Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Arrow Give tank bears their jobs back

I posted this in reply to a thread about paladins, but I think it deserves its own thread.

No offense to the pallys out there, it's a great build for survival, but I'm beginning to think they're overrated as group tanks. My bird gets a lot of aggro, and since nobody plays their bears anymore, nobody can taunt the mobs to gain aggro. Paladins can't taunt like the bears. If there is a bear, it's probably a dex bear who won't taunt anyway. So as my bird, I often end up tanking when I don't want to, due to my DPS.

I really just something would be done to make bears desired in groups again! Give them their jobs back lol

My bear has a full rift set and can hold aggro pretty well I think. Yet when I join games as my bear, I always have this feeling like I might get booted, nobody will want me. Bears used to be desired, like in Crush the Keeper for instance, for their crowd control and tanking abilities. It was harder to get through without one.

The game has been made so much easier, that all you really need are mages and birds. Bears just slow a group down now because of their low DPS. Something should be done to make the bear class more useful, because they just are not as enjoyable to play anymore. They need to have a bigger role in groups again.
    Last edited by Kujen; 12-13-2010 at 04:01 PM.