Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: More Shadow Cave Changes Coming

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

i still dont see myself farming caves..maybe VL once in awhile..

but pvp is the only reason why i play pl, and cinco..rewards are more important than lvl cap rise.
    Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    That. Is. AWESOME!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kossi View Post

but pvp is the only reason why i play pl, and cinco..rewards are more important than lvl cap rise.
    I think he agrees. He's mentioned several times he's not sure he wants to raise the level cap.
    Of course, that could have been another one of his many lies

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Like it all except for having to clear VL for a "chance portal spawn" Makes the caves "unreachable" for casual players or players that only spend a couple hours a day playing. Realize it is great for the "hardcore" guys that have the time to clear VL....so, glad I got my loot when I did as I won't be able to get into the caves except maybe on the weekend....and please let some of the trash mobs drop stuff to offset pot purchases as Chubbsy suggested. Thanks.

edit And I totally agree with Les about locking the Cave games or letting the second player inherit the game if the originator leaves. Had too many runs ruined by level 25 guys in a level 50 dungeon that wouldn't leave and couldn't be booted.
    Last edited by CowboyJim; 01-13-2011 at 09:22 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kossi View Post

meh cap raise is still worth it. means a whole new board to base updates and content on. and more pvp maps. I like the cave-like one a lot, but meh, could use something smaller and curvy
    404 - not found ...maybe one day...

Guardian of Alterra Physiologic's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

Yeah, I wondered why there was never more emphasis on hosting capabilities - either passing on host if host disconnects or giving players ability to pass host to one another. Very useful for raids in mmos.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CowboyJim View Post
    Like it all except for having to clear VL for a "chance portal spawn" Makes the caves "unreachable" for casual players or players that only spend a couple hours a day playing. Realize it is great for the "hardcore" guys that have the time to clear VL....so, glad I got my loot when I did as I won't be able to get into the caves except maybe on the weekend....and please let some of the trash mobs drop stuff to offset pot purchases as Chubbsy suggested. Thanks.
    these are elite content caves. in themselves they take time. these are basically made with hardcore in mind.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CowboyJim View Post
    He didn't say yet whether all mobs have to be cleared or just bosses. If it's bosses, it really doesn't take that long -- compared to the time you'll spend getting through all the caves.
    If you have the time to go through the caves (I don't personally see myself doing this too often), then you should have the few extra minutes to go through VL.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lesrider View Post
    He didn't say yet whether all mobs have to be cleared or just bosses. If it's bosses, it really doesn't take that long -- compared to the time you'll spend getting through all the caves.
    If you have the time to go through the caves (I don't personally see myself doing this too often), then you should have the few extra minutes to go through VL.
    im willing to bet it's mobs too. we'll just have to find the magic number if it is not all of them

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Thanks Cinco, great changes!

Les, the games need to remain open in case someone needs to leave and be replaced. Sometimes you don't have someone to invite so anybody joining is great, also it helps you meet new people. Please leave it open and joinable.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by krazii View Post

Les, the games need to remain open in case someone needs to leave and be replaced. Sometimes you don't have someone to invite so anybody joining is great, also it helps you meet new people. Please leave it open and joinable.
    The hosting needs to be changed. On one run we had a lvl20 on the caves not wanting to leave and since there was no host all we did was leave. Also on the caves you need at least 1 tank for some of the bosses and when you have a party full of int mages (maybe a pally or two) you can't pass and no one wants to leave.

IMO Hosting needs to be address. Giving host to the next person that joined is good enough.
    Sig by KLEMEN
    IGN: E͡ℭ͟ӈҿͥ͜lͣoͫղg level 56 Mega Mage/Sewer mage ~ EchelongX lvl 55 Dex Bird

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by krazii View Post

Hmm if it's going to be this hard to get in, I don't think 4 people with friends lists should have trouble finding someone who wants in. Just like the first night -- everyone was inviting friends to Caves iv, v. If it's impossible to join randomly, friends will be more likely to take advantage of an invite.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Sounds very good. Almost all problems are gonna be dealt with, and pretty quick too!

Just a concern like Les', I don't think its a good idea to "leave" the portal in a VL map. I've seen the same guy hosting Cave 1-5 on the same character, at the same time. This could mean he completed VL with an alt on it, and kept the alt in the map and just rejoin through friend list so he has constant access to portal. (Sorry, just a valid issue if the point of completing VL is to spawn the portal). Idk how this can be done, but one I could think of is that everyone in that map (assuming you get the chance to "spawn" the portal) gets instantly teleported to the caves instead. This way the existing VL game is over, and no exploit.

Also, still one of the points of Les, is to remove the maps from the Join Game function. You can join through friend list or manually enter the portal is good IMO. Kinda defeats the whole purpose again of clearing VL when you can just join one, assuming there will be a free one.

Same point again with the host issue on cave maps.

Oh, and I think someone confused reading Cinco's post about the drop rates making them "higher", with multi-bosses the drop rate doesn't get higher per se (from 5%-10%) but instead it goes 5% roll two times. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Overall, gonna love this update! More play time for me
    Last edited by Ellyidol; 01-13-2011 at 09:27 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cinco View Post
    Yes - another one of my many lies! XD

(I have additional lies scheduled to release prior to the 1.7 update... heads' up )

- Cinco
    Out with it, not the "additional lies" but with some info on where your heading with 1.7, cmon a few snipets to satisfy our hunger!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

lol u be killing the exploit! been saving it since Halloween dungeon... meh never got to use it

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    64 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lesrider View Post
    Hmm if it's going to be this hard to get in, I don't think 4 people with friends lists should have trouble finding someone who wants in. Just like the first night -- everyone was inviting friends to Caves iv, v. If it's impossible to join randomly, friends will be more likely to take advantage of an invite.
    sincerly... i never saw the teleporter in VL LOL i always joined cave sessions....
    and the owner of more cave instances was often 1 guy only.. when someone found teleporter in vl, u just need to invite to that level to could open a cave game..
    (am i right..? )

btw:
    thx cinco that u listend us!
    changes arent bad, but drop rate lower than VL.... i was often some day without a loot in VL and there u kill a boss every 3min... here u need more time for 1 boss... still hard thought..
    ill may test out today later

AND YES there should always be a hoster! many low levels try to join partys and cant be booted... u cant do anything...
    - PL - Founder and proud C.O.T. officer
    RicciTS > DEX Bird L77 | Ricci > INT Mage L76 | XCarver> STR/DEX Bear L71
    and many more....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Cool

I like it cinco
    but what if the last boss on stage 5 had a 100% drop rate on one of the elite items. BUT to stop people just joining lvl 5 to get the pink it should only drop for those who worked through the first 4 stages i would give back hope of at least getting one pink for all the hard work and gold used on pots and elixers
    Tupaclegend lvl 62 Warrior
    proud member of C.O.T

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Oh and my idea about only letting people join active caves games through friends list --- this would encourage people to actually MAKE friends by being team players and allaround cool people who don't act like jerks. Basically be someone people will want to be friends with and invite to an elite game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Having the ability to set a minimum character level would stop lower levels from joining. That way people could still join a shadow cave game in progress. I also agree about the hosting issue. If the host leaves, someone else needs to become host. Maybe a system were a host can designate the next host or the game can make the 2nd person to have joined host privileges. I would also like to see the mobs have trash loot, so that a person can go into the caves and not blow all of their money on pots and elixers.
    Pyranthus - Level 50 full dex bird
    Chuckfinnley - Level 30 tank
    Amaranth - Level 18 enchantress
    "I will show you fear in a handful of dust." - T. S. Eliot

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

lv 1 and 4 people are no the only problem. i had a lv47 and 48 destroying the team for us, refusing to leave. the 47 didnt even participate in fighting half the time.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    64 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Arterra View Post
    lv 1 and 4 people are no the only problem. i had a lv47 and 48 destroying the team for us, refusing to leave. the 47 didnt even participate in fighting half the time.
    i could scream there.... i feel with u....

we had once a lvl 20 in and had to beat witch in four... without bears... ugh...
    - PL - Founder and proud C.O.T. officer
    RicciTS > DEX Bird L77 | Ricci > INT Mage L76 | XCarver> STR/DEX Bear L71
    and many more....