Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Very Disappointed: How does the droid event work?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Very Disappointed: How does the droid event work?

I saw the Facebook post and was standing at Aldo at 5 minutes in. I was still standing there and saw the in game 'droid out'. He never was there and multiple people were waiting.

What is the point of it if he isn't there during the time?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

There are several instances of a game. Droid is only in one at a time. You need to go to the join menu and find the game that has more people -- that's usually where he is. Altho today I found him in a nearly deserted frost town. Just keep switching till you find him. Sometimes it can be full, too. But he sometimes switches instances.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I had no idea you could even see multiple towns and how many people were in them. It would have been great if Pl had explained it a little better.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

i want a freakin droid item ANYTHIN! ;(
    Mrbanana,Fathomgen,Mrluffy,Pleasemenow,Expiired,Mr sluffy

Whoever found this post helpful vote up

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I'm waiting outside in the cool whit aldo yeah only me and aldo

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I got mine today by jumping Lost Expedition towns. I went into the most populated one and there he was. I waved, it then said "You have received Blue Antenna". There was like 19 people there and all were wearing the blue antenna.
    I noticed, even though I was wearing the red antenna, it automatically switched them to blue once I received them.

I have Red and Blue, but no Droid Green. Damn. Those green ones will be extremely rare like the Red ones.
    Last edited by screamer; 12-09-2010 at 10:09 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts

There are several posts that try to help people better find the droid. For review:

(1) Check Facebook or listen to people. This morning I entered Ursan Weald right after clearing all the levels of Dark Forest to find someone running about town. Luckily, that someone said she was looking for droid, so I checked Facebook and saw it was with Aldo. I've got a file with a list of mob names in whatever towns.

(2) I immediately tap the world map (globe symbol), tap JOIN GAME, type in "Lost" for the Lost Expedition campaign (any unique part of the campaign name will work), check TOWNE only for the search and see like 10 instances of the town.

(3) Tap the one with the most people. I tap one instance and there's Droid. I get blue antenna. You're supposed to wave at him I think, but I swear sometimes I get the antenna before I wave.

(4) Switch to your next toon and repeat. I immediately tap MENU, EXIT LEVEL, and go to my next toon. And repeated for all of my toons.

This method works. I got green antenna the same way. As Alterra said, once you get your antenna, leave that town to give other people a chance. However, this time, Droid was moving very fast. For the green antenna, usually I could come back on my next toon or two and he'd still be in the same instance. This time, every time I'd find he had moved on. Good thing is that there were not as many instances of Lost Expedition as Forest Haven or Ursan Weald towns. I still remember like 20 hops or more to get one green antenna, because there were so many towns and it's hard to tell them apart. You can also try standing still in a populated instance where Droid has not been in the hopes he will come. That worked a time or two.

Of course, when I finally figured out about towns, I was discovering that if you STASH your antenna, then it's part of the inventory of whatever toon you're logged into on that account, even if that toon has never gotten an antenna. I went through like 3 toons, wondering why I wasn't getting antennae, finally got told I had already gotten mine. Paused for a bit; swore these toons had never received one; thought about it a bit in case I was confused between my characters (totally possible); realized I didn't have enough antennae for the number of characters I'm supposed to have received antenna for; remembered others said you can get one per toon, not just one per account; and realized about Stash; removed antenna from Stash and viola, suddenly the waving worked. So make sure you do not have the Blue Antenna in your stash. You shouldn't because you should be wearing them, but in case you were like me that first time :P

Good luck.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

How do you swtich realms?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts

What do you mean switch realms?

Each instance of a town is the same thing as when you Join Games. If you've never done that, here goes:

Tap under your name. Tap the round globe symbol. You'll see a huge list of games to join (unless you've got search terms entered already). There's a bunch of windows you can enter search terms. You can really enter whatever would work. For me, I usually tap on the campaign name part and enter a unique string of letters to identify that campaign. So like "Have" for Forest Haven, "Dark" for Dark Forest, "Bale" for Balefort, etc.

You can then tap Search and it'll list only those games you can join, including town instances, for that campaign. For the Droid, you'll want to narrow the search down some more. At the top of the screen is a bunch of boxes to check. One of these is Towne, which will display only the town instances in that campaign. Tap on the box for Towne. Tap Search.

You'll get a list of games you can join that are basically what you join when you tap "Go to Town", except this time instead of letting Pocket Legends choose for you, you'll be choosing for yourself. Each available game/instance (open "game" you can join) displays number of players (up to 24; 25 closes a town "game") and level. For Droid, you're looking for the greatest number of players. Tap that game and Tap JOIN.

See if Droid's there; see if he's been there. Generally people will tell you if Droi'd just left or look for the antennae -- if you see a lot of them, he was just there. If you see a group of people with antenna milling about where the Droid WOULD have been, he was just there. Leave.

Tap the globe again. Repeat above -- the search terms are saved so you'll just have to look at the list and choose a game. Try to join a different game/instance but sometimes it's hard to tell. You might have to try multiple times, but the Search narrows down the list you have to scroll through considerably, so you can hop "towns" faster. You should be able to find Droid within 3-5 different town hops, assuming you're not continuously hopping into the same town/instance.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Finally got mine today. Was quick enough to get them on a couple characters too. Good luck getting yours.
    Pocket Legends Warrior: Manbearzombie || Mage: Zombiemagik || Archer: Undeadeyes
    Star Legends Commando: Biggun || Operative: Deadeye || Engineer: Manbearzombie

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

This is still totally unacceptable. I was literally on facebook just now when the post came out. I've been monitoring it all day. I did the trick and chose a town with tons of people > 20. I stood there for over 10 minutes and no droid came. Eventually I saw the post where droid was out.

What did come was some guy in the droid suit named Caieko. He was going from instance to instance pretending to be the droid.

To me it seems PL puts out this incentive, users get excited, spend hours waiting around and when they accomplish the task they are robbed of victory.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by pcm2a View Post
    This is still totally unacceptable. I was literally on facebook just now when the post came out. I've been monitoring it all day. I did the trick and chose a town with tons of people > 20. I stood there for over 10 minutes and no droid came. Eventually I saw the post where droid was out.

What did come was some guy in the droid suit named Caieko. He was going from instance to instance pretending to be the droid.

To me it seems PL puts out this incentive, users get excited, spend hours waiting around and when they accomplish the task they are robbed of victory.
    Can't you set Facebook to notify you of Pocket Legends posts like I did? You don't have to wait around. Just have your phone notify you and logon.

Dude... You have to monitor the rooms. Sometimes he doesn't jump around. You're just not doing it right. I found him twice today. Jump from room to room and you will find him. Oh yeah... and you're welcome. :P

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

When I missed him yesterday I emailed support and asked why he never came to where I was standing. They said he goes to the more populated instances and hops around to different ones, never in one place the whole time.

So the only two methods I see are:
    1. Get there fast and stay in one room. Take a gamble that he will come to your area.
    2. Jump from room to room. Take a gamble that he just left the rooms you hit and is now in a room that you aren't in.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lesrider View Post
    There are several instances of a game. Droid is only in one at a time. You need to go to the join menu and find the game that has more people -- that's usually where he is. Altho today I found him in a nearly deserted frost town. Just keep switching till you find him. Sometimes it can be full, too. But he sometimes switches instances.
    I tried getting some for my subs today but people wouldn't leave the world . Normally I can catch it if I refresh enough but people weren't budging this go around.

15.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #15
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,037 Posts

Sorry you are having trouble cornering him. The Droid will generally behave thusly:

Roll into a random towne
    Hang out and party for 5-10 mins as the towne grows in population
    Make quick rounds to the other towne instances
    Return to the original party to say farewell and pick up any stragglers

Bear in mind he is a fairly unpredictable fellow as well.

Good luck!
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

will u ever bring out green antenneas again, cause i was on holiday when they came out

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

dont think so, same with reds, and pumpkin heads
    Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    That. Is. AWESOME!!!

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

sorry xuz but they wont. that would break the purpose and rarity of limited time items.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I was in Forest Haven today at around 1 AM EST when I saw a droid moving and waving at everyone, I waved back and I got my antenna's, pretty sweet, he's quick tho .

Fiuevy - Level 60 Enchantress.
    Sanatorium - Level 5 Twink Enchantress.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

it really isn´t THAT hard... I missed him the first 2-3 times on Facebook, simply because of the different time zones (I live in Germany).

then yesterday, I was just playing some Pocket Legends on my phone, and hat the Facebook page open on my laptop next to me... i pressed f5 every now and then, and then it came up that he is in a "spooky place".

seriously, with ALL the hints they have given us on here, on facebook, on twitter (yes, they even posted on twitter that you should look on facebook!!), and if you even have played the game a LITTLE bit, that was enough to know exactly(!) where he was at.

and now I got them all: green, red and blue
    I can pretend to be a traffic light now ^^
    Xenosapien|Bird50|Dex - more metal than your grandma´s hip replacement.

The living Antenna-Trafficlight: