Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Replayability?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

That makes sense...you can't exactly charge someone for a game area and then tell them they can't play there. I wasn't so worried about the plvling, TBH, but PvP would definitely be an issue, with players just plowing through for bonuses to dominate everyone else. Restricting experience with an algorithm would get the job done, but a more elegant solution is yours. They're both chunky, though. A definitive "best way" to do this would be ideal.
    IGN: Tsarra (Enchantress/Pure Mage - Lv. 52) | Eliysium (Bird/Pure Dex - Lv. 30) | BirdLipsMcGee (PvP Noob/Dark Forest Farmer Extraordinaire - Lv. 10) | TiniestTim (Platinum PvP Farmbear - Lv. 1)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChadM View Post
    What we need is more cowbell.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    148 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tsarra View Post
    Sweet! Here's a few ideas (sort of borrowed from my MUD and converted to PL framework) in no particular order. Some of the ones we have don't make a bit of sense here, so I've added a few of my own as well.

Rebirth: More life/mana on respawn (since we don't really have a death penalty)
    Luck: Improved base critical chance
    Conserve: Skills cost less mana
    Improved Study: Skills could maybe be practiced an extra point (game balance concerns abound, I'm sure)
    Lifelink: A small amount of HP and mana are returned to you when you kill a mob
    Longevity: Skills or spells you cast have a longer effect
    Treasure Hunter: Improved item drop rate
    Prospector: Improved gold drop rate

We have about 10 to pick from, so you really have to choose carefully; you can only get about half of them. It definitely makes you think about your play-style and what is really important to you and your character. Now, would I like to see this more than, say, some sort of item crafting system? Not sure. But I do know that I absolutely adore PL and whatever happens to keep us busy in the endgame will probably end up being a lot of fun.

Thanks again!
    You can upgrade the power
    More abillities(phoenixking ideas)
    Death bomb: you can explode when you die and kill the rest of the mobs
    Rebirth: revive but when you do yoy have very low health and mana but you got a cookdown time of no attacking or get damage
    Tribute: waste health to get a powerful last reserve
    Necromancer: more armor and aggro goes to the walls for random moments
    When there is too much

Don't forget

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    77 Posts

I like this!!!! Tsarra: +5987968467934867

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tsarra View Post
    So, in addition to PL and other games, both on and offline, I play on a MUD. A MUD is a multi-user dungeon...basically this without the pictures and blisters on your thumbs. At any rate, we only really have one or two huge quests for the topmost characters, and not as wide a variety of equipment as PL (we probably have about 200 pieces of EQ that anyone would actually want)...so when you get to the top, you basically have two options. You can continue to rack up gold and bank it away for auctions (sound familiar?) OR you can remort.

Remorting is what I want to suggest for PL, or something like it. Basically, you can start over at Level 1 if you so choose. You keep all of your equipment...of course, you can't exactly use it until you meet its level requirements again. The trade off for starting over is a special ability or bonus that would be applied to your character for the second (or subsequent) round. Some of them are things like abilities that cut the mana cost of spells in half or bestow a health and mana bonus upon killing a mob. Another increases the duration of your skills by 50%, and perhaps another affords a bonus to some or other statistic. Anyway, I think this would give people reason enough to play through the lower levels again and come up with new strategies and new combinations of skills and abilities. There might even be "remort-only" equipment. And when they climb back up to Level 50, they could stay and farm and quest or head on back to Level 1 again, picking up another ability in the process. The game I play on limits you to 5 such passes like this, and people have been playing there for years.

Anyway, thanks for reading!
    I think its a good idea, but you should have to accept emails, etc for it, because if it were just 1 button ok to reset it, alot of people will start hacking and resetting people or a family member.
    Also we have all done the accidental button push where u push a button you didn't want to because you sat on your ipod or dropped it and it did something bad.
    That could be one. It should be a confirmation email to reset it or something like that. (my opinion)
    still a wonderful idea, however. NICE JOB!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

sounds like prestige in Call of Duty...
    i like it!
    http://img268.imageshack.us/img268/8743/cerealsigpicfinal.png
    Signature Credits: Rebel

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

I like, although the ablities would have to be worthwhile. I suddenly just though of something. Instead of having a say damage bonus ect something that would upset PvP. Why not have something like a gold from mobs increase by 50%. Perhaps that's a bad example since people are very likely to spend more then that on xp exlirs but ya know what I mean. Also this could only happen next expansion cos atm people are NOT going to lvl to 56 again.
    [ENG] Cyronius - 30 [OP] Cyronios - 25 [COM] Cyronias - 11
    Yes, I'm a ninja

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I did...it's buried somewhere in this thread.
    IGN: Tsarra (Enchantress/Pure Mage - Lv. 52) | Eliysium (Bird/Pure Dex - Lv. 30) | BirdLipsMcGee (PvP Noob/Dark Forest Farmer Extraordinaire - Lv. 10) | TiniestTim (Platinum PvP Farmbear - Lv. 1)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChadM View Post
    What we need is more cowbell.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Okay lol, just read the first post and posted
    [ENG] Cyronius - 30 [OP] Cyronios - 25 [COM] Cyronias - 11
    Yes, I'm a ninja

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

well...
    why not do something with those pesky quests? The first step would be to get all the quests done.
    Then, maybe do a quest item, like Cyber, only it could be something like the Ankh of Osiris, with the ability to transfer ones soul to a new body.

I think it should tie in somehow to the Shadow Caves. That set of dungeons needs some lovin.

As far as people not wanting to spend money on a game? How much money did ya'll spend on COD and it's sequels? Plus the system? I've spent 10 bucks on this and have unlocked all the dungeons...AND wasted a bunch of plat on useless stuff. Keep it in perspective; you can buy 100s of hours of gameplay for the cost of a grande mocha.
    Foofatooty, 56/Elf - Munobroby, 56/Bear - Tengotengo, 56/Avian - Famlytrucksta, 20something Dog - Oldgerum, 20something Rhino

Guardian of Alterra DawnInfinity's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

I like this idea.
    *Follow my blog, and I'll love you forever *
    Quote Originally Posted by Mysticaldream View Post
    She's not hot, she's sexy. Sexy steph
    Quote Originally Posted by Arterra View Post
    does it matter? we all praise and adore your presence, may your light fall upon our eyes...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

I dont think you should add bonuses to a character thats kinda unfair to the casual player. But instead like in COD make a prestige level. And maybe a couple of cool prestige items.