Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: OFFICIAL Combat Re-Balance Feedback Thread

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Honestly, I'm not really sure where to start now, as far as playing goes.

I feel like everyone's been turned into noobs now, not knowing how anything works. Only lvl 50 players don't want to have to start from scratch and learn how to play the game. And keep respecing to find the right balance.

Altho what bothers me the most are the equipment changes. Everything's all Topsy turvey (mega blaster useless now, even though it's part of a set). The 1.5 changes threw the economy into a fritz, and now this will do it all over again. Things that people spent all their hard-earned cash on are now worthless. So basically those who could only afford the cheaper stuff (sunblessed bow, mirage staff (?)) before will now be rich. As opposed to working for it.

Eh, I think I'll wait before putting any more effort into this game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gl0c View Post
    so do you still consider hybrids?
    Right now, I don't see the point anymore.

My bird was full dex already, so no change there.

My mage had 127 dex 126 int, but with dex fixed now, there's really no point in the dex for the massive damage, so I put it all in int.

For the bear, well I just wanna tank so full str it is.

I'm guessing this update was awesome for mages and it made everything else easy, no doubt.

Also, levels now need less elixirs but more pots.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i was pretty hooked on this game... now its not even fun anymore.

anyone know of any other MMO games for the iphone?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

this game will always be the best
    Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    That. Is. AWESOME!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

wow its that easy to make people jump ship? .... relax this is a work in progess, i think these 18 and unders dont understand that....
    Rashkar - Tanky/Shooty Panda Bear
    Rashkarr - Shooty Birdy
    Luciferia - Magey Elf

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Honestly, the new update upsets me.. My character is slower, quicker to die, and all my equipment is junk now.

Is it enough for me to quit? Probably not because I've put so much time, effort and money into it... Please do something.. It's definitely not an improvement.. Lets just say it could've been better..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Also, I'd like to see what devs did to stats and what they did now.

Str does ?
    Dex does ?
    Int does ?

Would probably be easier knowing what they do than messing with builds, after all, they did have a description before even if they weren't accurate.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

No one's talking about quitting. Just giving feedback. No need to insult people for sharing their feelings on the update.

9.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #49
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,171 Posts

Regarding the Mega-Blaster - the change was intentional.

My mistake here was not including better item set data to off-set the nerf

This will be addressed for an update tomorrow.

- Cinco

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

just played Victory map.... my findings and feedback

- to my surprise with 200 points into INT and rest into Dex (I am lvl 50 Mage), I now have 800 Mana if I remember correctly... which is pretty survivable... I was able to take out snipers solo... yes solo and not pulling like before so I have greens around me attacking also... conclusion ==> GOOD

- I noticed that wearing full Cosmo + Keeper my armor is only 53 or something like that and when i changed to eye + wand its still under 60 armor, like 57 or something.... conclusion ==> FAIL

- What this means for me is that I now rely 100% on mana shield because without it, not only do i get one shotted from yellows, but 2 greens will own me... conclusion ==> FAIL

- the mana regen is pathic.... seriously, with 800 mana pool (200points in INT) and a M/s regen in mid teens how long do u think I would last in a boss fight??? the blue bar doesnt come back man~!!! Even when I change to eye + wand, before my M regen is 37 and now halved with double the mana... ??? u do the math.... conclusion ==> FAIL

- in a team of 4 other lvl 50s tho i must say the game is pretty fun... STS totally killed the solo play but team play is good. HOWEVER, its only good if you are playing with lvl 50 players because they actually have a chancec of knowing what they are doing.... working together and timing the skills and not spamming everything once cool down is back.... conclusion ==> VERY GOOD

- this brings me to the point now of playing with lower lvl players... guys like me reaching the lvl cap dont constantly play in AO3, we go down the ladder and play swamps, castle, etc because its boring in AO3 all the time... this lower lvl team play is not as fun becasue everyone jsut spams every spell they can and its just one big mess... I dont have such a hard time because Im lvl 50 and dont die as easy as they do and still... conclusion ==> GOOD NOT GREAT

- decreasing stats on gear is retarded because they didnt do it with a fixed percentage making non legendary gear close or the same to say other lower class gear which is a bad move... conclusion ==> FAIL

- my over all opinion of the update is that I think its fair and its not a great update. Its not bad but its not as appealing as I thought. The only upsaide I see is that a Mage is finally able to take on the bear and bird in PvP and also be as damaging as they are... conclusion ==> GOOD MINUS
    IGN: Inching

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ellyidol View Post
    Also, I'd like to see what devs did to stats and what they did now.

Str does ?
    Dex does ?
    Int does ?

Would probably be easier knowing what they do than messing with builds, after all, they did have a description before even if they weren't accurate.
    Yeah, this is why I'm thinking of taking a break from the game until others have figured it out. I personally don't have the patience to try out all the different builds.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

So I just started like 3 days ago. I spent some irl cash yesterday and I was wondering if theirs any refund or buyers remorse. This is not the same have I invested in yesterday. can I give the plat back and get a refund?
    Last edited by derricks2; 11-17-2010 at 09:00 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I just played my tank in AO3: Intergalactic Combat map, and here are some observations:

1. Aliens are seriously nerfed. I just played with two mages, both lower than level 50, using staffs. Their survivability was vastly improved compared to before the update. Buffed, their armors were 50, and they still did fine. Of course the numbers alone don't mean anything; their effectivity is relative to the armors of the opponents. This is good.

2. Full rift set gives an extra armor of 5. There is not much difference in damage to me compared to before the update. If anything, my tank survives better against both blue and yellow aliens. With the mages spam healing, I can't remember dying during this game until we reached Gurgox.

3. Movement feels like wading through molasses. DPS of the scimitar is now down to 64. It might just take a little getting used to, and I'll give it another go. But I do miss the old dps.

4. I like the m/s for the rift. The only time I needed pots was when battling Gurgox and everyone else was dead.

5. Gurgox is seriously difficult to kill alone with a scimitar. I've done this a few times before in Victory Lap, and I swear it never took this long. I finally packed up and went home instead of dying of boredom.

6. I do agree that teamwork is important now. With combos, the aliens die even more easily.

Will be playing with my mage char next. Not looking forward to it, though, because I was using Thoth gear with Rift for the mana regen. I just noticed Thoth has been badly nerfed, too. In any case, I have all of the cosmos stuff, so it's probably time to respec back to pure mage anyway.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

platinum refund.... thats classic
    Rashkar - Tanky/Shooty Panda Bear
    Rashkarr - Shooty Birdy
    Luciferia - Magey Elf

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cinco View Post
    Regarding the Mega-Blaster - the change was intentional.

My mistake here was not including better item set data to off-set the nerf

This will be addressed for an update tomorrow.

- Cinco
    What do you really mean by better item set data? Rift/void/cosmos bonuses you mean? Or all items in general?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Rashkar View Post
    platinum refund.... thats classic

bait and switch... I paid for x, and the next day I have y. After playing I feel like I wasted some irl cash.

17.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #57
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,171 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ellyidol View Post
    What do you really mean by better item set data? Rift/void/cosmos bonuses you mean? Or all items in general?
    When I say "item sets" I mean a collection of items like the Voodoo Master set that combine to give you a special bonus.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

and they destroyed focus for bird. Went from 50 hit crit to 25 each... Lame

Edit: they changed dex giving crit. before I had 62 crit to 29 with focus....w..o..w
    Last edited by derricks2; 11-17-2010 at 09:13 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Lol better items lol? and my rift set, i spend hours on that for what? this is balance?
    Why no imporve the sets and release the new set?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

notice how they cut all things in half....weird they actually cut focus in half.....totally unexpected right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    That. Is. AWESOME!!!