Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: You gonna hate this... But I think it's a great suggestion :)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Default You gonna hate this... But I think it's a great suggestion :)

I think this suggestion WILL encourage people to not die too much and focus on strategy and stay together as a group.

Every time you die in proper dungeons, you lose a fair amount of xp (like 5 or something).

I played in other MMORPG - they had like this... It's nice to keep yourself to not die too much.

What do you think? ;D

EDIT: If you gonna do this, you should enable lvl 50 xp on until it's at max - it's also good, too - too much deaths - lose a lot of xp, more work to get xp back.
    Last edited by ranonman; 01-13-2011 at 04:47 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yea, I can see were newbs might use this, but when you level out the reason not to die is already there. You lose respect if you die too much, unless you are entertaining enough to keep around : ) Then everyone dies while laughing.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

lol I am rusty, I die a lot now. Too much typing and running into aggro at the same time :P.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

meh 5 xp...

go ahead
    Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    That. Is. AWESOME!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

at least its not your gear like other suggestions... what about lvcap players? and do you ever drop down a level?
    404 - not found ...maybe one day...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ranonman View Post
    I think this suggestion WILL encourage people to not die too much and focus on strategy and stay together as a group.

Every time you die in proper dungeons, you lose a fair amount of xp (like 500 or something).

I played in other MMORPG - they had like this... It's nice to keep yourself to not die too much.

What do you think? ;D

EDIT: If you gonna do this, you should enable lvl 50 xp on until it's at max - it's also good, too - too much deaths - lose a lot of xp, more work to get xp back.
    O. o
    Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    That. Is. AWESOME!!!

[Lt] Shiny

THIS. IS. STUPID. I vote no. What if you suck balls at PvE? Then you'll be playing forever until you reach the level cap... -.-

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Problem is we don't gain any exp at lvl 50. That means that every time a level 50 dies, he drops down to level 49 and all his gears come unequipped and what would happen to attributes and skills? Would they drop down every time to?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

If you want more of a challenge leveling and want to focus on not dieing I suggest you try my guild out then!
    Currently playing Acabero in PL

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by [Lt] Shiny View Post
    THIS. IS. STUPID. I vote no. What if you suck balls at PvE? Then you'll be playing forever until you reach the level cap... -.-
    lol more than half this game is PvE... honestly pvp is much harder, so there is no reason why somebody would not just LEARN and stop bum rushing into longsword knights in low levels...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,020 Posts

No thank you. That means if you're on a twink, and die in pve, not much work to get back up to the next level, right? Well, then it'll unequip all your gear, and it just seems like it'll be a pain.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

i think it would be good if you didnt end up going down a level. then it would just be quite annoying.

not sure what to implement instead of that, but yea.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Nah...any kind of death penalties would just make people hold back too much. Sure you think it might make people play smarter...but in reality you'll just get more bears that refuse to taunt, because they might get aggro and die...or mages who refuse to go in and rez someone because they might die in the process. Death penalties..and corpse runs..these kind of things are the most annoying parts of some other MMOs. This game is supposed to be more casual.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

if your 50 and u die u go back to 49 ?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Sorry, I typed this while I was in group - I'll explain more clearly. The idea of this is to prevent from people rush into a room and try do your thing but you eventually notice that others didn't come to you and will die. It's just to make a group to stay together. (Learning to not let other people die include yourself.) I (and other people if they are on same page as I am) don't want to feel the way like "oh I'm going to die, I'll get revive from mage or respawn and run back to the place where I died." With that thought, I don't get really excited. Get my draft?

It can be still casual. For the level cap, you are right, the exp stopped there. But, what if exp stops at level cap has disabled and let xp up to the maximum experience of level cap. If you don't do much exp while you are at full exp of level cap, it will go down. (Yes, it can go down a level or stop at 0/xxxx but still at maximum level.)

I had this experience in other MMORPG like Everquest. It is quite fun and challenge. There were several times I had moments where I had one level down. So, I went back to get more xp back.

Remember, this is just a suggestion and my thought.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

You don't need the Devs to make the game more interesting that way. Just set your own personal goals and stick to it while leveling. Like I do and others I know. (yes in my guild lol)

If you want to reduce your chances of dieing just be more cautious how you play for instance when I level in my guild. I watch before I attack and see what the rest of the group is going to do. If I see they are going to much I just run away and let them die

Also if I see there is a complete idiot in the group I just leave and find a new group.
    Last edited by Cabero; 01-13-2011 at 07:23 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

That is one of the approaches I did during the game. I always want to have good time when we are fighting. Unfortunately, there are other times where I feel like (why not?) join one of the public groups and see how we are doing. Yes, we ended up dying too much. It is either that they don't care to die too much, don't know how to work as a team, or a lousy leadership. With this suggestion, I believe that it MIGHT help them to realize "Ok, I gotta work with you guys!" Yes, No-death challenge or other ideas are one of the ways to keep yourself busy. I don't have a problem with that. I have other things to keep myself busy. Farming, Helping friends, etc.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    630 Posts

I think that there should be no changes upon individual deaths (mage can res anyways). My take on it is that the whole level should "reset" if at any moment the whole party dies (complete party wipe out). It would make things a bit more "stressful" and force players to improve.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,020 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cuard View Post
    if your 50 and u die u go back to 49 ?
    I think he said that if you're at the cap is disables the xp reduction when you die.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by StompArtist View Post
    I think that there should be no changes upon individual deaths (mage can res anyways). My take on it is that the whole level should "reset" if at any moment the whole party dies (complete party wipe out). It would make things a bit more "stressful" and force players to improve.
    They could do like in wow you can't Rez in combat. There was only one class that could and it used to have a 20 min cool down to use it. If they did that people would think twice about dying.