Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: An Explanation of Tiers, Leaderboards and the Energy System During Ursoth's Assault

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

well not going to give any opinion.. worthless.. many gave many opinion in goblin event [as you guys said its a test project] including me!! all said to remove energy system and make more or less like tarlok event and you guys just included energy crafting system :\ huh.. Nothing to say really.. This game is for rich player even i got few money to run and get few pets or new items but think about the player who hardly can earn gold.. 50% of my pve friend alr quited this game and i also dont find its any interesting.. This season is total flop in my view [may differ in ur eyes idc] Good luck with this pve events !! One more event um going to check !! Thank you STS for this game!! IF i said Anything bad um Sorry

GAME: ARCANE LEGENDS
    IGN: Sazib||Ieed LVL: 41
    GUILD: MAGNUM

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Crowsfoot View Post
    The reason I said this is that the people arguing in general have these points:

1) the event is only for the rich and costs too much plat.

2) energy is too expensive and the cool down for more energy is too long.

3) Tarlok was the best event.

---

Here is my opinions towards those arguments:

1) Many lb Runners used gold not plat. Furthermore, there should be an advantage to rich players. There is an advantage to them in the current leaderboards, PvP, and elite so this advantage is expected.

2) The cool down is too long but the price per kit isn't that bad. Last event: 1 gyrm egg = 50 kits, 175 tokens (58 runs) = 20 kits, and locks covered many kits. Some players made money simply by looting a lot of gyrms. The myth weapons and double odd crates will make running the event profitable with the use if kits.

Should the cool down on energy be lowered? Yes, but will it change your odds of making the lb? Not a chance.

3) The Tarlok system that everyone is glorifying almost made me quit the game. In that event you COULDN'T compete without plat. At least now everyone has equal odds. The guaranteed dragon for 1 plat was ridiculous and destroyed the market. The tier system and random boss spawns rewards time invest!sent, something we have never seen before.

The energy system is ingenious in my opinion. It allows STG to make money off of both plat by encouraging usage of a disposable item by nonplat players. It also creates a supply and demand market controlled by the players instead if purely the in game store (same goes for elixir kits).

---

This aside, I would like to think my post was thanked because of the analysis of what was provided and questions that were directly related to problems that delayed the event. Those questions were answered and shows that the two major glitches that gave early advantages have been resolved. Were there better ways to handle portal holding? Probably, but coding a system that is 100% bullet proof is unlikely. STS isn't going to risk cheating in this event with 30 SnS eggs on the line.

I do have a bias. I am a nonplat player. As such, I'm a dog with a bone with an event that gives no definite advantage to plat players. I have the same chance at the lb as anyone else. The deciding factor will be time investment which is something I've been lobbying for in AL since I joined the forums.
    ok I'm going to answer to your points one by one
    1) You said that plat players are in lb and paying their money to help StS to DEVELOP the game so it's logical to have the advantage. Well I thought that all this arcane gear and lb and gold on their acc was the advantage. But the pint is that when you do an event all and I mean ALL players need to have the shame odds especially when an arcane pet is one the line.
    2) Yes if the lower the cooldown in like 15 min for 1 energy it will be helpful as for the price are you kidding me 15k for 1 energy is a good price that means that with 100k I can buy 4? is that a good deal for you?
    3) Well yes the tarlok event was fun with all the loyal players hunting for the portal and I think you have your facts wrong the portal wasn't only 1plat for dragon it was 16plats or maybe 32plats if I'm not wrong but I don't think this is a problem because StS could make a simple adjustment to the upcoming event get nothing with plats. You will saay ohh what this guy is saying what about the advantage of this player that spend their money on game. If this questions crossed your mind you make me sick we see plat users advantage every day everywhere sooooo....... don't be so desperate

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Serancha View Post
    I'd rather be able to run as much as I want / am able to, no matter what the reward is. Something is very wrong with the concept of having players' ability to run / play as they wish restricted.

Yes, I understand STS put in a bunch of time to make this event system and made a major mistake of building it around an energy system that nobody wants. However, just because something has been done does not mean it can't be changed. STS has always told us that no change is final, but the statements from them now seem to say that energy is never going away.

If this must be the case so they don't toss out what they obviously spent a bunch of time developing, it needs to be adapted significantly in order to slow down the exodus of players from the game. This is what the community is asking for. I just hope we are heard.
    I agree. Getting one chance to run the map every 8 hours is an insult frankly, and absolutely no fun, but I think it's ok to not give completely open access to the map - you want some balance between it and the existing maps. Crafting energy is an improvement, at least at gives us incentive to play, but it still sounds like we'll be spending 80% of our time locked out of the event map which is too much, but we'll see. I think we should have more access than we're going to get, and if they think that will cost them plat, then they can rent "elondrian lucky charms" to the plat-heads instead. But anyway, STG aren't stupid, and they'll find the best approach over time I hope.

Now, about that bear - say wut? That thing is more powerful than talon, it makes nearly all legendary pets worthless, except as backups, and for the occasional special skill. Don't get me wrong, I want that bear, but it is op. Everyone in the game is going to get it probably, so in a month's time the only thing you're going to see in AL is dovabears everywhere. A pet that powerful should be hard to get, not a freebie. But oh well, I'm looking forward to the event, it looks better then goblin.

Now, while we're here, and sorry for drifting a bit o/t, but devs, for the love of Mike, please make damage stack. It is ridiculous that it doesn't. All the other stats stack, but not damage and it really messes up how we use passive stats and pets. There's no justification for it, it actually feels like a simple bug (not deliberate), so just fix it please and give us the proper benefit of our pets, stats and buffs. Tx.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Hi, Is the banner available on twink? If they go Silver and Gold tier?

Sent from my SM-T211 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    144 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Slardz View Post
    Hi, Is the banner available on twink? If they go Silver and Gold tier?

probably, but the LB banner wont since LB will start at 35+

cute is just my cover

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bunny♥ For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fraline View Post
    probably, but the LB banner wont since LB will start at 35+
    Oh, It's only end gamrs then. But the Event is available for any levels.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    144 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Slardz View Post
    Oh, It's only end gamrs then. But the Event is available for any levels.

yep, everyone can run in portals, any level .

cute is just my cover

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I don't often post on the forums but here goes...
    Does this event favor the rich players? Yes, but at the same time many of them have invested their own money into getting where they are. My only problem with a select few of them is how they control the market, but again that is life. I know some will argue that they don't, but they do. Short story- I wanted to buy an item (of which there were only 3 of in CS). A known merch was also selling that item (no I will not name names) and I asked how much. They quoted me 100k over highest CS price, so I pointed out there were cheaper ones in CS. They walked over, bought out ALL THREE, then told me "now there aren't". Sadly this happens and no it is NOT all merchants in this game. Are the economics of the game screwed up? Yes. Can STS do anything in the span of one event to magically fix them? No, not really. Here come the "are you an economics major?" taunts. No, I'm not. But I did minor in it during my BSBA.

On to the event itself. I was not able to play aside from the last 2 days of the last event, but this does seem like an improvement over that. The energy system is not fun, but STS is not about to refund people that held on to the kits from the last event. How many of you sitting on 1m worth of kits would like to see them become absolutely worthless? So no, at least for now, the energy system cannot be taken away. I will say that considering there are 2 major crafting categories during this event, it would be extremely helpful to expand crafting slots (at least during the event period). Plat spenders will speed up crafts regardless, and this will give non-plat spenders a little boost at least. Furthermore, in addition to crafting, if the energy time was sped up considerably this would also decrease the value of energy kits and cause even more problems. Perhaps just a slightly better time than 8hrs would be nice. This topic also goes back to plat vs. non-plat. If plat spenders had no advantage, they would not spend money to buy plat. So no, STS can't completely cut down the 8hr wait time, but just a little bit might help non-plat spenders have a fighting chance.

Now for the arcane pet that is available. First, I have not seen the stats on this pet, so I really cannot comment on what advantage it will give to its owners. I don't particularly like the fact that it is only being given to leaderboard winners, but I also cannot come up with any other ideas at the moment. I am not a programmer so I don't know how STS would even be able to control the drop rate out of crates vs. the drop rate of the mythics in regards to putting them in crates. My main problem with this (and again I really can't think of a solution right now) is that most players know who will land on the leaderboards and are not really willing to even try for them. This causes a problem for STS as well. People spend to land on the leaderboards. They spend money to win. If most players are commenting that they are not even going to bother trying, why should people spend the money to win? This is not just talking about plat. These energy kits drain the gold in the game from rich players. which helps the economy more than some realize. If people are discouraged from competing, why are people going to spend the money to win? That's it for now. Sorry for the extremely long post.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to firefitrwife For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

good for mage too
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhaindra View Post
    The Bear really warrior pet. I dont care about LB. I m sure cant win. only want this pet. thanks STS.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

12. The Following User Says Thank You to leroycox77 For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

So far the event looks good. Im not happy I cant compete for LB on my lvl 10 but, ill get over it...People need to stop complaining about plat users n ect,,,I was poor the Goblin event but ive had plenty of time to prep for this Ursoft event, so my plat is ready and I expect to get something more than a non-plat user. Also, I was expecting to get shady n surge n a crate, but doesnt look like thats going to happen or new weapons< but owell< lets start this thing. Ty IGN: Secretservice

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Classychic View Post
    Hohoho I had to check what STS wanted to do with us in his/her post! Still rofl!!
    Yeah lol.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Atten For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by leoakre View Post
    My sentiments exactly, Sera! Why are only the positive feedback posts deserving of a Dev's acknowledgment of thanks?! Feels as though we have not been heard at all. Maybe it's just me, I don't know about the others who have played since season 1, but this game has had a special spot in my heart up until this last 'mega platinum friendly' season! And, this last Goblin event along with the planned Ursoth's event only leave me full of disappointment and sadness for a once fun, endearing, and very cool game. Our cries for the conservation of a once pleasurable gaming experience have fallen upon deaf ears...sighs.
    hi Leo
    how is ur left arm? has it recovered?

17. The Following User Says Thank You to utpal For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts

Im excited about rewards like the bear and new weapons but dissapointed how once again top players are rewarded for spending most plat. Stop trying drain peoples pockets. Also make it so normal players like myself have chance instead revolving around plat. I know you must make money but this is ridiculous. Also this energy idea is just bad! Srsly 8hrs for energy wtf? That long cd + the time we not on doesnt even give normal players chance to get rewards that are attainable. I know i didnt get ones for goblin event. I ended up buying em cus system sucked. Lower the cd significantly or do away entirely and up tiers. What happened to events like tarlok even though goblin was annoying there too..does sts like goblins or something? Wtf come up with something entirely new and original for event boss for once. Anyhow im done cus this makes me sick thinking but i do look forward to bear and weapons so props on that sts.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Veluthe For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Dear all,

I read through all the posts in this thread.

I don't want to comment all those who compaining "plat users will win".
    I also do not want to comment those "I want S+S but I do not want to participate in the event".

Honestly.
    - I am just curious if there is ANY user who is non-plat user (like me) and have all arcane pets? All arcane pet collectors are plat users.
    - STS gave additional craftable energy point, lootable energy point (from chests).
    - I usually optimize my gameplay. If all energy point would refill within 8 hours, I would have the inner urge to log in and play... this would have serious NEGAIVE impact to my real life...
    - Everybody liked Tarlok event. In Tarlok event I am SURE that plat users won the lb...
    I liked Goblin as well (again, I am a non-plat user but bught some energy for gold) and I know I will not be in the top 10, not even in top 50.
    - Regarding "worth to create a new pet for 30-40 people". I calculated that the 1st guy in Goblin event spent 2x times of my monthly salary for plat (energy) - or bought for gold from someone who spent their $ - does not matter. I am pretty sure that it worths to develop a new pet for 30-40 users.
    - Everybody is compaining about craft station, BUT this inhibits to flood the CS with new locked! This is GOOD FOR ECONOMY. (Maybe the current locked price will not go up so steep, but this is just part of the game).
    - With this "easily available" Eldorian Spirit chest there is a chance for non-plat users as well...

So everything seems MUCH MORE balanced.
    I am just curious what can we purchase for our earned event tokens... (the other bear is one - I assume), but what else? Will be something for twinks as well?
    That was my 2 cents.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to vfreakhun For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts

I was very vocal about the Goblin event, ranted about it twice in my blog posts, but I'll say let's give this Ursoth Assault a try, at the moment many are hating it before it has even started. Energy balls dropping may allow us to enter portals more than once in 8 hours, hopefully.

My reckoning STS want another distribution method instead of lockeds and they see the energy system being the solution. I must say one thing that can make this energy system slightly more appealing, and also make me put away my scythe and that is the cost of just one energy ball!

I am sure no one in STS will have their property foreclosed or starve to death if they reduce it's plat cost down from 15. The higher the plat cost the higher the gold cost too, 15k gold for one energy ball was ridiculous.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

I don't think the sts should put shady and surge in locks because if they did put it in locks many people will have it and well use it in PvP. Pvp won't be fun anymore because this pet well op everyone and well kill everybody fast. So if they put this in locks more and more people well complain about CTF or tdm blah blah blah more crying because of this

I say don't put this pet in locks

Sent from my XT1028 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    189 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by utpal View Post
    hi Leo
    how is ur left arm? has it recovered?
    Hi! Thanks for asking, I really appreciate being remembered! Still very painful and hasn't healed correctly but I still find a way to get thru the day and still enjoy arcane legends!

Omg...waiting for Crow or Zeus to call me out on how many times I used the word 'still'
    Last edited by leoakre; 06-21-2014 at 03:11 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lowratehitman View Post
    I don't think the sts should put shady and surge in locks because if they did put it in locks many people will have it and well use it in PvP. Pvp won't be fun anymore because this pet well op everyone and well kill everybody fast. So if they put this in locks more and more people well complain about CTF or tdm blah blah blah more crying because of this

I say don't put this pet in locks

Sent from my XT1028 using Tapatalk
    The thing is, 30 of these pets are already being released which is quite a substantial figure. So, that point is relatively mute.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

again zues will lead this event.. go bro

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    58 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Waheedski View Post
    15k gold for one energy ball was ridiculous.
    Everyone says "we need more energy", "we need cheaper energy", even "we dont want energy".
    Why?? The rewards are designed for 3 runs a day.
    If energy was cheaper or restored 3 points every 8 hours, you would have to run this "boring goblin map" 3 times as many, and yet, the rewards would stay the same (because STS would have to scale them down obviously).
    If energy was unlimited, the rewards would be designed for 4-6 hours of play every day, and the complaints of "out-of-reach for most" would be endless.
    The existence and high cost of energy actually makes the system MORE FAIR for free/poor players.

Everyone, please, accept the fact that the event will NOT take over your real lives for 3 weeks.
    And, you can still run the event 24/7 if you want to. I am pretty sure that energy essence drops will be the limiting factor, not the 5 crafting slots.
    Disclaimer: my lameness is figurative but strong