Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    656 Posts

Default Flawed buff/debuff mechanics.

Name:  AKPdw96.png
Views: 1288
Size:  34.9 KB

Quote Originally Posted by null_void View Post
    - Is there one or more debuff? If so, use the lowest damage multiplier (for example, if you have a 0.5 damage multiplier debuff and a 0.25 damage multiplier debuff, this would result in a multiplier of 0.25).
    - Otherwise, is there one or more buff? If so, use the highest damage multiplier (for example, if you have a 1.05 damage multiplier buff and a 1.25 damage multiplier buff, this would result in a multiplier of 1.25).
    Issue: Debuffs override buffs completely regardless of which (buff or debuff) is larger or which was applied first.

This concerns all three classes. Let's see what this practically means in some examples:

Example 1:
    Warrior's Axe Throw's 25% armor debuff VS Shadow Veil's 20% armor buff.

The buff is overriden and the full debuff is applied like normal afterwards for a grand total of...

Total: -45% armor (from buffed state).

Example 2:
    Aimed Shot's 15% armor debuff VS Shadow Veil's 20% armor buff.

Even while the 20% buff > 15% debuff, the debuff applies over the buff,cancelling it on the way. There is no 5% buff as you'd think, there's a full 15% debuff which means..

Total: -35% armor (from buffed state).
    Name:  748997d1340862698-lets-see-your-gs-collection-big-small-dont-shy-we-all-start-one-tumblr_m38b5fj.jpg
Views: 1891
Size:  88.6 KB

More occassions where armor buffs are rendered useless:
    -[Warrior] Axe Throw's 25% armor debuff.-[Arena/Nordr] Frostir's/Frozen Golems' (in the blue slowdown zone) 20% armor debuff.
    -[Shuyal mobs] Shuyal demon dogs 10% armor debuff.
    -[Tindirin boss] Arachna's 10% armor debuff from poison pools.
    -[TDM/CTF] Numerous pets' passives that include armor debuff.

That's a pretty flawed logic if you ask me.
    Last edited by Madnex; 07-21-2015 at 01:24 PM. Reason: Edited to remove inaccurate example and less drama.

2. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Madnex For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Nice research. I never test things out, but my experience always told me those debuffs from enemies are deadlier than whatever buffs I had. And thus my dislike for scorn. Another mystery unraveled I supposed.
    -rethgifllub-

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

This sort of logic also leads to your bread and butter builds that you have now. So, to create variety in builds, one should have the logic that Madnex is suggesting!

+1

PS: Ty for all the testing, it was fun!
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    656 Posts

I'm out of thanks somehow? It was fun indeed Z!

Something else that seems fitting to add here as I expect it to be of interest to a lot of rogues is that the incoming fix on Samael that has individual issues as a pet and currently doesn't offer any damage buff in nor PvE or PvP is going to show damage increase in PvE only.

Anyway, I hope this gets the proper attention so the required adjustments are made in a logical time window!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    180 Posts

Oh no there is a deep explanation in this.......but with all these Debuff rogue used to kill everyone in PVP as now the stats are correctly visible...the final thing is

Rogue rocks.....Warrior might be king in PVE but Rogue are king in PVP. lol

~Prahi

https://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?218499-YouTube-Channel!-Gaming-at-Peaks

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

I don't know if this explains what you discovered, but I'm thinking it does. Info by null_void

Name:  debuff.png
Views: 1273
Size:  166.6 KB
    You never know what you can do until you try
    There are two ways of doing something: right, and again.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Serancha For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    656 Posts

Nice find Sera! Thanks!

Now that we have it confirmed, is there anything that's going to be done about it?

Is it working as intended because to me, this whole concept of debuffs overriding buffs of higher percents is plain wrong.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

Mr. Void was pretty clear that this is how it works. There was no comment about this being incorrect, so I believe it is intentional.

Note: this could also explain the pheonmenon being called a bug in pvp. If the damage reducer is considered a debuff by the system, it would logically cancel any damage buffs.

However, this was not the case in April when rav and I tested it. A 15% damage pet did indeed give 5% damage, implying that the class adjustments are not actually debuffs. The numbers are all posted on the thread in the general forum regarding % damage from kalizza's discovery.

This is why most of the things people are freaking out about, are no surprise to those of us who did the testing. We knew this stuff months ago.
    Last edited by Serancha; 06-05-2014 at 02:32 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    656 Posts

Yes, this is fundamentally wrong. I also did testing but had no idea about the extent of the findings and honestly I don't think anyone realized what they really meant until now - we were still under the belief that 10% damage nerf was class-global.

The most concerning and easily noticeable PvE results for this messed up mechanism are armor and speed debuffs, as far as I can tell. Well, I guess most people won't care as long as it doesn't mess their precious damage...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

Nerfing all classes the same amount in pvp would not be balancing it. It makes sense that some are reduced more than others (or even increased) in order to make an equal environment for all classes. Just my opinion though.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    656 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Serancha View Post
    Nerfing all classes the same amount in pvp would not be balancing it. It makes sense that some are reduced more than others (or even increased) in order to make an equal environment for all classes. Just my opinion though.
    Why yes it would and that's what has happened too - I believe the 10% healing debuff is applied to all classes.

Lowering a specific statistic like healing will shorten the fight length long enough for the warrior not to have the same amount of time to wait for second Juggernaut cooldown, for example. In terms of raw healing power, the warrior comes last and that's why the difference is noticeable nowadays.

On the other hand, sorcerers never noticed it since they possess much less HP, refuse to spec STR and choose to maximize their INT which controls healing power. So there was practically no change for them there - you'd have to use uncharged healing to notice it's weakened effect and no one does that.

The difference for rogues is very small as well but another fact that made the transition unnoticeable is that no one uses combat medic on PvE and even if they did, it's been bugged to give 2x healing power per pack so the results are not helping at all.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    656 Posts

Regarding rogues who are using damage pets in PvP, the above means that the 10% damage nerf applied solely on the Rogue class is nullifying any and all damage buffs (pet damage buff, shadow veil damage buff, passive damage buff) when you enter a PvP room and also decreases your damage by 10% afterwards.

So for example let's say your damage with Flap Jack that has 15%damage buff, is 500. Upon entering PvP your damage buff will be nullified (500 - (15/100)*500 = 500 - 75) resulting in 425 damage. THEN, the 10% damage nerf kicks in, lowering your damage again (425 - (10/100)*425 = 425 - 42.5) resulting in a disheartening 382,5 final damage output.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Madnex For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Idk if my brain can comprehend all these algorithms.
    But one thing is for certain, I use glacian,
    No damage buff in the happiness bonus,
    Being a lvl 8 twink in pvp ,
    My dps is 70.9 in tdm
    And 63.8 in ctf. with the same gear,
    There both PvP. Clearly theres a issue going on here. And your guy's logic isn't making sense to me in this situation.
    So im debuffed in only one playlist? thats fancy.
    IGN Cruelness

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    656 Posts

Edited, refer to post one.

@Dope:
    Still, CTF is clearly debuffing that DPS by 10% (70.9 - 7.09 = 63.8). So that confirms the above logic.
    Last edited by Madnex; 07-08-2014 at 10:43 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Madnex View Post
    Regarding rogues who are using damage pets in PvP, the above means that the 10% damage nerf applied solely on the Rogue class is nullifying any and all damage buffs (pet damage buff, shadow veil damage buff, passive damage buff) when you enter a PvP room and also decreases your damage by 10% afterwards.

So for example let's say your damage with Flap Jack that has 15%damage buff, is 500. Upon entering PvP your damage buff will be nullified (500 - (15/100)*500 = 500 - 75) resulting in 425 damage. THEN, the 10% damage nerf kicks in, lowering your damage again (425 - (10/100)*425 = 425 - 42.5) resulting in a disheartening 382,5 final damage output.
    Well yes, of course this is the case. That is because 10% of the pet damage is never applied in the first place. All buffs/debuffs are calculated on your initial, unbuffed stats. Even if buffs stack, they don't buff a buff.

For example if you have a 50% xp buff and a 25% xp buff, they are both added on the initial naked xp value. The second buff does not add itself onto the buffed amount. If you have 100xp naked, and then add 50% xp buff, the 25% is not then calculated on 150, it is calculated on the initial value of 100.

So any reduction would be calculated based on your base damage, not your damage after the pet has been calculated.So it must be naked damge - 10%, not damage with 5% flapjack damage - 10%.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    656 Posts

There's no difference in the calculations, I simply worded it in another way to avoid some confusion and length. If you look again, I'm removing the full pet buff (15% in the above example) before reducing the damage by 10%. So yes, practically, all damage buffs for rogue are removed by entrance to PvP areas and then a 10% damage nerf applies.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

UPDATE:
    Looks like below L20 the damage debuff doesn't apply on TDM.

@Dope:
    Still, CTF is clearly debuffing that DPS by 10% (70.9 - 7.09 = 63.8). So that confirms the above logic.
    I was aware of the debuff in ctf, what I was mentioning was why it's only ctf, kinda weird, if only levels under 20 aren't affected in Tdm,
    IGN Cruelness

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    656 Posts

Beats me. I could swear the damage debuff applied on my L41 rogue in TDM when I originally tested - currently that's not the case though.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Beats me. I could swear the damage debuff applied on my L41 rogue in TDM when I originally tested - currently that's not the case though.
    You're not the only one, when I tested it was the same result but that is not the case anymore? I tested seconds after the client update though, I believe.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    656 Posts

I don't really get what's going on here, I retried just now and it's adjusted back to both CTF *and* TDM. This will be the third time I will be editing this statement about TDM - the heck is going on lol? I'll test on below L20 to make sure.

I'm starting to think the warrior's complaint on healing debuff coming and going per various updates holds some true..