Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Default Critical Changes!- Must See!

THIS THREAD IS UNDER HEAVY CONSTRUCTION

I, love this game alot.

but there are some changes that are critical to be made:

Please read all, it took me a LONG TIME to make this thread, and even longer to gather all the facts

Also, i would LOVE for quite a few devs to comment on this
    i hate to see most of my suggestion go unnoticed.

I. PvP Rewards
    II. PvP Changes
    III. The Crowding Money Problem
    VI. Guilds
    V. Use of Townes
    VI. Platinum Prices
    VII. Farewell to Pinks
    VIII. Potions
    IX. Chat
    X. Messaging
    XI. Pets
    XII. Low Level Leechers

XIII. World of Ruin (aka pvp p2)

I. Pvp rewards-

This is a MUST for all MMO's!
    for now, there is almost no point to pvp, except a break from grinding
    and this saddens me. all i do is pvp, but i never get a reward . im sure alot of other players feel the same

if pvp rewards were introduced into PL, we could go from 0-4 pvp games running for twinks/mains to 75-100 Pvp games running for twinks/mains.

Rewards?
    -Abilities
    -Vanities
    - PvP perks
    -Money Money Money! (see staking)

II. PvP Changes

-PvP needs a complete revamp.

1. "Always buffed"
    -don't you hate it when you buff and kill someone with a buff also and its a fair fight, and they respawn and run back to you, and you die. because your cooldown was too slow.

Solution? "unlimited buffs"
    this would mean what as soon as your buff times out, you can buff again with half the mana cost. (also, mages get fast mana shield cooldown 3x less)
    THIS WILL ONLY BE IN PVP, NOT PVE

this will benefit the people who are great at pvp and wont die because the other person had buffs when they didnt.

this will discourage running and kiting in some ways, because people will no longer have to wait frustrated for their buffs to come back so they can get back in action.

PVP MAPS
    - Forest fight and forest manor...sigh

are you sick of seeing forest fight and forest manor every game?
    i am.

SOLUTION: Quick Host
    -Whenever a person goes to host a pvp game, they have the option to "quick host" a PVP GAME (not pve)
    this would mean that there would be more of a variety of pvp games in the "join game" option.

STAKING

This is TONS of MMO's
    this is when you and another player duel, and whoever wins, get the items/money the other person risked
    -How this works-
    Player 1 duels Player 2
    player one puts up 100k for stake, and player 2 puts up 100k for his stake.
    they go to a custom map in 1 v 1, where it is the first-to 3 game, and whoever gets to 3 first, wins the other person's stake
    ex. player 2 wins, he recieves: his 100k and player 1's 100k stake.

RULES!

1. YOU CAN ONLY STAKE YOUR OWN CLASS
    this means:
    bears vs bears
    elfs vs elfs
    birds vs birds

STRICTLY

2. Level differences.
    - One can not stake anyone over 4 levels of them
    ex. a level 25 can stake a level 21, but not a level 20.
    a level 25 can stake a lv29, but not a level 30.
    (this prevents being OP by an entire campaign)

3. Maximun Stake.
    A player can only stake 2x in thousands of their maximum level.
    Ex. a level 55 can stake a maximum of 110k, while a level 25 can stake a max of 50k.

4. Location.
    All staking will take place in fathom crypt.
    why? it will give purpose to this ghost towne.
    When a player enters fathom crypt, they are able to recieve duel invites.
    as long as being able to do quests and see the vendor(s)? there.

5. How it works!
    - player1 invites player2.
    - *map screen*
    - both players must choose the same map in order for the stake to take place
    -*both accept*
    -* goes to duel screen*
    - (duel screen is basically where you put up your stakes, and both players accept, like they would do a trade.
    - *both accept*
    - redirects both players to a 1 v 1 map where spectators cannot join
    - the server waits 10 seconds for the duel to start, and they both duke it out
    - once a player dies, they have a max of 10 seconds to respawn, or else they auto-respawn.
    - this happens until one player reaches 3.
    - BOOM player 1 wins, and wins the spoils

6. YES I KNOW
    the devs arent in favor of staking, because its like "gambling"
    most successful MMO's have a form of staking, weather if it's pvp or dueling.
    Hopefully they will change their minds!

7. The solution! (this is for you, devs)
    - If the devs are uncertain if they should add staking, let them make a poll and let the community decide, but have them read this thread first, it will clear up ALL of their doubts.

Summary-
    this plan will make staking less likely for people to get scammed by people who are overpowered, or they didnt know what they got themselves into by staking 1M or more.
    +1,000,000 pretzels.

III. The crowding money problem

This explains it all.

DO YOU SEE THAT NUMBER (of coins) IN THE BOTTOM?

-confusing right?
    i cant tell my # of pots from my # of coins

-this is my suggestion:
    add commas between every 3 numbers

-Ex. i have 1,500,000 coins and the numbers are crowding up my screen
    turn the 1,500,000 into 1500K, meaning 1.5M

-honestly, i dont know anyone who would care if they cant see every last hunred of coins in their inventory if they have 100-1000k

-this would make scammer's jobs much harder, and it would just be good for the general players.

EDIT: they also use this in runescape, and is very helpful in turning a 11-digit number into a 5-digit number.
    e.g. 20,000,000,000 (20B) into 20,000M

VI. Guilds
    This is also a MUST in all MMO's!
    a developer mentioned the guild function would be released in 1.7, and im doubtful if it will ever come

all guilds (including AEO) are low in activity because there is no efficient way to talk to the other members of your guild

This must be added into guilds:
    /g ______

basically, like clan chat, where you type /g then message to send a message to all people in that chat

They probably (almost certain) they have plans for guilds, but nothing in perfect on release.

V. Use of Townes

so heres my suggestion. make each towne have a certain function

ill try to make this simple and to the point.

FH Towne- Stash/ Potion seller/Crafting site
    Dark forest- No purpose
    Balefort- Consignment shoppe
    Fathom Crypt- No purpose
    Frost Hollow- No purpose
    Lake Louie- No Purpose
    Sewers- Crafting...
    Alien Oasis- No purpose

heres MY use for the townes! (with purpose)
    FH Towne- Stash/ Potion seller/Crafting site/Pet Shop
    Dark Forest-Clothes customization Stand! you choose the design of your clothes (without armour)
    Fathom Crypt-Staking central! come here to stake other players in pvp in a new fathom crypt (small) map! (Staking only available in this towne), also, this is where you claim PvP rewards
    Frost hollow-Towne Clock!/ Guild Headquarters, meet your guild here!
    Lake Louie- make the apothecary actually make you potions you can use later (1.5x dmg, armour, xp, speed, etc)
    Sewers-Potion seller/Slime Boss- kill this boss every 24 hours to recieve special rare loot.
    Alien Oasis- WATERFALL and Player-owned housing

VI. Platinum Prices

- This may not be a problem for most people, but for me it is.
    ive bought about 450 platinum, and im starting to wonder what it got me

i bought mostly 75 plat packs, and that equals to about 30$!
    that's 6 months of membership of Runescape, and ive been playing PL for a lot less
    also, there (sorry to say) is much more content in Runescape

Ex. The lv30 legendary item pack is 35p
    when i saw this i was speechless
    $5 for some pinks! that an entire month's membership to runescape, and its only lv20!

THE SOLUTION:
    -Benefits for platinum purchasers.
    When someone hits 300 platinum purchased, give them stuff for free.

DEVS! THIS IS GOOD!
    it will encourage people to go up to 300 plat so they can get these perks
    also, in my opinion, they should have never charged us for these things at all.

Free Features:
    Unlimited Magic Mirror
    Unlimited Avatar page changes
    Unlimited Re-specs
    Unlimited Characters
    Unlimited Stash/ Inventory spaces (500 per char)

NONE OF THESE BENEFIT THE PLAYER's PERFORMANCE IN COMBAT

Platinum-Purchased:

Maps
    Item Packs
    Vanities
    Platinum potions

VII. Farewell to pinks

this is a solution to when a new map comes out, and every item from the previous map crashes in prices.
    even i, kossi can not think of a solution to this one, and i would gladly take suggestions.

VIII. Potions
    - we should be able to make our own potions!
    the last skill that was added, crafting, didnt go so well (m/s to h/s on wands?)

This is the next skill.
    For Potion-Making (Herblore ), a player goes to the apothecary in lake louie, and if they have the items needed to make a certain potion, the apothecary will make it for them

Note: the items needed to make a potion will be commonly dropped, and the effect will be a 50% increase in:

Damage
    Armour
    XP
    Speed
    Luck

Unlike the 100% increase in store-bought potions.

How to use them?
    -easy, there will be a tab (above emotes) where you tap, and a array of pre-made potions will be available for your use in all PvE dungeons.

IX. Chat

there needs to be clan chat. period

this is when you join a chat room, and you talk using the /c function or the /g function for guilds
    clan chats will be joined by entering in a players name and it will connect you to the chat room, where you can still be in a dungeon and only chat when necessary
    also, all messages made in clan chat will be seen by everyone in the chatbox

the owner of the clan chat can rank people moderators to boot people from the chat if they are being inappropriate.

X. Messaging
    - This one is for the forum
    i hate when i log on, and i have 2 or 3 messages and i want to respond to them
    i dont like waiting an entire minute to respond to the messages, especially when i have them all already typed out

SOLUTION- Impliment a private messaging system where you can lick on a person's profile/comment and send them a message without any wait. OR
    ReDuce it to 20 seconds for senior members, and 40 seconds for members and junior members

XI. Pets (familiars)
    we need pets!
    first off, to avoid lag, you can only see YOUR pet, and not anyone else's.

these pets can be fed and raised to fight side-by-side with you, and you can also use them in pvp
    each class will be able to get a specific pet
    Also, in a dungeon, you will be able to see your teammate's pets, because you need to see what is attacking what monster, not an invisible person hitting numbers on a random mob.

BIRD: phoenix
    BEAR: rock golem
    MAGE: Lynx

Note- i got these off the top of my head, feel free to comment on changes on these.

XII. Low Level Leechers

HUGE problem in PL today.
    leechers joining a game where they get the good loot without doing anything to deserve it.
    usually these are never people within the levels of the reccommended campaign, this is for those below.

Also, low levels also have a better chance of getting better loot than a high level. (why??)

PROOF

ex. 1: When pharcyde helped me level in hidden passage, i recieved much more pinks and purples than he did...
    every time

ex 2:

ex 3: i seem to get a lot more recipies on my lower level than on my main when farming meathead

SOLUTION:
    make a min. level needed to recieve loot in a campaign.
    (within 5 levels of the campaign cap reccommended)
    e.h. BS- min of level 50 to recieve loot.

WELCOME, ONE AND ALL TO KOSSIS PvP SOLUTION!

Thread under construction

So i notice less than...a miniscule portion of the community pvp's

so i asked some people who had smal amounts of experience in pvp, why they did not participate as much.

their answer was either:

-I don't benefit from pvp
    or
    -its too hard

we cannot fix the difficulty of pvp if we want to keep it skill based, but we can fix the benefits

-lets take a look at the current benefits:
    none.

HOUSTON, WE HAVE A PROBLEM

everytime i go on pl and search up a pvp game, theres almost noone there!
    and pvp is the only reason alot of people stay with mmo's

here is the solution!

so ive thought this out for a very long time to come up with a solution to get people to pvp without people abusing it, and here it is.

there should be pvp maps, where the area is about the size of the first 4 townes combined.
    BIG

why so big, kossi? ill tell you why.

a player walks into the World of Ruin (first pvp mega-map)
    the world of ruin will consist of: a fathom crypt-style map about 4x times the size of the towne, and hold up to 30 players
    there will be barriers of course, but simply short barricades and trees, so people can get their buffs back before they charge once again into battle
    when 2 players fight in the world of ruin, noone else can attack them! this means NO tagging, where 2 players are fighting and a third one wants to join the party.
    when a player wins a fight, they recieve EVERY ITEM THE OPPONENT WAS WEARING

ALSO, here are come side-notes (dont worry, ill cover them)
    - Hitpoints will be doubled
    - Potions will be allowed (.2 second cooldown, seperate from skills)
    - Players cannot leave during a fight, or they will automatically die and lose what they risked
    - Lower HP= Higher Hits (similar to Dharok, in RS)
    - items such as Cyber and Black ice can be lost, but you can reclaim them for a small fee

so lets talk hitpoints.

why double hitpoints? they already doubled them!

well, since you can risk up to millions (or thousands) at a time, you dont want to die in a second because your internet in .125 seconds behind everyone else's. (not to mention all of it will go to waste)
    with this:
    Elfs will get 800 HP
    Bears will get 1200 HP
    Birds will get 1000 HP

with this, people will apply huge amounts of skill and tactics in order to trap and defeat their opponent, unlike the current pvp, where its who-can-get-hellscream-to-hit-first.

---THIS IS ONLY IN PVP MEGA-MAPS---

Lets talk potions.

Some of you see this title and say: What? that will totally unbalance PVP!1!11!!
    oh contraire.

with the pvp mega-maps, you will engage in fights that can last minutes at a time, because hey, youre risking all your stuff.
    Potions will be as much as you wish to bring in the map (up to 9,999)

"kossi, i people will abuse them!"
    fear not, we are all aware of the future safe potion-spammers of tomorrow.

my solution? cripple them.
    when a players uses a potion, or heals, their damage does down, meaning if you heal to full, youre not going to hit very high.
    this makes people take risks in order to get that deadly combo in, if their opponent wants to risk it for that biscuit (or shadow set )
    also, potions will have a .2 second cooldown time, seperate from skill cooldown. (only in these maps)
    also, potions will heal the same amout of HP, maybe 1.25% more? maybe.

Lets talk leavers.

this is a topic ive thought about for awhile, and ive come up with a solution:

whenever a person leaves a game, they automatically lose the fight, and whatever they wore goes to the opponent as their spoils.

"but what if i lag out? D:"
    - make sure your internet connection is fine before you enter the world of ruin.

"what if my battery dies"
    - Charge it before hand.

Lets talk blackice and Cyber.we all know that if we risk losing our cyber or black ice, there is NO WAY we're going in there with that

solution: you lose them! but with a..solution yet again
    when you lose a black-ice item, you can return to the person who rewarded the item and buy it back for a small fee of 10k.
    Cyber: same thing, go back to the ghost or lady at forest haven and get it back for a price of 50k.

people are worried that when they get a kill, someone will attack them and get both loots.
    -fear not, when you get a kill, you have the option to automatically leave the map and go the towne, without dying because you left.
    of course, you can decline the option.

LEVEL RESTRICTIONS

in fathom crypt, (yes, im giving a function to that ghost-town), there will be portals for:

level 10-14
    level 15-19
    level 20-24
    level 25-29
    level 30-34
    level 35-39
    level 40-44
    level 45-49
    level 50-56 <---yeah i had to change it up a bit

with these leel restrictions, people will not have a huge advantage by having an entire campaign-full armour and weapons advantage.

once you enter a portal, there will be 10 slots to choose from
    the slots show how many people are in each map, so you dont end up looking around for a half hours hopelessly trying to find someone.

once you enter a portal, you will spawn in a random area of the map, a decent amount of space between another enemy

there will be no teams, this is free for all, but you can check who is in the map, or how many.

NOTE TO DEVS:
    this is not gambling, and it will be difficult to scam someone

they have to be at least a level 10 to start, and will go through a tutorial on each character they go to world of ruin for the first time.
    AND, they will need at least 50 (safe) pvp kills in order to go through the portal.

before one enters WoR, there will be a reminder telling you that if you die, all items will be lost.

This gives pvp a purpose!
    tons of pvp lovers from every mmo will gaze at pocket legend's pvp system and be amazed at the amount of awesomeness it contains.

just incase you didnt know, safe pvp will still be available.

thanks for reading,
    -Kossi
    Last edited by Kossi; 05-29-2011 at 07:23 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    That. Is. AWESOME!!!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kossi For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Pretty much agree to all of this, especially the guild/clan chat.....we really need this, also we need in game guilds now.
    56 Majormajic - 55 Majortank - 5 Majorfive
    Pocket Legend Inc.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

im rating this thread 5 i have never seen so many good ideas in one thread i hope to see this in upcoming updates i really like the use of townies!
    i like all your ideas kossi good job i could of done a thread like this but hay im lazy ^.^
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=11145&dateline=130178  8828

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

there should be a required quest that teaches you about all the / commands. that would really help lol
    404 - not found ...maybe one day...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

added a new section
    That. Is. AWESOME!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

+1
    10 chars/

Quote Originally Posted by Arterra View Post
    the lottery system looks like a gamble... punny funny!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

Ummm well...some of these points are little kiddy "this is unfair" points. Not to be a flamer or anything.
    Anyway, for example, VII. Game Boys used to sell for, what, 50 bucks each? DS came, out Game Boys are 5 bucks now. This is called the economy. I like the make pots option. the 300 plat everything else free option is a no-no. The devs decided to make this NOT monthly for a reason. Who knows? I feel that this current system is comfortable. Also, lots of kids parent's have problems with subscriber payment. (It's happened to me and WoW b4, when I was like, 14 (?)) Towne Clock? Are you serious? That would be the lamest purpose I have ever seen! I think you should also include [more of] THE FUTURE in here. This is a great post and all, but Pets and Guilds should be coming out soon. Frost Hollow = Guild HQs? Maybe? I dunno. Maybe FH gets a Pet Shop.

Anyway, sorry for the itsy bitsy parts of mean-tone typing, this post is great, but you are just focusing on the current for some of these points.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by noobmigo View Post
    Towne Clock? Are you serious?
    fine, it will be the Guild HQ, although more suggestions could make it different
    That. Is. AWESOME!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kossi View Post
    fine, it will be the Guild HQ, although more suggestions could make it different
    Compromise. Guild HQ's have Clox.

Free Clocks Pl0x?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Ummm well...some of these points are little kiddy "this is unfair" points. Not to be a flamer or anything.
    Anyway, for example, VII. Game Boys used to sell for, what, 50 bucks each? DS came, out Game Boys are 5 bucks now. This is called the economy. I like the make pots option. the 300 plat everything else free option is a no-no. The devs decided to make this NOT monthly for a reason. Who knows? I feel that this current system is comfortable. Also, lots of kids parent's have problems with subscriber payment. (It's happened to me and WoW b4, when I was like, 14 (?)) Towne Clock? Are you serious? That would be the lamest purpose I have ever seen! I think you should also include [more of] THE FUTURE in here. This is a great post and all, but Pets and Guilds should be coming out soon. Frost Hollow = Guild HQs? Maybe? I dunno. Maybe FH gets a Pet Shop.

Anyway, sorry for the itsy bitsy parts of mean-tone typing, this post is great, but you are just focusing on the current for some of these points.
    the clock would be a cool feature thats all ^.^ and forest haven pet shop would be cool
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=11145&dateline=130178  8828

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by icantgetkills View Post
    the clock would be a cool feature thats all ^.^ and forest haven pet shop would be cool
    made the pet shop in sewers, that place isnt good for much :/
    That. Is. AWESOME!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

made the pet shop in sewers, that place isnt good for much :/
    Yes, we can have slime pets.
    I just think putting it in FH is more practical.
    The Slime Monster Arena can go to Sewers, but why would you go to the Sewers and buy a pet? D=

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

+1
    Well done! I pretty much agree with everything. Especially the use of towns and potions
    Well done

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Would mages get to keep shields for the buff? Because it would be unfair that they would have to wait for their mana shield to cool down
    Quote Originally Posted by Mysticaldream View Post
    sweet ill whip out my cheetah thong and iron it for tommorow
    Quote Originally Posted by Magicalbanana
    I want your body, its so nice and warm
    Quote Originally Posted by Ladylove
    I touched myself last night. I said no, but I knew I wanted it

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Yes, we can have slime pets.
    I just think putting it in FH is more practical.
    The Slime Monster Arena can go to Sewers, but why would you go to the Sewers and buy a pet? D=
    i had the slime monster as my first suggestion in my old thread, but it got too much...meh.
    yea, i guess that could work
    That. Is. AWESOME!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by hawkei View Post
    Would mages get to keep shields for the buff? Because it would be unfair that they would have to wait for their mana shield to cool down

yeah, ill add that
    That. Is. AWESOME!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

the devs MUST SEE THIS rate it 5 stars! everyone
    and the pvp cool downs instantly coming back i dont like at all only thing sorry they should run use team work and they would have to find a way to not boosst pvp rewards how? make pvp games so people cant boost randoms wont want to boost well i wont ill want to dominate the other team and it should just go on kills as some classes get less kills i.e bear and in ctf getting caps should give the same PvP points as 5 kills

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts

I'm not sure that PvP should give any abilities other than money - it may turn people away from the game entirely. People should not be forced to PvP if they don't want to and should not be penalized in any way in PvE. Otherwise, if there are abilities from PvP, they should be made available in PvE.

As for staking, I'm not sure that encouraging gambling is a good idea for the game, especially considering that there are quite a few younger players here.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I don't think the devs will agree with the unlimited characters, re-specs, inventory slots, ect.... They need to make money for their hard work. Don't they?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mysticaldream View Post
    sweet ill whip out my cheetah thong and iron it for tommorow
    Quote Originally Posted by Magicalbanana
    I want your body, its so nice and warm
    Quote Originally Posted by Ladylove
    I touched myself last night. I said no, but I knew I wanted it

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

i had the slime monster as my first suggestion in my old thread, but it got too much...meh.
    yea, i guess that could work
    Balefort Sewers=Apply for Janitor Job. You pay some plat for a steady stream of gold per week. Maybe. Or maybe it's a reward for when you reach a certain req.