Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hey Devs, Please Bring Back The Rush!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SoShaan View Post
    I was vary much against rushing, not for the rush part..
    but from all the good items being controlled by these groups who have the nerve to try and sell it to me for 850k.

Since 1.5
    I have found that with a good group ("good" being the word) clearing the mobs that stand in the direct path to the boss takes no time, and those should be the only ones necessary to spawn the bosses. All the halls that end with nothing, let the nubs clear for xp.

Or I propose that any locked rushing games be limited in drop types. Just giving huge amounts of money instead. Letting the (non rushed) get the good drops (cause they worked harder for them) Let the rushers come with the cash, to buy from the non rushers.

Personally I would be ok rushing for say 35k and little chance of getting good pinks, than I am not rushing, taking a huge amount of time just to get junk purps that I could never sell for 35k
    I think peoples are forced into rushing, because everything is so expensive and takes three times longer to find items you need without rushing. Then eventually, players just give up because it is too frustrating to play for two week and can’t find anything you need. Then, it will jack up the price even higher. As a result, less and less happier player…the way I see it.
    LvL 50 Int. Mage ---Sorcerers//LvL 50 str Bear---Haarrgorth
    LvL 50 Dex. Bird---Arrowoflegend

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

guys face it the rush sucked... you held a direction on a d-pad for 1 minute then button mashed for 30 seconds. now think about that, does it sound like fun?

rush- easier, no fun
    no rush - more challenging, more fun

if you only have a short time to play, then there's many other things you can do. pvp, selling items, and farming for on lower levels are still quick things to do. ao3 is best suited when you have some time on your hands.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yeah, actually there are more to the game than farming. But with players with limited game time, we would like to enjoy the game fully as well since we are paying for it. And able to find some nice items like everyone else, that's not too much to ask. You are right that rushing isn't fun, and without rushing price will go off the roof. Which means some players can never afford it, then eventually they will say "the xxxx with it" and play something else. Just my two cents.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

the devs should make a button when making a game to pick rush or no rush like check a box to rush or uncheck for no rush

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

well lemme explain better u check box to make bosses already respawned iin beginning or uncheck box to make it where have to kill all mobs to get to boss therefore everyone is happy

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

First of all, where are the Devs to comment on why they made the changes, if there's a thread or link,please let me know. As a paying customer, we should be able to play the game how we want, rush or no rush, it's up to us. Dev's should let us know why.

That said, Spacetime is really missing the boat here. The "nerf" of rush should have been accompanied by a slew of new, high lvl quests that yeild good rewards, not some item you are need to be lvl 50 to get but you can use at lvl 30(black ice weapons, thousand pelts/snowballs for example). This game get's you with the quests and game play up through lvl 35 or so, then the quests are gone and it's just gameplay, get cash, loot weapons. Dev's, add some high level quests that are appropriate for lvl 50 and yeild good rewards.

Also, add a mana regen effect to the mages party buffs, that will help them alot.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

I agree. The ao3 quests are WEAK -- 100 gold for killing a boss????

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Ehh, i usually dont disagree with you. but i have to on this one.

Example: Swamps

No one rushed, they COULDNT rush, if people had gear, it meant somthing. Most of us preferred to farm our own gear, as it was fun to have teamwork. IT TOOK SKILL

Ao2: Rushing really kicked off, the most id seen was in this period, no one cleared, it was get to 45 in 3 hrs, then suck at the game and rush.

Ao3: Void and and all that stuff, are so common to see, its ridiculous, even with the nerfed rush there are PLENTY of these out there, no need for people to say they cant find gear.

Summary: The myna gen was in effect, nerfed along with this update. Oldies have an advantage over You desert dwellers xD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

They should bring back the Rush! then all things will be normal again. The game is currently chaotic and uncontrollable. It even added Diablerie's death toll from 15 to 73! Wanna know why? cause lousy Bastet respawns just when my Buffs go off, this gets very frustrating. And twink, i never rush, i like clearing dungeons and having fun. I'll do rushing only once in awhile to add fun for the team

P/s: whats the Definition of "Myna Gen"?
    [FONT=garamond]I like Bears. Be jealous.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Keep the rush OFF. The grotesque exploitation of the player community by the few greedy JERKS is over thanks to the consignment shop and elimination of rushing. The game is BETTER without it. I am all for people having opinions and such but I have to throw some $.02 in here too.

Rushing was only good for the greedy people who think that the point of this game is to become play money millionaires at the expense of exploiting other players and trying to sucker people into used-car-salesman sales pitches. If they threaten to leave and then leave, so be it. Make sure the door doesn't hit you folks in the arses.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

You think it's better now that Wraith, power armor and cosmos robes can now only be found at absurd prices? And it's those same people who got rich before the update who are now making it next-to-impossible for other, not-so-lucky players to get equipment. Just take a quick look at the trader's forum for an example.

I think the end of the rush coupled with the consignment shop threw the whole economy into fritz. Now the common pinks are worthless and the most desirable rares are nearly impossible to find.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by shadywack View Post
    Keep the rush OFF. The grotesque exploitation of the player community by the few greedy JERKS is over thanks to the consignment shop and elimination of rushing. The game is BETTER without it. I am all for people having opinions and such but I have to throw some $.02 in here too.

Rushing was only good for the greedy people who think that the point of this game is to become play money millionaires at the expense of exploiting other players and trying to sucker people into used-car-salesman sales pitches. If they threaten to leave and then leave, so be it. Make sure the door doesn't hit you folks in the arses.
    I kinda agree with you, but is it possible to have the bosses NOT to spawn suddenly? its really frustrating me.

Quote Originally Posted by Lesrider View Post
    You think it's better now that Wraith, power armor and cosmos robes can now only be found at absurd prices? And it's those same people who got rich before the update who are now making it next-to-impossible for other, not-so-lucky players to get equipment. Just take a quick look at the trader's forum for an example.

I think the end of the rush coupled with the consignment shop threw the whole economy into fritz. Now the common pinks are worthless and the most desirable rares are nearly impossible to find.
    Agreed, but once everyone gets what they need, prices will drop due to over supply. But overall i agree that the Rush should be brought back. I usually realise games get boring because of too much updates, for example RuneScape, it was fun before they added so many new things to Members. and PL will be cool if it was like last time, plain cool and nice, just add more campaigns thats all. The more is not always the Merrier.
    Last edited by TheLaw; 11-11-2010 at 08:44 PM.
    [FONT=garamond]I like Bears. Be jealous.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thelaw, how long do you think it will take for everyone to get gears they need without Rushing? Took me a week rushing to get one piece of my armor, which is none-stop rushing OL for 2 hours each day with 5 mins run. That's 24 runs a day, and took me 168 times to get one piece of armor. Now without rushing, the avarage time to kill OL tripled to 15 mins.

At least, Dev. team should increase the drop rate if we cant rush anymore.
    Last edited by ArrowofLegend; 11-12-2010 at 09:50 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

The worst is the levels besides victory lap. I've been told by seasoned players that keeper and tpaxx in victory lap don't drop rare loot, only the ones in level 2 &'3 do. But we tried level 2 tpaxx last night -- it made us clear down to 14 aliens (we left someone waiting in the room to tell us exactly when he spawned)!!! It took so long to clear that board that we couldn't even keep a full team in there from beginning to end. Had at least 4-5 ppl swap before we were done. And them we all got junk. You think I'm ever going to try that again? This game has become a slow, boring chore without the rush. How can anyone who was used to rushing before actually like it this way? I haven't met many people in-game that do.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Yeah, that's fair. After all the money and time I've invested in it, I should leave just because I don't like the changes? I'm not the only one upset here, and we're all paying customers.
    Exactly, I paid cash, lots of it too. Now I should have some say in how I play. I don't expect the game to be built around me but this game is boring now. Its either I farm low lvl maps 24/7 to make the cash for gear. Or farm bosses and hope for a miracle.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

HELLO!

Go farm kiddo, nothings gonna go your way, adjust, learn to farm, have fun.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The worst is the levels besides victory lap. I've been told by seasoned players that keeper and tpaxx in victory lap don't drop rare loot, only the ones in level 2 &'3 do. But we tried level 2 tpaxx last night -- it made us clear down to 14 aliens (we left someone waiting in the room to tell us exactly when he spawned)!!! It took so long to clear that board that we couldn't even keep a full team in there from beginning to end. Had at least 4-5 ppl swap before we were done. And them we all got junk. You think I'm ever going to try that again? This game has become a slow, boring chore without the rush. How can anyone who was used to rushing before actually like it this way? I haven't met many people in-game that do.
    Then your team sucked balls.
    I just did 10+ runs, each run being under 5 minutes.

Setup:
    2 bird
    2 elf
    1 (doesnt matter)

All pot tank + damage pot (=3000 gp)

1 bird + 1 elf go north directly
    1 bird + 1 elf + 1 guy go to the right

arrive at t'paxx and pots have not run out! meaning run is <5 minutes.
    and t'paxx takes a maximum of 30 seconds to kill, with or without pots. he's a pussy.

About the cost of pots:
    I have calculated that you earn at least 1000 gp per run by just killing the monsters.
    I did not calculate the extra gp you get for selling all white/green/orange/purples dropped.
    The total sum of money earned, at the least, would be 2000 gp per run.

So your two pots only cost you 1000 gp per run!
    IGN 'xeraa'

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i was just in a party where we killed keeper in victory lap and a force wing dropped on a lucky fellow.... so keeper still does drop rares in victory... but what was scary was the amount of envy and abuse this player got from the other teamates which resulted in them quitting...although i'm still relatively new to the game and especially the forums, i'm not sure about the direction of a game which is beginning to incite such ugliness in its players. But sometimes how can you blame anyone? Farming for hours through mobs and having the rare drop to someone else can be demoralizing.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

i vote yes to rush, yes to nerfing the yellows, and YES TO MAKING PINKS RARER
    Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    That. Is. AWESOME!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts

My vote, if we got one, is to keep the rush nerfed. If rushers kept to their own groups and did their thing, I wouldn't complain about them, but they don't. In groups I was in they tried pressuring people who wanted to clear to go along with it. They whined and moaned and threw insults like confetti, finally leaving in a huff when they didn't get their way. Or they'd come into a group of lower level players, zoop past them and kill the boss. Not nice. That's what got me down on rushers and the rush.

As far as prices go, when farming was in its heyday, I wasn't exactly seeing Sunblessed bows going for 1000 gold. No matter what the supply, people will pay a high price to get an item. And honestly, you can play this game without being decked out in the rarest premium gear.
    Rauen Haikus' dex 60 sammich-maker; Grievousangel Haikus' 58 Mage/Butler, Jeffrey; Diffie Wounded's 55 drink-mixer; Ghazaal Noobmigo's 47 cheerleader. SL: Rauen, 36 Op & Bod's turkey baster; Yosinabe 36 Engi; Chedaka 36 Comm