Quote Originally Posted by Drearivev View Post
Morholt answered your second question. Essences aren't tradeable, Gems are.
Your first question....Idk.
I would imagine the answer would be yes, we can.
It says first socket is 8 hours, while second and third take even longer.
As a guess (and for example usage), second socket takes 12 hours and third takes 16.
If you wish to add two gems at once, you are then waiting for 20 hours; 36 hours if you wish to do all 3 at once.

As it stands, though, based on the way the pictures are...it looks that you can't add a second gem DURING the socketing process of the first. It looks like if we are able to add multiple gems at a time, you have to do them together.

One odd issue with multi-gemming is platinum speed ups. With all 3 going at once, it should take 48 platinum to skip the wait. I'm sure some people may get antsy during the wait and at hour 25 wish to finish it with platinum. 36-28 hours left should cost the full 48 platinum; 27:59-16 hours left would be 32; and 15:59-0 hours left would be 16.

Of course, these are just my thoughts (based on the limited info & pictures given) on how to make the system smooth & effectively running.

Going to add: some of you should calm down. Gems are going to be worthless. At least the initial 3 types of gems. They are fairly easily found by even new players (essences, which are freely converted), and you can easily find them during your normal farming routines. Anyone who spends platinum on essences is truly donating to sts, as they aren't getting anything back (as the essences are pretty much worthless).
Gems will have a small value for about 3 days...5 tops. After one week, I can't see them being sold for more than 500 gold each. Everyone is going to have plenty for sale.
Wait until runes are implemented. Those will have cool things like +1% crit. And I suspect they won't be purchase-able. Specific monsters will have a small chance to drop specific runes.