Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: In Development - What's Next for Arcane Legends?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    155 Posts

Default I suppose I could be wrong but...

Quote Originally Posted by FluffNStuff View Post
    It actually is up to you whether or not the elixir gets ethyl'd (tm) since players do not open crates looking for these items, and sure, the first couple hundred that hit the market might be worth something, but the rest will just, as Billy would say, sit in the back on the discount rack like another can of beans, or perhaps a Snow Vanity, which had a value of:
    Opening Day: 500K
    End of Opening Weekend: 50K
    Today: 5K or a trade for a can of beans.

Point is players are opening crates for A) Something Red, B) Something Yellow, C) Plat / Gold which are 'respins' and they can open MORE crates for MORE chances at Something Red or Something Yellow. Everything else can be hot for a day or two, then just becomes filler that gets in the way. I know when I open crates, if you happen to be standing next to me, you are going to get Ethyl Bombed. Perhaps now someone is going to get Elixir Bombed.

Of course, there is an alternative, but that would be too much work. That would be CHANGING the extra thing in the crates weekly to keep its value and give players a new reason to open them. Perhaps a different elixir type, or differing vanities, constantly discontinuing the previous one. Players do LOVE discontinued items
    Taking one of the ONLY remain consolation prizes (50K) out of locked is a bad idea. The real fix is adding new items weekly or bi-weekly in locked (that will have some value) and instead this is another nerf to plat buyers recently... (lix for gold and now taking gold away from people that open locked). Unless you hit the 50k with prices the way they are today it not only costs you plat to open but also gold.

Less and less reasons to even spend plat on opening locked crates. Now better spent on revives since you can buy lix now with gold. Well my playing will be getting a lot cheaper I guess... Nerfing the people that pay your salary doesn't seem like a bright idea to me... idk. I wouldn't feel this way if there was something to replace the nerfs but there isn't. If there were new pinks bi-weekly that did different things this might be ok but that takes work... much easier to just take stuff away from people that pay I guess.

After all where do people think most (not all but lets be real) of the orange and red items came from...js.

The 30% damage elixir is a step in the right direction.
    Last edited by notfaded1; 04-24-2014 at 12:59 PM.
    rogue ~ retired GM Enigmatic

2. The Following User Says Thank You to notfaded1 For This Useful Post: