Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: AL luck system explained

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Milan Lame Man View Post
    Well if I get a combo elix, I run it, so the next toon comes an hour later. You skip most combo elixirs?
    And in fact, I got 2 combo elixirs back to back on Thursay because I was too tired to run it. Just hoped for egg.

I've been complaining that the random system is rigged, a few times. Never got answer from STS.
    And ROFL at Sam saying the tooth drop rate has not changed since release
    The tooth drop rate has definitely been changed or messed with, just like the locked drop rates in The Wilds. I used to be able to get 20-30 in 4-5 hours of gameplay. Now? I ran the entire day yesterday and was lucky to get 15! This is truly ridiculous.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

...ok then explain this, since Christmas at double chance at super gems weekend i was looking in all my items, so got full super gems in every single item less one slot at my helmet that still trying every 12 hours Almost quit looking at the super gem but yesterday tried with platinum and wasted 288 platinum straight for that fck gem, and still didn't got...
    Lockeds sure this weekend bought 5100 platinum wasted 2600 and got just a ring blood ruby,and lots of the cheapest stuff that now is looting at this expansion..... not fair dude ......not fair at all........

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    97 Posts

isnt it called "double chance"?
    And lockeds were all known as gambling. Why didnt you get 100x mythic blood ruby when you opened 100x times lockeds at the same time if you applied this rule? I heard some opened way more than you and got no arcane, and a guildmate opened 20 and got whim egg. Its all pure luck, and those "lucky dudes" are minimal, uncomparable with the thoundsands of players in AL, so if you are not one of the "lucky dudes", dont cry "not fair at all". Thats what made those stuff still valueable somehow, if everyone opens locked and got arcane each time they do, you will cry more when you got one.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Sceazikua For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yep luck is time based and its a fact. If u dont believe it u r stupid. I farmed so many locks that i know this. And also lucky times are changing which is saad:/ but they rly exist. Or how do u explain why igot 6 locks in 10min and then nothing in hour:P

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    82 Posts

I agree. Its time based. My peak time is 5pm-10pm. I sometimes play at lunch 11am-12pm. I can average 10-20 locked in the hour at lunch, and maybe 5 during my peak time. (Based on not farming). Opening locked crates work the same.
    Hakuna Matatas

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

the example no 2 always happened to me. i have many char, when i get bored i just login try to get luck elixir from klass and shazbot, if i got another elix (not luck) i'll change to playing another char, and then i got same elixir like before..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    136 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    The tooth drop rate has definitely been changed or messed with, just like the locked drop rates in The Wilds. I used to be able to get 20-30 in 4-5 hours of gameplay. Now? I ran the entire day yesterday and was lucky to get 15! This is truly ridiculous.
    Yes, same. I was just discussing about this issue a bit earlier with my other friends. But I don't know if STS twiddled with the drop rate or it's just my bad luck completely. It may just be that. During the first few days of the expansion, I was able to obtain rapid amounts of Dragkin Teeth. Perhaps in 10 runs, I'd get an average of 6-8 teeth. It may just have been pure luck, but after the following updates, I noticed I didn't get many dragon teeth as I did before.

But then again, I've watched my friend's progress of picking up teeth, and they haven't had much luck at all since the expansion itself.
    Hey, I'm a lone wolf. A wolf who wants to be friends with you :3

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mihu View Post
    Or how do u explain why igot 6 locks in 10min and then nothing in hour:P
    Luck?

AL: Rare (Rogue)/Common (Warrior)/Mythic (Sorcerer)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    656 Posts

I'm starting to believe that there might actually be some truth in timestamps being related to Klaas/Shazbot rewards, apart from randomness in an elixir/egg table based on rarity. Just grabbed +15% damage reduction elixirs for 15 and 30 mins (#4:37am). Although we have no way of confirming this unless we test it repeatedly and figure out a pattern (maybe make a topic on it?).

About normal loot though, I'm leaning towards a system that divides a set number of drops to an x number of instances per a set timeframe. Following that logic, every different day has better odds for a different drop.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    97 Posts

This is the third season hooks drop from locked and they still go for 10 m + a piece. If the drops were trully random the market would have been over saturated and they would be no where near a rare item.
    Sts is messing with the drops to keep the market under control. Deny it all you want but there is supply and demand and sts can only control the supply.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    656 Posts

Locked chest mechanics are a different story. While I agree there's a high probability that some arcanes are set to drop more than others (eg. Glacian, Kershal atm), with hooks it's different; their price is still 9m because a lot of twinking goes on and because of the announcement there is a chance of them being upgradable next season.

If the original concept of mythic and arcane rarity still held, it would disappoint the average platinum buyer and limit the investment of the big platinum spenders (over 100k platinum purchases).

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Imo and from what ive read experienced and was told locks and chests have preset loot in once its looted its become based on helix data and the data computes to have the same number strand as what it did when it hit the ground and fireworked the only time this could have a possibility to change is on the mythic weekend but dont mind my tech talk all games and programs are ran by numeric and alphanumeric code unless changes were made that i dont know about lol
    asimauara farmers inc! we go for the fun!

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Also in my theory the amount of luck you have when you loot a lock may or may not determine what you get from said lock not entirely sure further test need to be done
    asimauara farmers inc! we go for the fun!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

I just checked shazbot today on my 6 toon: first was a hauntlet coin, story token 2x, luck elixir 3x. And it happens every day, same elixirs if i check within one minute.