Thread: My impression of PvP this season...

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Default My impression of PvP this season...

Up until this past week, I did not do PvP at all this season, and also did not do much PvP last season as I was undergeared most of the season. During season 4, I had the best gear and was pretty dominant in PvP. I had a 3/1 KDR in TDM and a 2/1 KDR in CTF.

A couple of weeks ago I picked up an arcane staff, and now have full mythic gear to go along with that, so I decided I would try PvP again after a long absence. While I do not have an arcane ring, I feel like my gear is better than most of the players out there. So I expected to be somewhat dominant again.

So far I have found PvP this season to be quite unbalanced. The balance issues do NOT seem to affect 1-on-1 battles so much as they affect group battles. Put me 1-on-1 against anyone and I can put up a really good fight and probably win most of the time. But put 2 warriors with decent gear in a party, and put any other combination of players on the other team and they will lose every time. I know there were some changes made to HOR a while back, but it is obvious to me that those changes were not extreme enough.

At one point I had a team that included 2 arcane staff mages, a mythic rogue and a warrior with arcane maul, and on the other team was 3 warriors, only one of which had arcane maul, and a mage with a crate rifle. The team with the 3 warriors won every single battle and we could not kill any of them even once.

I'm obviously not the only one who has noticed this, because after playing PvP somewhat regularly for the past week, it seems that 75% of the players in PvP are warriors, which means many mages and rogues have become disinterested.

I'm not sure what the answer is to fixing this, but we have reached a point where the team with more warriors will win every battle. It would be nice if skill and gear mattered somewhat in that equation.

So far even with my arcane staff and full mythic gear, the best I can manage is a slightly lower than 1/1 KDR. When talking to other mages, I've basically been told that is the best a mage can do in PvP at this time. That is quite discouraging. If something doesn't change in the near future, I will most likely be giving up PvP all together.
    Last edited by Energizeric; 05-03-2014 at 03:43 PM.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Energizeric For This Useful Post: