Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Pocket Legend's Popularity

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Smile Pocket Legend's Popularity

I'm just worried because this is such a great game with quality updates far quicker than any other game. I'm writing this because I am personally worried that the average number of people online in the game is unproportional to the quality and effort of the game, and might make you guys give up or something in the future. I'm confused why Pocket Legends isn't in the top 25 itunes app list. Anyways, I just think that there should be more players (which means more money) so that you guys can get equal or more than the effort thats put into the game. Hehe, I'm just concerned for the future I guess since I gradually like the game more and more as I play and read the content developments, etc.

Cheers!
    Arcane Legends: Hyun

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Generally speaking, apps don't do well until they are featured by apple, or by a popular app website like appvee or toucharcade or even sites like gizmodo and the iphone blog.

I found it on toucharcade when they did the review for it, but I have not seen it anywhere else. This app is only a month old give it time. I think they are doing good for having around 700 players online at one time. This game can only go up in the near future. Especially since the studio it came from is brand new on the app store. Or at least I don't think they have any other games.

If a studio like gameloft or ngmoco were to make this it would be popular faster, but the app would be subpar. Also we wouldn't see the great support like we do with these guys at Spacetime Studios. Look at We Rule for example. Great game, TONS of potential, but the app kills it. Too slow and way too many crashes. Ngmoco has too much on their plate to even fix it fast. Just give it time and hopefully we will see this in the top 25. Heck even if it makes the top 100 you will see a good increase in new players.

Another huge issue is if you search MMORPG you will find stuff like Epicpetwars, mafia wars, and a bunch of other crap games that all do the same thing. You have to go in very far to find this bad boy.

3.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #3
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,037 Posts

We're gonna be just fine folks

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TheBaconKing View Post
    Generally speaking, apps don't do well until they are featured by apple, or by a popular app website like appvee or toucharcade or even sites like gizmodo and the iphone blog.

I found it on toucharcade when they did the review for it, but I have not seen it anywhere else. This app is only a month old give it time. I think they are doing good for having around 700 players online at one time. This game can only go up in the near future. Especially since the studio it came from is brand new on the app store. Or at least I don't think they have any other games.

If a studio like gameloft or ngmoco were to make this it would be popular faster, but the app would be subpar. Also we wouldn't see the great support like we do with these guys at Spacetime Studios. Look at We Rule for example. Great game, TONS of potential, but the app kills it. Too slow and way too many crashes. Ngmoco has too much on their plate to even fix it fast. Just give it time and hopefully we will see this in the top 25. Heck even if it makes the top 100 you will see a good increase in new players.

Another huge issue is if you search MMORPG you will find stuff like Epicpetwars, mafia wars, and a bunch of other crap games that all do the same thing. You have to go in very far to find this bad boy.
    Yea, I actually found this game through a review (forgot which one). I really hope there will be many more great reviews for this game and make it to the top apps list. It would be great to see an average of 10,000 players. lol i hope spacetime can handle it (server stuff), in case it does happen. Incase a dev reads this, I have 1 question. Can I still play this game if I relocate to South Korea?

5.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #5
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,037 Posts

You can play this game anywhere on the planet, as long as you have Edge, Wireless, or 3G. And yes we are set to scale our servers up too

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

How many people work on PL? Curious...

7.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #7
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,037 Posts

There are six of us plus some art outsourcing.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    You can play this game anywhere on the planet, as long as you have Edge, Wireless, or 3G. And yes we are set to scale our servers up too
    Glad to hear that and thanks for the quick response. I'll be looking forward to the countless amazing features that this mobile game will bring!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

There are six of us plus some art outsourcing.
    I want to work for PL too! I'll be the coffee delivery guy *laughs*

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

you guys have a very very dedicated fan base here. If at any point there is anything we can do to help please dont hesitate to reach out on the boards!

If you decide one day we should all email review sites, or ask everyone to twitter etc, a mass attack could do great things.

i know there is FB integration but very people use that without being prompted to.

11.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #11
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,037 Posts

Sure, we'd love your help!

Ask all your facebook friends to join the Pocket Legends fan page... help convert the masses!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by haroldiv View Post
    you guys have a very very dedicated fan base here. If at any point there is anything we can do to help please dont hesitate to reach out on the boards!

If you decide one day we should all email review sites, or ask everyone to twitter etc, a mass attack could do great things.

i know there is FB integration but very people use that without being prompted to.
    Definitely, you guys have a very solid following. Just by looking at the forums one can see that (and they continue to grow!).

Flaimdude: Lvl31 Mage Flaimer: Lvl15 Arch Flaimior: Lvl14 Bear
    "If you're not careful asommers will catch up to you lol" ~Royce

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Wow only 6 you guys have the work ethics of....... Well its to early for that but you guys have an awesome work ethic to get things done as fast as you do with 6. If I had review site this would be the only app on it........ Which is prob. Wht I dont have an app review site. Anyways, it would be an awesome review and thanks to all the devs for making this game, ever since I have had this phone I have said " I wish there were an MMO for this". You guys made that happen congrats.
    Beermon- Level 47 Warrior-Alterra

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Sure, we'd love your help!

Ask all your facebook friends to join the Pocket Legends fan page... help convert the masses!
    hey i just invited 60 facebook friends to join the pocket legends fan page

oh and the only reason i stumbled across this gem of a game is on toucharcade and i had never visited the toucharcade website before, i was just bored one day and googled games for ipod touch, i guess it was just fate that i stumbled across pocket legends. =D

this game definitly scratches the old MMO itch, without being to addictive or shoving monthly subscription fee's down your throat

its just a good old casual dungeon crawling mmo that you can sit down and burn some spare time with, and too the dev's i thank you for all your hard work and regular updates =)

keep up the good work guys, and you'll make it onto the top 25 apps one day =D

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Violentsaint View Post
    hey i just invited 60 facebook friends to join the pocket legends fan page

oh and the only reason i stumbled across this gem of a game is on toucharcade and i had never visited the toucharcade website before, i was just bored one day and googled games for ipod touch, i guess it was just fate that i stumbled across pocket legends. =D

this game definitly scratches the old MMO itch, without being to addictive or shoving monthly subscription fee's down your throat

its just a good old casual dungeon crawling mmo that you can sit down and burn some spare time with, and too the dev's i thank you for all your hard work and regular updates =)

keep up the good work guys, and you'll make it onto the top 25 apps one day =D
    lol thats probably the site that i visited prior finding about this game!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Didn't even know about that site until I got on the forum.
    http://i884.photobucket.com/albums/ac50/EliteFlamin/atomicenergy-2.jpgHonored Master of The Crusaders of Legend PLoading --- Warrior --- Level 21 EliteFlamin --- Archer --- Level 47

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

If you guys ever need a large quantity of money to keep the servers running, you can always count on me to rob a bank.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

I found it because I typed in MMO in search. Then my jaw dropped. So did $40 out of my wallet.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

I knoW that I haven't been playing this game long, but the work that you guys put into this game is amazing. I love the quick daily updates that are actually good quality updates and not those updates that other games make to just keep the players happy. You have a fantastic and loyal community here to help you out whenever you need it. This game will be top 25 in no time!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Still waiting for PL to get out of the long tail of app store popularity. But still, you know that PL is awesome when you log on in the middle of a work day and there's like 400 people online. XD

Flaimdude: Lvl31 Mage Flaimer: Lvl15 Arch Flaimior: Lvl14 Bear
    "If you're not careful asommers will catch up to you lol" ~Royce