Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Dragkin teeth

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts

The difficulties of the questline to craft a new mythic amulet is purposely to keep price on market, keep the game sportivity (compare to plat and non-plat user), and its challenging make the mythic worth to die for..

If feel too hard, keep farming on another maps and buy it later on auction or from friends

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

f2p players cry that nothing is farmable,sts makes a mythic item that is 100% obtainable by just running maps,what do they you do now?cry that the teeth drop rate is too low or the maps are to hard,if your to lazy to farm teeth just buy the bar and get it over with,if you cant afford it then suck it up and farm the teeth,this is end game,maps are supposed to be hard..the new planar tombs are fine in my opinion as well as the teeth drop rate..an item such as this should not be made easy to get,just like the para gem in halloween event,it was way to easy to get..it should have been a little harder to obtain..people are never satisfied,they beg for a good farmable item,then they complain it's to hard to get...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by debitmandiri View Post
    So..do you want new myth pendant exclusive only on locks ?

This is good people can farming for mythic rarity item. U just too lazy
    Seems like you didn't read the rest of the thread...
    Using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    174 Posts

TBH it's not like many people need a Dragonite bar in the first place! Without an arcane shard this item is worth as much as a smelly helm, now and then people will list them in CS but only very rarely (Unless they're listed for such a low, low price) will they get bought with a use intended.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

You know what.. I'm done.No one has an open mind with this apparently. Everyone's on a one track mind mindset so I say it's pointless and my opinion at this point doesn't matter
    Using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts

If no one open mind, no one will reply and responese your thread.
    Proved by we are concerns about your thread, reply with humble..
    You can't force people mindset or view to 1 stand with you all the time, they had their own, appreciate it as they are appreciate yours..
    As simple as that

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

I dont agree with you about changing teeths mechanics but yes its a tough time for undergeared players and its even gonna get worse.
    Arcane legends is divided in 2 part though that helps solve this problem. With good will, good merching you can be a average top player and start building your wealth in no time.

Now lemme explain the 2 part thing.
    For everything in AL if you look well you will notice there is a hard system that gets you lots of gold and there is a simple system that pays off lesser.

Lb contest-Crafting Lockeds and selling them.
    Elites-Locked crates.
    Planar arena + Planar tombs - Dragonite bars.

Trust me you cant run the new tombs or arena if things stay as they are with just legendaries, infact you barely can run tindirin productively unless your party is all mythic and arcane.

Nothing is free in this game. The plat sts wont get from locked they will recover it to the very last cent with luck damage and ankh kits and the new maps were purposely made to do so.
    As a undergeared player you should look into investing in things that require minimum output of gold and maximum income such as dragonite bars. Forget elites, forget running with top players... worked hard and pile your gold till its time to scale up in levels.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    589 Posts

Apart from the economic perspectives of the new mythic pendant crafting quest and the drop rate of teeth, I'm actually happy with the prospect of having to farm Tindirin maps. Tindirin is a fun area to explore and as fond as I am of the Druid gear for my warrior, I had missed farming teeth to buy myself Magma Assault set.

But what really bothered me about this thread is the insistence that just because you cannot afford mythic or arcane gear and pet, elite Tindirin is unattainable for you. That you need to belong to a top pro-only guild to get the so-called OP party to guide and coach your legendary self on how to sail through it. That's not how I see it because my experience shows otherwise. I don't know how else to say this but I have been running elite Nordr and Shuyal at level 36 with all legendary parties. One of the best elite tanks I've had the pleasure of running elite with did his job amazingly well even before he got mythic armor and weapon. And another of my go-to elite warrior is still fully legendary to this day. I got my Valkin in a party of guild mates consisting of a legendary warrior and two mythic mages using legendary staves, amulets and rings. I was wearing Tarlok's gear, my bow was a Devourer, and I used Malison and McCraw. I didn't see why not having mythic should stop me from running elite.

Yes, my main rogue has mythic armor, helm, ring and amulet now. But I still run elite Tindirin with all legendary parties from my guild to farm or help them with achievements, and while we don't make leaderboard we finished the runs in an OK time. Yes, I do have to insist that guildies have certain stats, skills, and good legendary gear. Yes, we do have to pause sometimes so I can explain tactics etc. Yes, sometimes an inexperienced tank failed to hold aggro and the rogues (me included) got one hit by a salamander or a shaman. But we learned something, and the next run we went better, faster. My warrior is all legendary and he runs elite Tindirin just fine. My mage soloed elite Wilds in Druid Brutality, Elondrian ring and amulet, Expedition Rifle Brutality and Malison. It's not impossible.

You might argue that to get so skilled in elite you need to know op people kind and willing enough to help you. I would say actual experience is a good teacher in itself. Observation is also a good way to learn. Once in a while you find good PUG and they will have something to teach you. You strike up conversation with someone and learned something, and tried it on your own, and learned more. I don't know any leaderboard players to teach me. All I had were my guild mates and friends I made while running maps who selflessly share tips and tricks, total strangers in PUG who patiently answered my noob questions ("These spiders are easy kills. We need to kill them cuz we will park a lot of mobs later"; "Kill them here so we won't aggro those archers up ahead"). And the forum is chockfull of guides and Youtube replete with elite run videos. It's not impossible.

Maybe in the end the question is whether you want to and whether you enjoy it--the process, challenges, tedium, repetitiveness. And yes, I am fully aware of the pots/ankh/elixir costs of elite runs especially in Tindirin with its insane mobs. But still, when someone ask for pt for elite Tindirin, I'd volunteer.

And no I don't have videos of me running elite Tindirin in legendary gear. I didn't expect to be asked to prove that I could do it. And I am not saying it is easy, it certainly isn't Brackenridge. But it isn't impossible either.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to ilhanna For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

There is a point where the mobs are just too insanely hard to be killed with any strategy. We crossed that line with the planar arena and planar tombs.
    Sure you can finish elite tindirin in a legendary party with strategy ecc but the efficiency, minimal use of pots, fastness a mythic/arcane party that applies the same strategy will obtain is definately higher.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Astride For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Have to agree with the one-hit fest trend. now most "poor" or just stingy player will just use rev at entrance, which just adds up the time, and placed heavier burden on those still surviving and fighting. Have been to a run where after being one-hit by shaman, one by one walked it out from entrance. Invest in ankh kit, save yourself and party a lot of stress.
    pot like no tomorrow, dead= no dmg. dead = no use. imo, if you are forced to use ankh or rev, you are more motivated to stay alive and kill faster.
    sorry to say, but i have to agree, new players without enough gold to buy ankhs or pot up will be really hard to run elite nord and above.

the right skills and tactics helps.

And elite map now is the ultimate gold sink.

Drop rate for teeth has gotten from bad to excruciatingly bad, could only get one for a day and i dont have more time for it. 150 days???
    -rethgifllub-

13. The Following User Says Thank You to flluby2 For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    65 Posts

why cant u guys just go and farm rather than fighting and disputing here in the forums...GO GET A DRAGONITE BAR BROS N SIS

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Raselph For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kreasadriii View Post
    If no one open mind, no one will reply and responese your thread.
    Proved by we are concerns about your thread, reply with humble..
    You can't force people mindset or view to 1 stand with you all the time, they had their own, appreciate it as they are appreciate yours..
    As simple as that
    By that I meant refusing to hear someone out
    Using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CheifR View Post
    I will repeat... That's all dandy but it doesn't take skill to stop yourself from being one hit plus more dmg output can and does play a large part.
    My point is for one, you can be skilled yet not have the gear to tackle certain situations

You pretty much pointed this out for me but not all players have that kind of experience nor do they know people with that experience nor do they even know that there is different ways to go about these maps so will ANY of you show me some legendary geared non-plat players run these maps being oh so skilled? Otherwise I can't just take your word for it

Have you not read the plenty of experienced players talking about losing much more than they're gaining?(not to mention hours of time they'll never get back being unproductive.) You guys are probably in the situation to where there's way less that you have left to accomplish so to take time to do this may seem much less of a problem.
    NOTE: If u can get that "skilled" team make sure they aren't wearing vanity during the run so I may see their gear
    It does make a diff. Once u experience a better all-round party , there's just no turning back. As for teeth, mobs on normal maps don't 1-hit. If u can't find a party that does good enough mob control at elite, go for that. The speed still shows. Common sense really

R E T I R E D . S P E E D . D E M O N

αβ H e i r e s s θΩ

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Heiress For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GoodSyntax View Post
    I sympathize with you. It just seems that elites are evolving into a one-hit fest, with every subsequent new elite release (tindirin, arena and soon tombs) all about killing you and forcing you to revive with plat or ankh.

At least if you are swarmed with a dozen mobs and DPS'ed to death, you can understand, because at least there is a strategy to get out of that.

There is no strategy behind being one-hit.

Beyond that, Legendaries can succeed in elites. Up until last season, I didn't have a single mythic or arcane item; yet I was competent enough to run. Yeah, you end up dancing on the razors edge between life and death, but a good player is a good player, regardless of gear. Top gear may shave off seconds or even a minute off of a run, but don't think that it makes you inferior. I've encountered plenty of top geared players that were so bad in elites it boggled the mind.

The major difference is that the Legendary and/or non-wealthy player runs defensively, while "whales" if you will, run offensively. One is a bit slower, but safer, the other puts value on time over gold/plat. It's merely a matter of play-style and what you put a priority on.

If I am running with elixirs, expect a full offensive onslaught where I willingly place myself into danger, just so I can kill and complete the map faster. If I am running pure, I tend to be a tiny bit safer, but still somewhat reckless. It's all a matter of knowing what you can handle, knowing the topology of the map and the mobs you can tank. For instance, I KNOW I can tank the spiders in Caves, but Shamans, snakes and scorns I cannot. So I have no issue fighting in the middle of a pack of spiders, but I am a bit cautious when facing the shaman, since I know his stomp will one-hit me.
    Reckless is an understatement, lol. I've had u right next to me as I tank elite mobs in Tindirin. U dagger wielding beast!
    Last edited by Haifer; 11-11-2014 at 02:18 PM.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Haifer For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Heiress View Post
    It does make a diff. Once u experience a better all-round party , there's just no turning back. As for teeth, mobs on normal maps don't 1-hit. If u can't find a party that does good enough mob control at elite, go for that. The speed still shows. Common sense really
    Ye.
    Using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    65 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Heiress View Post
    talking about 1-hits CheiR's sstats arent good...2.9k hp...u can rlly get 1 hit actually...