rare then any other epic. In my mind epic rarity is very common. So saying its epic doesn't tell me anything because as we have seen so many times the color/rarity of an item doesn't matter as to how rare it is. Next they can manufacture weapons faster by spending plat by not waiting overnight. This isn't such a huge advantage because this is a matter of time. But if everyone wants a superior bonded weapon, then the plat player can just keep spending plat trying and retrying until this happens. Non-plat player has to keep waiting. So here are the advantages for the plat player:

1) Can manufacture gems from the store and sell them in CS
    2) Can manufacture superior bonded weapons and sell them in CS

So in my mind this is not very fair. I get you pay plat to make life easier, or take less time to do stuff. But I think this is too much of an extreme. Already we see a lot of people buying vanities, eggs, and amulets and converting these to gold by selling them in CS. I am not against this since it makes them available to more people. But this is too much of an advantage in my opinion for crafting and upgrading. You should cut the time down to half in the upgrade system. As for buying essences, I guess this depends on how expensive they are in the store or how "rare" they are to be found. Also its not clear by what you posted if the manufacturing of gems can be sped up by spending plat. This is a serious and obvious omission. I am glad I have been hording my plat and not opening locked because if this goes through as is, I will use most of it to make gems and manufacture weapons. I don't see why someone would bother to farm when you can buy a weapon in CS, upgrade it with plat and turn it around for a big profit.

5. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to falmear For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    528 Posts

Can I put all of the same gem in each of my upgrade slots? Aka: can I use three blood gems on a single glaive?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Very neat sts! I think you should make it so that you can lvl up in crafting and make more stones. Stones for stats and then some for special effects to add to weapon and another for unique sound effects. I believe it should be this way bc the higher you lvl in crafting the more stones you can make and the higher you are the more you sell for. This is good also because then people will have something to do instead of just break barrels and kill mobs and bosses. Thatts the same thing weve been doing from day one. Make it in the way we have something to do new and active and keeps us away from just standing at peir also stated that a gem has a chance to be a super one when socked why not make it so when you max out crafting you can make those ggem and sell for big bucks! So that now non plat buyers and earn some money without popping crates. Please consider my thoughts and would like to here others thoughts! Thanks for reading

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    92 Posts

This looks awesome!! Maybe add gems with +5% speed boast, +5% xp gain and + 5% luck reroll? That would be cool!

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ninjasmurf For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    528 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ninjasmurf View Post
    This looks awesome!! Maybe add gems with +5% speed boast, +5% xp gain and + 5% luck reroll? That would be cool!
    More like OP. Put a luck gem on every item and you can now get a 40% luck reroll with just a leprechaun pendant. That's a new max of 95% reroll with a combo elixir (purchased) and a normal luck elixir.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Crowsfoot For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

cool ideas, but the 5% luck gems... naah
    WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
    .................................................. ................................Sig made by BeelzzeBob

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    92 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Crowsfoot View Post
    More like OP. Put a luck gem on every item and you can now get a 40% luck reroll with just a leprechaun pendant. That's a new max of 95% reroll with a combo elixir (purchased) and a normal luck elixir.
    Lol.. Maybe these can be for vanities?
    Or you can be limited to 1 luck gem per character

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Ninjasmurf For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    242 Posts

exciting!!! looking forward to this for sure. merchants are gonna love this update!
    ♥The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen
    or even touched they must be felt with the heart.♥

16.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #11
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    875 Posts

The system can be expanded in the future to do many things!

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Carapace For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

Nice stuff. Can't wait for this.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    151 Posts

Ok i love the idea of this crafting and upgrading system however it seems that this is going 2 increase the gap between the plat buyers from the non plat buyers even further than they already are. Seems to me Arcane legends will officially be a play to win game. Fantastic.....(sarcasm)
    Retired Officer
    Chivalrous Union
    AARRGGGGGG/ARCHANIST

20. The Following User Says Thank You to aarrgggggg For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts

Default Crafting Initial Thoughts Feedback Thread

Doesn't pl get anything

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

AWESOME IDEA!!! Great job guys!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Ang lupet!!!! Keep up the good work!!!

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by falmear View Post
    I don't know if its fair but people who use a lot of plat have 2 advantages. One they can purchase the essences from the store to make gems then sell them in CS. You say they are epic in rarity, but so is an elite golden puzzle box. Yet this is way more rare then any other epic. In my mind epic rarity is very common. So saying its epic doesn't tell me anything because as we have seen so many times the color/rarity of an item doesn't matter as to how rare it is. Next they can manufacture weapons faster by spending plat by not waiting overnight. This isn't such a huge advantage because this is a matter of time. But if everyone wants a superior bonded weapon, then the plat player can just keep spending plat trying and retrying until this happens. Non-plat player has to keep waiting. So here are the advantages for the plat player:

1) Can manufacture gems from the store and sell them in CS
    2) Can manufacture superior bonded weapons and sell them in CS

So in my mind this is not very fair. I get you pay plat to make life easier, or take less time to do stuff. But I think this is too much of an extreme. Already we see a lot of people buying vanities, eggs, and amulets and converting these to gold by selling them in CS. I am not against this since it makes them available to more people. But this is too much of an advantage in my opinion for crafting and upgrading. You should cut the time down to half in the upgrade system. As for buying essences, I guess this depends on how expensive they are in the store or how "rare" they are to be found. Also its not clear by what you posted if the manufacturing of gems can be sped up by spending plat. This is a serious and obvious omission. I am glad I have been hording my plat and not opening locked because if this goes through as is, I will use most of it to make gems and manufacture weapons. I don't see why someone would bother to farm when you can buy a weapon in CS, upgrade it with plat and turn it around for a big profit.

totally agree with u..

idk why theys all the ''new'' stuff need put platinum too. and not balance it for all user.. i know sts need make some money but come on man.. sts can do money and balance the game to the non-money players.

i know the money can give u ''advantage'' on games and make the game more easy. but u can balance it give. put the stone on the store and remove the time and the ''money user'' can buy it fast and we can craft it normal too..

theys have no time and 16 plats for me is to much but i know for the money players this is nothing and theys can buy 90$ on plat only to craft..

this expand the game but i think only on gems. why don't make armor and weapond crafting?

maybe u need to up the skill to (500 or more) and u can up only 1 to 500.. example u up crafting to armors to 500 u can't up weaponds crafting to 500 and accesory too.. only 499 and u can craft with the skill on 500 maybe another mytic armors and wep and accesory (with a % to fail the crafting and very hard)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

we are grateful for new development, however, in my personal opinion, i think this is not fair for all players in AL. the reasons i say " not fair for all" because use money to buy gems which leads into plat users or rich people will take control, powers and advantages on those who can't afford to get platinum to buy those gems.In addition, lets think about the battle , it will be less value of pvp, unbalance and its not gonna be fun like the way before, since most plat used players have good gears than other who don't have.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

I agree with all that has been said here. I was hoping for a crafting system like in PL. I agree that plat should be somewhat helpful, but it should not allow you to buy the entire thing. All that you are doing by making it that way is adding something tedious to the game -- now to compete you will be forced to upgrade all your weapons as everyone will have upgraded weapons.

This game seems to becoming less fun and more tedious as time goes on. What makes a game like this fun is to be able to strive to get something that very few others have. Players will play hours and days on end trying to achieve stuff like that. But when you add tasks into the game that are time consuming but easy to accomplish, all you do is make us get bored while doing this task that we must do because everyone else is doing it.

It seems to me that within a week everyone will have their weapons upgraded with 2 or 3 gems, and plat spenders will have loaded up the consignment shop with gems for sale. That hardly makes this interesting. What would be interesting is if these crafting items were very rare, and very few players upgraded their weapons. Then when you finally found enough essences to craft a gem, you would be holding a rather pricey item that you could either use or sell. Kind of like glyph steels in PL. How boring would PL have been if you could buy glyph steels for plat.

But fine, if you are going to sell essences/gems for plat, at least make them very expensive, a few hundred plat each. That way at least the price of these items keeps it interesting. Otherwise it just adds something tedious to the game without adding anything fun.

IMO a fully upgraded item should be worth considerably more than the base item. Kind of like in PL how a crafted demonic item is worth about 10 times its uncrafted glyph counterpart. On the other hand, if the gems are so common that the upgraded weapon is only worth a 10% premium, then that will make this entire system rather boring and uninteresting.
    Last edited by Energizeric; 10-30-2013 at 07:51 PM.

27. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Energizeric For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    I agree with all that has been said here. I was hoping for a crafting system like in PL. I agree that plat should be somewhat helpful, but it should not allow you to buy the entire thing. All that you are doing by making it that way is adding something tedious to the game -- now to compete you will be forced to upgrade all your weapons as everyone will have upgraded weapons.

This game seems to becoming less fun and more tedious as time goes on. What makes a game like this fun is to be able to strive to get something that very few others have. Players will play hours and days on end trying to achieve stuff like that. But when you add tasks into the game that are time consuming but easy to accomplish, all you do is make us get bored while doing this task that we must do because everyone else is doing it.

It seems to me that within a week everyone will have their weapons upgraded with 2 or 3 gems, and plat spenders will have loaded up the consignment shop with gems for sale. That hardly makes this interesting. What would be interesting is if these crafting items were very rare, and very few players upgraded their weapons. Then when you finally found enough essences to craft a gem, you would be holding a rather pricey item that you could either use or sell. Kind of like glyph steels in PL. How boring would PL have been if you could buy glyph steels for plat.

But fine, if you are going to sell essences/gems for plat, at least make them very expensive, a few hundred plat each. That way at least the price of these items keeps it interesting. Otherwise it just adds something tedious to the game without adding anything fun.

IMO a fully upgraded item should be worth considerably more than the base item. Kind of like in PL how a crafted demonic item is worth about 10 times its uncrafted glyph counterpart. On the other hand, if the gems are so common that the upgraded weapon is only worth a 10% premium, then that will make this entire system rather boring and uninteresting.
    i strongly support/ agree with your thoughts and i bet many players will have the feeling the same way as u thought