Thread: The Rules of PvP?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts

Default The Rules of PvP?

I haven't done a huge amount of PvP, mainly just with friends having a friendly match. I see a number of posts with, "running is bad", "you should wait and let the other guy recover....", etc.. Is there a post somewhere with the informal rules of PvP listed? Have I shot somebody after they exhausted all their skills? Yes, when two guys on the other team were silly enough to do an over-kill job on my team-mate, I came around the corner and blew them both away without a second thought. Is that wrong? I've started to run from somebody and done a quick reverse charge and shot them. Is that not allowed? I didn't call "foul!" when somebody shot me at the respawn point (although that strikes me as uber-cheesy and I wouldn't do it). I have even snuck up and shot someone while they were focused on my team-mate lurking around a different corner--bad?

I'd like to do more PvP, but I'm hesitant since I don't know all the agreed-upon rules. Help?
    Rauen Haikus' dex 60 sammich-maker; Grievousangel Haikus' 58 Mage/Butler, Jeffrey; Diffie Wounded's 55 drink-mixer; Ghazaal Noobmigo's 47 cheerleader. SL: Rauen, 36 Op & Bod's turkey baster; Yosinabe 36 Engi; Chedaka 36 Comm

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

there are no rules to pvp, thats just how people want to play
    Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    That. Is. AWESOME!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    630 Posts

The only thing I could say is bad is leaving before dying.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts

So, do people ever go over what they feel is allowed beforehand or...? I mean, to me it's like PvE: it's probably not fair that I can Repulse Mynas right before he smacks me, but I do it and follow it up with a combo because I want him dead. Some of the things I've seen mentioned I can understand--I won't run around deliberately waiting for someone's buffs to fade, for example. But if they're way over there and I'm way over here and they choose to buff then...well, there's a good chance it'll wear off before we get near each other. And sitting on respawn points...well, what are you afraid of, anyway? The closest I've ever come to trash talk was a bear telling me in great detail how soon I was going to be dead and I told him, "Come get some". He did. He got a self-combo followed by Repulse. Bears can travel a fair distance backwards. And dead. (To be fair to said bear, I found out later just how painful Beckon can be. Lol.)
    Rauen Haikus' dex 60 sammich-maker; Grievousangel Haikus' 58 Mage/Butler, Jeffrey; Diffie Wounded's 55 drink-mixer; Ghazaal Noobmigo's 47 cheerleader. SL: Rauen, 36 Op & Bod's turkey baster; Yosinabe 36 Engi; Chedaka 36 Comm

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    88 Posts

there are no rules, just be polite and dont leave before you die
    RIP Twinktastic

AEO is the way to go~now recruiting

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

>>>>MY<<<< pvp morals; Leaving before death, killing Someone before cooldowns/regen, deliberately killing someone when they don't fight back (they stand there and do nothing, while you spam skills. Should be able to tell before you kill them, although I know accidents happen), excessive teaming (especially when you tell them not to, and I will leave and come back if I am teamed)

Anyone who breaks said rules, gets an immediate free-for-all, and all rules in said body are null and void. They will get killed the dirtiest ways I can find or use (running, leaving, teaming, tree hiding, etc.)

Anyways, happy pvp adventures and always remember a dirty fighter is no better than a cheater.
    Last edited by BlasterBird; 01-06-2011 at 05:56 PM. Reason: typo
    Blasterbird- lvl 20 twink
    Intbird- Main acc
    Soloed- new acc, soloing to 50.

Need a twink build? Ask here!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

yah, i dont think there is any rules, it's just not nice for an unfair fight, like fighting someone who just killed the boss and probably have only half hp left, and rage quit is the most unpleasant thing.

[Lt] Shiny

No "rules" whatsoever. There just are people (like me) that stick to certain ways of playing by leveling up the playing field and making it somewhat "fair". For example, what you typing before, that loads of people (like me) don't like 'runners' in PvP. Running is just an excuse to flee and regen or get an Orb (booster). Another "rule" is that, like mentioned by other people before, quitting when you are getting tanked. Nobody likes those players. That's why there's the word "n00b" or "nuB" to descride that certain retreating character.

None of your business, creeper... Geez...
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

The main issues with pvp are leavers and kill stealers. As for ganging goes, people should know what their limits are, and not bum-rush the opposing team by themselves. On the flip-side, if the other team just OPs one enemy, who's by themself, then that's not cool either.

Nonetheless, these aren't rules, more like PvP courtesies. But it's not required.

random:
    Mr. Popo: If you're going to find the Dragonballs, you'll have to depart to Namek, home of the Dragonballs.
    Bulma: Namek? Well, that's a planet I've never heard of!
    Mr. Popo: Oh will you look at that, a woman who doesn't know any better. Who woulda thought?
    Krillin: Uh, actually, Mr. Popo, sir, to be fair about it... Up until recently, I haven't really heard of that planet either...
    Mr. Popo: Oh will you look at that, a woman who doesn't know any better.
    Krillin: AH! Dammit, walked right into that one...
    Expert pvp builder and tester, horrible execution XD
    Quote Originally Posted by Register View Post
    I was trying to be optimistic. Thanks for eating my fries.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

i will run as far as my weak little mage legs will take me if i know i wont survive without my buff, and it is recharging. its a team battle. dont just make a giant blob and absorb people. i once stayed dead, though i had revive option, and waited for other team to pass my stretch of corridor. i spawn in the middle, and pull 2 people down with me (not good, agreed, but hey im not pro)

my point is... if 1vs1, im guessing that there can be some small rulemaking, but if it is a massive team battle just go with the flow.
    404 - not found ...maybe one day...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,020 Posts

There are no rules. Just play fair, and put yourself in others shoes. No one likes people that leave and rejoin before they die or boost kills.....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

1v1 Rules.

must wait untill both players say go, or rdy.
    must not leave at mid hp
    must kill each other.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    77 Posts

No rules, just etiquette. Bad pvp etiquette=boot

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

No rules. Its a fight, red vs blue. Leaving while getting killed is lame, but other than that, if you're on the other team I'm trying to kill you, full timers on skills or not..