Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: My impression of PvP this season...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Default My impression of PvP this season...

Up until this past week, I did not do PvP at all this season, and also did not do much PvP last season as I was undergeared most of the season. During season 4, I had the best gear and was pretty dominant in PvP. I had a 3/1 KDR in TDM and a 2/1 KDR in CTF.

A couple of weeks ago I picked up an arcane staff, and now have full mythic gear to go along with that, so I decided I would try PvP again after a long absence. While I do not have an arcane ring, I feel like my gear is better than most of the players out there. So I expected to be somewhat dominant again.

So far I have found PvP this season to be quite unbalanced. The balance issues do NOT seem to affect 1-on-1 battles so much as they affect group battles. Put me 1-on-1 against anyone and I can put up a really good fight and probably win most of the time. But put 2 warriors with decent gear in a party, and put any other combination of players on the other team and they will lose every time. I know there were some changes made to HOR a while back, but it is obvious to me that those changes were not extreme enough.

At one point I had a team that included 2 arcane staff mages, a mythic rogue and a warrior with arcane maul, and on the other team was 3 warriors, only one of which had arcane maul, and a mage with a crate rifle. The team with the 3 warriors won every single battle and we could not kill any of them even once.

I'm obviously not the only one who has noticed this, because after playing PvP somewhat regularly for the past week, it seems that 75% of the players in PvP are warriors, which means many mages and rogues have become disinterested.

I'm not sure what the answer is to fixing this, but we have reached a point where the team with more warriors will win every battle. It would be nice if skill and gear mattered somewhat in that equation.

So far even with my arcane staff and full mythic gear, the best I can manage is a slightly lower than 1/1 KDR. When talking to other mages, I've basically been told that is the best a mage can do in PvP at this time. That is quite discouraging. If something doesn't change in the near future, I will most likely be giving up PvP all together.
    Last edited by Energizeric; 05-03-2014 at 03:43 PM.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Energizeric For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts

It's not the mage class that is underpowered this season, they are more than capable of beating other mages and rogues. Give them more survivability or damage than they already have, and rogues wouldn't be able kill them.On the other hand, I think that STG gave tanks slightly more damage than what was intended (maybe it's the magma claymore). Tanks do mage-level damage, and that is a bit too extreme of a buff for them this season. Imo, Mages > rogues > warriors (> mages).
    Credits to Iady

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts

Default My impression of PvP this season...

Pvp in arcane is bad..... Thats why i dont pvp much EVERY game I get ganged by people because im underpowered..... Dont pvp in al as a sorc or rogue at endgame unless u got the bes gear, if not a warrior( like in pl) will kill u in a few shots while slowly peck him to death and do about 20% dmg..... Even as a sorcerer with the bes gear, warriors with bad gear will kill you almost all the time 1v1 cuz they so damn op like pl's beckon stomp bear. No pvp lvl is balanced imo fights can last hours, pvp needs to be more fast paced and strategic like pl not about who has the best gear. Fights between warrior and warrior are endless, if a person gets ganged, they get 0 kills while other players get all kills due to op hp, dmg and endless battles, in pl I can 2v1 people and still kill one person before dying if lucky, but EVERY class has a heal in al its annoying. Al pvp is no where near balanced

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    150 Posts

Interesting is all i can say lol

Sent from my iPhone using tapatalk,Ign Athellikyn

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    259 Posts

I do agree that having more tanks on your side would increase your chance of winning but not all times.
    I would like to know if their sorc used curse or did your team used curse? The sorc is probably the MVP not the tank.
    Im guessing that the other two used magma claymore,
    magma claymore's proc aura dmg + dmg per swing would hurt those tanks from reflect dmg of curse.
    Anyways, i dont think more tanks is the only reason. I believe their sorc played well too.

Note: this is just an Opinion
    Last edited by Cero; 05-03-2014 at 05:25 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

IMO pvp is 70% skill and 30% gear. i have seen players who have the best gear but lack in skills.. this season i have made 3.5k kills wid 3k deaths in tdm and i have average gear needed for pvp..

As far as grup fyts go.. Try clock and curse together
    BAKLOLZ
    Guild Master of Immaculate

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    387 Posts

Don't underestimate Expedition Rifles!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Instanthumor For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

If you were to take 2 warriors with mythic gear and put them next to each other, and just have them both stand there and use HOR continuously and not fight back, even with my Kershal I could not kill them if you gave me an hour. They would heal each other faster than I could cause damage. And I have the best damage weapon in the game.

Warriors in groups are unbeatable. That is the issue at hand. If you were to have a 2 vs 2 battle with 2 warriors on both sides, that fight would never end, and that is the problem. Warriors need to be adjusted so that such a battle would end in a victory for one team. Until such a change is made, PvP is going to be unbalanced.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    87 Posts

Mages need an armor debuff skill, we simply don't hit hard enough against warriors. My lightning sometimes doesn't reach 1.5k. I have full mythics with expedition rifle brutality so i've got around 480 damage which is decent.

Sent from my ST26i using Tapatalk

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    584 Posts

I'd made a buff mages thread a while ago, some good ideas were in there: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...anges-to-Mages!
    Also, check http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...Buff-Lifegiver
    Still think these changes would be useful to an endgame smurf.

Personally I feel no class needs a nerf right now; a little buff for sorcerers would go down well, though. I think it's unfair that mages get to be the only class frequently 1 hit if they don't use the shield :/. Rogues and warriors can survive those lethal aimed shots without use of a skill, but sorcs? They need a skill for it. This is annoying, especially since there seems to be a small delay in between charging and casting of the shield. That couple of milliseconds can have you hit by a rogue's aimed shot, 1 hitting or almost 1 hitting you!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts

You guys don't understand the implications to other classes...If you buff mages, rogues are SURELY f***** because we struggle to kill the 4+ skill users with the same gear. In a mage vs warrior fight, the mages aren't underpowered, its the tanks that have efficient skill swaps and the damage, so they are OP. There is no buff needed imo, a slight nerf?
    Credits to Iady

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    788 Posts

^That's what I thought, yet wouldn't rogues be the dominant class if they can already kill a warrior just fine?

Also gonna put out there I haven't done PvP since 31 cap and I was a mage, so I may be wrong.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Trenton:1623470
    ^That's what I thought, yet wouldn't rogues be the dominant class if they can already kill a warrior just fine?

Also gonna put out there I haven't done PvP since 31 cap and I was a mage, so I may be wrong.

No lol, 80% of the warriors use 4+ skills ( VB, Jugg, SS, CS and AT) and it isnt a walk in the park to kill these tanks - it would take atleast 45+ seconds even if you are maxed
    Credits to Iady

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    129 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bless View Post
    No lol, 80% of the warriors use 4+ skills ( VB, Jugg, SS, CS and AT) and it isnt a walk in the park to kill these tanks - it would take atleast 45+ seconds even if you are maxed
    Yup
    AL-Freelancer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    177 Posts

That vengeblood mana recovery seriously needs a nerf. Tanks NEVER run out of mana in pvp. Thats just so lame. Why must warriors have damage, armor, hp, mana, everything? (I have played all 3 classes and like tank most as it is so OP. My second fav is rogue which is the only class that is balanced now. I would love to pvp more with mage, only if sts did something to help them survive more when fighting against equally full-geared rogues and tanks. )
    Last edited by Zynzyn; 05-04-2014 at 09:10 AM.

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    788 Posts

My bad, I hadn't realized warriors started using that many skills. All I remember was rogues taking some warriors out in like 15-20 seconds

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Trenton:1623553
    My bad, I hadn't realized warriors started using that many skills. All I remember was rogues taking some warriors out in like 15-20 seconds

Jugg is hard to kill through..
    Credits to Iady

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

Patience Bless, when they render warriors incapable of skill swappping, 90%* in my personal opinion, will be at a downfall. I and probably 2-3 other warriors in all of end game, probably only use 4 skills at a time when fighting. Just wait it out for when they can't. A little motto I heard, "when you lose, add a skill!"

When I see skill swapping warriors in 1v1's solely, I tell them to use 4. They get mad at me, meanwhile, theyre the ones using 6 skills, say, against a rogue or smurf. I try to stay fair for other players, they do not. Simply say "I'll come back when you can only use 4, we'll see how well you do then." It Blow's them out the park.
    Last edited by Theholyangel; 05-04-2014 at 10:37 AM.
    DL: Theholyangel: 36 Vampire.
    AL: Mewfs/Theanarchy: 41 Warrior.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    403 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    I'm not sure what the answer is to fixing this, but we have reached a point where the team with more warriors will win every battle. It would be nice if skill and gear mattered somewhat in that equation.
    Basically the team with most warriors has the greatest chance of winning. This is why certain guilds are known for stacking their side with warriors. This was pretty much common knowledge in season 5, so nothing has changed.

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    So far even with my arcane staff and full mythic gear, the best I can manage is a slightly lower than 1/1 KDR. When talking to other mages, I've basically been told that is the best a mage can do in PvP at this time. That is quite discouraging. If something doesn't change in the near future, I will most likely be giving up PvP all together.
    I recall you saying when you got kershal you would have a 8-1 KDR and would be whooping all our butts. You can't blame warriors entirely for your 1-1 KDR.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by falmear View Post
    I recall you saying when you got kershal you would have a 8-1 KDR and would be whooping all our butts. You can't blame warriors entirely for your 1-1 KDR.
    I thought for sure the kershal would make a big difference, but it hasn't really made a big difference. If every battle was 1-on-1 then yes, it would make a big difference. But in group battle sorcerers are still so squishy, and because I have a kershal everyone targets me first. So the same pattern keeps repeating itself.....Both groups run into battle, and I am always the first player to die every single time even though I got my shield charged. At best sometimes I manage to take another player with me due to curse. But when warriors are stacking HOR, it doesn't really matter how hard you hit them. You will never be able to kill them.
    Last edited by Energizeric; 05-04-2014 at 12:11 PM.