Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: I joyfully waited for 1.5 for so long, but...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default I joyfully waited for 1.5 for so long, but...

I kept checking for the 1.5 update at least 2-3 times a day. Joyfully updated when it FINALLY was out. The opposite effect struck me: disappointment. Not just disappointment, but also aversion.
    I already thought the game was getting pretty expensive (campaigns costing more and more every update), but this beats everything.

-Charactar customisation!
    Really? 20 platinum to change the COLOR of a face you can hardly see? And guess what! They even messed up the birds face; to encourage us to buy those face paintings. You've gotten sneaky STS, very sneaky.

-Capture the flag
    I'm refusing to buy this.

-Consignment shoppe!
    Huzah! The long awaited consignment shoppe!
    But wait what...? They promised us 3 slots? we only got ONE?
    wait what...? Didn't they tell us 10 platinum for 5 slots? We have to pay FORTY plat for 5 slots now?
    Oh yeah and don't even get me started on the fees.

Just want to say thank you sts, for screwing us over. I thought the update could not disappoint me, but you prove me wrong. Congratulations.
    IGN 'xeraa'

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Agreed agreed agreed !!

This 1.5 is .... NOT COOL !!!!

I Already Gave Like 200$ !!!

Want more Money !!!!?????

I'll keep spamming to sell items in towns . I'm off

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

i agree with EVERYTHING THIS GUY SAYS! (faces cost me 10p lol) but im not getting ctf, and so arent many people, therefore, CTF WILL DIE, also they did promise us 3 slots! im not rich! i cant afford 40p!
    Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    That. Is. AWESOME!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Lol I thought the same thing.
    At AO3 I waited for it and it finally came, but cost 2x as much as any other map. I was like omg wtf but I got it anyways because I thought it was worth it, but just bearly.

I got wind of this a few weeks ago and I thought well they can't possibly ruin CS because what is there to pay for?
    Submitted to app store and they tell us we only get 3 slots and you have to pay 10p per 5 more. I thought wtf but I looked at my stash full of pinks and thought. Well its kinda worth it. I was glad they didn't kill this update like they almost did with AO3.
    Big day. CS comes out. I look at store. I resolve not to ever pay anything on this game ever again, and when new maps come out I'm quitting.
    I am not the only person thinking this, mark my words. I'm betting your income will drop dramatically in the next few days.
    You messed up.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kossi View Post
    i agree with EVERYTHING THIS GUY SAYS! (faces cost me 10p lol) but im not getting ctf, and so arent many people, therefore, CTF WILL DIE, also they did promise us 3 slots! im not rich! i cant afford 40p!
    Its either you waste 8 dollars for CTF @5p/1Dollar or buy 8 games @.99$ from the appstore...... mhmm

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I tough mirrorface would be free !!!!????

This update is an epic fail

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RainyKai View Post
    Its either you waste 8 dollars for CTF @5p/1Dollar or buy 8 games @.99$ from the appstore...... mhmm
    After looking at it this way I might quit the game perm not just stop paying.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bludd View Post
    After looking at it this way I might quit the game perm not just stop paying.
    Same , I'll might quit perm , not sure but I'll see

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Same, I'm also thinking about quitting this game.
    IGN 'xeraa'

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I had alot of platinum from a plat pack and didnt even look at those prices... wow. I'm even more surprised, and disappointed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    FAIL! (oh man I always wanted to say that...)
    RosieODonell, Lvl 50 WarMage / Ogediah, Lvl 35 Warrior / DrPhill, Lvl 45 Archer
    (+ three others I play around with when bored)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Same. I'll play when my friends are on, but if the next map is too pricy, I'll cut my losses and quit. This game has become a cash sinkhole.

And they made the bird ugly now so I feel almost forced to buy a new face. But I won't.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

If you guys quit, can I have your stuff?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i totally agree i feel like quiting also but then i feel like iv put to work in to quit now...
    ive lost all intrest in pl.. for the past month ive been playing in the haunted manor because AO3 SUCKS more that AO2 seems for us level 50s and now that it is gone nothing else to do but farm in this wack elite frost crap..so imma just quit i think..
    BTW
    FORUMS ARE BETTER THAN GAME!
    Kurl-55 Warrior
    Kurle-50 Archer
    kurll-47 Mage

Kurly-12

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Varking View Post
    If you guys quit, can I have your stuff?
    Don't think tht's the right thing to ask now...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by addiekai View Post
    yes it is

lighten up! You all act like the world is coming to an end, and if it is because of the changes in a game then you need to see a shrink... just like I am to cope with no android app, and now I'll have to pay overtime because the pocketlegends.com site has an android app pic that has no link.....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by addiekai View Post
    This your first MMO? Usually on every MMO forum people feel the need to announce to everyone they are quitting, and there are usually a bunch of people joking saying "can i haz ure stufz?". Like I said though, if this is your first MMO than you likely wouldn't get it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts

I look at it this way: the Magic Mirror, additional consignment store slots, and other "vanity" items amounts to a voluntary tax. Money to pay salaries to develop new content, to buy servers and to run them costs. The money has to come from somewhere. The game itself is free. The first 13 levels of your character's life cost you nothing. Yes, you do have to purchase additional maps to continue leveling, but there's no fee to play and you can play as much or as little as you like. Compare it with WoW--$30 (or so) to get the game and then $77.94 for six months of time on their server (the cheapest rate) or $155.88 a year whether you played for 10 minutes or 160 hours.

The money has to come from somewhere. Spacetime seems to have adopted the idea of letting people pay to support the system through the sale of luxuries. Faces too expensive? Don't buy them. Consignment store slots too spendy? Don't buy more--use the free one you have and sell in Forest Haven or on the Forum. Point being that you don't need the extras (except for additional maps) to play and, personally, I'd much rather pay occasionally for silly extras than get saddled with an onerous monthly bill. Got enough of those as it is.
    Rauen Haikus' dex 60 sammich-maker; Grievousangel Haikus' 58 Mage/Butler, Jeffrey; Diffie Wounded's 55 drink-mixer; Ghazaal Noobmigo's 47 cheerleader. SL: Rauen, 36 Op & Bod's turkey baster; Yosinabe 36 Engi; Chedaka 36 Comm

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Varking View Post
    This your first MMO? Usually on every MMO forum people feel the need to announce to everyone they are quitting, and there are usually a bunch of people joking saying "can i haz ure stufz?". Like I said though, if this is your first MMO than you likely wouldn't get it.
    I been playing MMOs and MMORPGs since 2002.

Started with the best of em all, most likely gonna retire soon...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts

Or, amortize it out--what's the cost of entertainment per hour?

WoW (assuming you could pick up the software for $25 and 6 months of time at $77.94 and 160 hours of playing time) = $0.64/hour
    Book (assuming it's a hardcover at $24.95 and it takes you 5 hours to read) = $4.99/hour
    Movie (assuming it's a full 2 hours long and you buy matinee tickets--$6.75 here) = $3.38 hour
    PL (assuming you spent $50 on it, buying all maps and some other stuff and 160 hours of playing time) = $0.31/hour
    Rauen Haikus' dex 60 sammich-maker; Grievousangel Haikus' 58 Mage/Butler, Jeffrey; Diffie Wounded's 55 drink-mixer; Ghazaal Noobmigo's 47 cheerleader. SL: Rauen, 36 Op & Bod's turkey baster; Yosinabe 36 Engi; Chedaka 36 Comm

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CanonicalKoi View Post
    Or, amortize it out--what's the cost of entertainment per hour?

WoW (assuming you could pick up the software for $25 and 6 months of time at $77.94 and 160 hours of playing time) = $0.64/hour
    Book (assuming it's a hardcover at $24.95 and it takes you 5 hours to read) = $4.99/hour
    Movie (assuming it's a full 2 hours long and you buy matinee tickets--$6.75 here) = $3.38 hour
    PL (assuming you spent $50 on it, buying all maps and some other stuff and 160 hours of playing time) = $0.31/hour
    Ok now please amortize it out again
    and calculate the cost of entertainment per hour for pocket legends VS OTHER app store games.
    IGN 'xeraa'