Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Level 10 pink dark forest armor

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Level 10 pink dark forest armor

I've long heard about level 10 pink Dark Forest armor drops, but I've never actually seen one drop or in CS or a screenshot on the forums. Allegedly one exists, supposed to be the only one in the game.

Level ten purples exist, so I assumed the pinks must as well. But there has been some discussion in the chatbox that maybe the whole thing is a snipe hunt.

So, if you have a screenshot of level 10 Dark Forest pinks, please share! We'd love for their existance to be something more than theoretical...

Quote Originally Posted by ChadM View Post
    Decided to randomly try a luck potion. I know I usually think it's a waste, it gives you like 0.35% better luck or whatever, but on the second pot....

After getting a little lucky, and after we all have seen purples drop, I thought I might try doing a large number of runs with luck pots. So far, here are my results:

Total Runs with Luck Elixer: 40
    Total of Elixer doing nothing: 35
    Total of Elixer giving an upgrade: 5

No greens, just five upgrades to oranges. Last night, I was getting tons of greens and looted that purple(upgraded from a white). So maybe it was just bad luck or bad timing. I will continue to update this as I go. I will do at least 80 more runs with luck pots, just to begin to get a worthwhile data set(which will be almost complete fail, I am aware what is in store).
    Last edited by ChadM; 02-03-2011 at 06:58 PM.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

I just saw you in DF1 :P. There is one verified lvl 10 pink forest chain. It was dropped to Smoae, who has since then gave it away to another player. No other official verified sitings of a lvl 10 pink have been found.

Lvl 10 purples are quite common, I have seen a few on cs for 50-90k.

Edit: Add me, I'm down for some lvl 10 pink farming some time.
    IGN - MortalSpectre

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Drew just found this:

I wonder if they still drop....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

I'll go farm for a little bit. If I get one, it will be up for sale before someone can say "pink".

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel View Post
    I'll go farm for a little bit. If I get one, it will be up for sale before someone can say "pink".
    Don't even bother listing it. I'll buy it before you can say "sell"

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I wonder if any were liquidated by some poor newbies who didn't know the value at the time.
    Kujen 56 Bird / Rahki 55 Bear / Silvanya 55 Mage

Guardian of Alterra Physiologic's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

I liquidated a lv 14 pink armor and several other pinks in the past because higher leveled greens beat them. During my first week of playing

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kujen View Post
    I wonder if any were liquidated by some poor newbies who didn't know the value at the time.
    there are TONS of Dark Forest 1 games open around the clock by newbies. U'd think there would be some lvl 10 pinks on the CS.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,020 Posts

It didn't drop to smoae, it dropped to someone else, and smoae bought it in cs for 200K. The owner is now demonicdevyn

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

When did that one drop? Pre-cs I'm sure there were a lot more newbie liquidations
    Kujen 56 Bird / Rahki 55 Bear / Silvanya 55 Mage

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Oh, Smoae told me he farmed it. But how long has the CS been up? I just counted 13 open Dark Forest 1 games with at least 1-2 people in them all. Its like this 24/7. Doncha think some pink lvl 10's would eventually find their way to the CS by now?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    88 Posts

Lol jdev has it....
    RIP Twinktastic

AEO is the way to go~now recruiting

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Pharcyde View Post
    Oh, Smoae told me he farmed it. But how long has the CS been up? I just counted 13 open Dark Forest 1 games with at least 1-2 people in them all. Its like this 24/7. Doncha think some pink lvl 10's would eventually find their way to the CS by now?
    I check the CS all the time, I've only ever seen one level ten purple. Pinks are more rare than that.

Further, many here scoff at the expense of these things. Most people don't put their value very high, maybe not above 400 or 500k, while some of us would pay in the millions. With that kind of price disparity, it wouldn't surprise me to see them purchased minutes or even seconds after going up.

And lastly, it's level ten, many low level people may not realize it has much value at all, especially with slightly higher level pinks worth close to nothing on the CS. Ignorance has surely liquidated many a rare item in this game.

Anyway, it doesn't surprise me to have never seen one in the CS. It does surprise me not to see more people bragging about it if they had them.

BTW, for anyone wondering about the possibility of a PS job on that lvl 10 pink, it's a jpg, not a png, that explains the difference in quality/appearance contrasted with the other screenshot.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ChadM View Post
    I check the CS all the time, I've only ever seen one level ten purple. Pinks are more rare than that.

Further, many here scoff at the expense of these things. Most people don't put their value very high, maybe not above 400 or 500k, while some of us would pay in the millions. With that kind of price disparity, it wouldn't surprise me to see them purchased minutes or even seconds after going up.

And lastly, it's level ten, many low level people may not realize it has much value at all, especially with slightly higher level pinks worth close to nothing on the CS. Ignorance has surely liquidated many a rare item in this game.

Anyway, it doesn't surprise me to have never seen one in the CS. It does surprise me not to see more people bragging about it if they had them.

BTW, for anyone wondering about the possibility of a PS job on that lvl 10 pink, it's a jpg, not a png, that explains the difference in quality/appearance contrasted with the other screenshot.
    again, how long has the CS been open? Lets say two months. Thats 1,464 hours. Now take the 13 DF1 games currently open. How long would you say on average, does it take to clear DF1 in a non-skilled group? Lets say 5 minutes for each round. Now lets say there is three people per party. So every 5 minutes for the last two months, 39 people are getting a drop off of Silk-knight. There are 87,840 minutes in 1,464 hours. So that means there have been 17,568 x 13 = 228,384 Silk-Knight's Killed in the last two months. Now take the three people per silk-knight. 228,284 x 3 = 684,852 drops off of Silk-Knight. The odds of 684,852 people unknowingly liquidating a super rare item is next to impossible. Besides, noobs know about the CS. If you look up all dark forest items on the CS, it's quite flooded with them.

So... What does this all mean?... It leads me to the conclusion that Lvl 10 pinks are no longer dropping in the game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    88 Posts

It means I hope Jdevynb give his best friend the rarest item in the game.....
    RIP Twinktastic

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by conradin View Post
    why oh why did it have to be a forest chain... I would litterally give Devyn everything I own if it was a Nature Mage Robe, if that wasn't enough, I would send him a check for 1,000 dollars in the mail....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    88 Posts

Lol the chains better- u can have all str armor witha ranged wep

P.S smoaes isn't a hoax- I've seen it.
    Last edited by Conradin; 02-01-2011 at 07:26 PM.
    RIP Twinktastic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by conradin View Post
    Ye thats why im giving it to medica
    Quote Originally Posted by Punktate View Post
    Friends are overrated, acquaintances ftw.

http://i1179.photobucket.com/albums/...rs/troll-1.jpg

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    88 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Demonicdevyn View Post
    Ye thats why im giving it to medica
    lol u know I want that soooo bad.
    RIP Twinktastic