Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Need elite runner advice (warrior)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Xorrior View Post
    I'm not on about everything. I'm on about your post.
    As a warrior, how many other warriors have you actually run elites with and seen in action? I'm guessing very few, since 1 warrior is rare in an elite party, and 2 or more only happens in pugs. So you can debate all you'd like, but may not exactly be in a position to know what other warriors do. Not all will discuss builds, so the only way to know what they actually use is to run with them and pay attention.
    Last edited by Serancha; 11-27-2014 at 05:51 PM.
    You never know what you can do until you try
    There are two ways of doing something: right, and again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

I'd like to put my input on this as well! I have a couple skill sets I use for different situations which is why I decided to have 6 Skills and only 3 Passives. Very good skill set for my playstyle imo.

Primary Skills:

Skyward Smash 4/5 (no mana regain)
    Chest Splitter 2/5 (only Staggering Blow)
    Windmill 4/5 (no snare)
    Juggernaut 5/5
    Vengeful Blood 5/5
    Horn of Renewal 5/5

I'm thinking of trying out Axe Throw for bosses though.

Passives:

Durable 5/5
    Damage 5/5
    Might 5/5

No need to put it in Knowledge even if you have low mana because you can get a Haunted Ring, Shuyal Ring and of course, POTIONS!

When I play in PVE maps like KM3/WT4 or easy Elites, the skills I use are the traditional SS, WM, VB, and HoR.
    For Elites like Elite Nordr/Tindirin/Shuyal I use SS, WM, Jugg, HoR OR if I find that it's way too hard for me I wear my tanking gear and use CS, VB, Jugg, and HoR. The reason why I use Vengeful Blood along with Juggernaut is because of the 500+ HP from charging it which will then give me an extra 1k HP.
    For the CRAZY hard Elites like Planar Tombs, I use tanking gear along with CS, VB, Jugg, and HoR.
    For the bosses, I usually just pick between these 3 skill sets depending on how difficult it is. If it's a boss like Elite Arachna then I'll just use the original VB set. If it's Marrow then I'll have to go full tank gear and go in my 1k HP set.
    As for soloing maps and you want that full DMG, I usually go SS, CS, WM, and VB.

Also, I'm a Warrior that uses weak armor (Dragon Scale), but I still do fine running them. My friends even tell me I have more survivability than most Mythic Warriors. Even in Planar tombs 3. That's it though, hope this helps!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    251 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Serancha View Post
    As a warrior, how many other warriors have you actually run elites with and seen in action? I'm guessing very few, since 1 warrior is rare in an elite party, and 2 or more only happens in pugs. So you can debate all you'd like, but may not exactly be in a position to know what other warriors do. Not all will discuss builds, so the only way to know what they actually use is to run with them and pay attention.
    Your post is very wrong. I have seen many warriors in action. If a warrior in elites is very rare, then does that mean warriors in your guild hardly get a run? Then how are they 'top warriors', as you put it. I have done elites and planar with 2 warrior parties not only in my guild but with other guilds too. Also you're assuming warrior is the only toon I have ever played with. Anyway as a warrior I would definitely know what's best for build regarding elite - through experience and trial and error.

You said 'not all discuss builds', exactly my point! This is why your statement of 'most top warriors use VB' is debatable! How would you know anyway, especially when you claim they're hardly in elite parties. You make wild claims with no proof.

We are here to help would-be-tankers, telling them jugg is meh, is wrong. Take a look at warrior section in forum, some of the top warriors in the game have recommended Jugg.
    Last edited by Xorrior; 11-28-2014 at 01:09 AM.
    XORRIOR
    Warrior : Retired Legend
    Tour of Arlor 2015 : Overall #1

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    251 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Stelo View Post
    I'd like to put my input on this as well! I have a couple skill sets I use for different situations which is why I decided to have 6 Skills and only 3 Passives. Very good skill set for my playstyle imo.

Primary Skills:

Skyward Smash 4/5 (no mana regain)
    Chest Splitter 2/5 (only Staggering Blow)
    Windmill 4/5 (no snare)
    Juggernaut 5/5
    Vengeful Blood 5/5
    Horn of Renewal 5/5

I'm thinking of trying out Axe Throw for bosses though.

Passives:

Durable 5/5
    Damage 5/5
    Might 5/5

No need to put it in Knowledge even if you have low mana because you can get a Haunted Ring, Shuyal Ring and of course, POTIONS!

When I play in PVE maps like KM3/WT4 or easy Elites, the skills I use are the traditional SS, WM, VB, and HoR.
    For Elites like Elite Nordr/Tindirin/Shuyal I use SS, WM, Jugg, HoR OR if I find that it's way too hard for me I wear my tanking gear and use CS, VB, Jugg, and HoR. The reason why I use Vengeful Blood along with Juggernaut is because of the 500+ HP from charging it which will then give me an extra 1k HP.
    For the CRAZY hard Elites like Planar Tombs, I use tanking gear along with CS, VB, Jugg, and HoR.
    For the bosses, I usually just pick between these 3 skill sets depending on how difficult it is. If it's a boss like Elite Arachna then I'll just use the original VB set. If it's Marrow then I'll have to go full tank gear and go in my 1k HP set.
    As for soloing maps and you want that full DMG, I usually go SS, CS, WM, and VB.

Also, I'm a Warrior that uses weak armor (Dragon Scale), but I still do fine running them. My friends even tell me I have more survivability than most Mythic Warriors. Even in Planar tombs 3. That's it though, hope this helps!
    Legit advice in bold. The crazy thing is you're doing it in dragon scale armour o.O, your prolly a beast tank upgrade to better armour and you'd be solid and in demand!

For crazy hard elites I use WM, Jugg, VB and HoR, have to say WM will put other skills on cool down. So amidst mayhem CS maybe a better option.
    Last edited by Xorrior; 11-28-2014 at 01:07 AM.
    XORRIOR

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Xorrior For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Xorrior View Post
    Legit advice in bold. The crazy thing is you're doing it in dragon scale armour o.O, your prolly a beast tank upgrade to better armour and you'd be solid and in demand!

For crazy hard elites I use WM, Jugg, VB and HoR, have to say WM will put other skills on cool down. So amidst mayhem CS maybe a better option.
    lol thank you! I'd say I'm pretty okay. :P The hardest boss I've ever fought was Marrow tho. Trying to tank him and potting the entire time is extremely difficult. It tends to wear out my fingers. ._. Also, I was considering changing to better armor, but Dragon Scale looks better than all the armor/vanity sets so I just decided to make do and it all worked out for the best! :]

Windmill was the exact skill I used the first time I started using that set, but the cool down was too long for me. I needed some quick aggro and it helped get the stray mobs get back to punching me!
    Last edited by Stelo; 11-28-2014 at 01:55 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    465 Posts

I wasn't actually referring to Ravagerx. Seriously, I do know other warriors, and my statement was plural. Out of a dozen of the top warriors around, maybe 2 use jugg.
    He is not one of the dozen of top warriors. He is a starter. Read my post Buddy

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    465 Posts

lol thank you! I'd say I'm pretty okay. :P The hardest boss I've ever fought was Marrow tho. Trying to tank him and potting the entire time is extremely difficult. It tends to wear out my fingers. ._. Also, I was considering changing to better armor, but Dragon Scale looks better than all the armor/vanity sets so I just decided to make do and it all worked out for the best! :]

Windmill was the exact skill I used the first time I started using that set, but the cool down was too long for me. I needed some quick aggro and it helped get the stray mobs get back to punching me!
    Windmill has longer CD but has longer period to stay active too!!
    A pro tank doesn't need windmill but for a starter, jugg hor and windmill helps alot for pure tanking and keeping the agros.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dex Scene View Post
    He is not one of the dozen of top warriors. He is a starter. Read my post Buddy
    The builds used by the top warriors are used because they are the most effective and efficient. That's why I recommend what they use. Otherwise how is a startup warrior going to learn to use timing, placement and skills? You get used to what you use after all.

If you use a "beginner" build and get used to that, it becomes habit and becomes hard to change later on. Best to start as you mean to go on, in my opinion. A new player should not be running planar tombs in any case, but should start on manageable elites and learn their character that way first.
    You never know what you can do until you try
    There are two ways of doing something: right, and again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    465 Posts

The builds used by the top warriors are used because they are the most effective and efficient. That's why I recommend what they use. Otherwise how is a startup warrior going to learn to use timing, placement and skills? You get used to what you use after all.

If you use a "beginner" build and get used to that, it becomes habit and becomes hard to change later on. Best to start as you mean to go on, in my opinion. A new player should not be running planar tombs in any case, but should start on manageable elites and learn their character that way first.
    Are you sure a starter can keep all the aggros without jugg?
    and are you sure Top worriors don't use jugg in elites?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dex Scene View Post
    Windmill has longer CD but has longer period to stay active too!!
    A pro tank doesn't need windmill but for a starter, jugg hor and windmill helps alot for pure tanking and keeping the agros.
    TRUE DAT! the reason i chose Chest Splitter instead of WM was because I needed the quick aggro for any stray mobs AND i have my Jugg/HoR just in case things get nasty. :P

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    465 Posts

TRUE DAT! the reason i chose Chest Splitter instead of WM was because I needed the quick aggro for any stray mobs AND i have my Jugg/HoR just in case things get nasty. :P
    Nice nice. Cs is a great skill no doubt

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    328 Posts

try this build:
    3/5 chest splitter (+target and feeble)
    5/5 windmill
    5/5 horn of renew
    5/5 vengeful blood
    3/5 rally cry (move speed + duration) -> for parking use, use it at start of parking, then windmill to ensare quick enemies, vengeful blood when encountering crowded enemies, and lastly horn of renew when you're going to remap/die

passives:
    5/5 str
    5/5 crit
    use the other 9 as you like, between combination of armor, dex and int, remember armor buff/debuff doesn't stack, so if you have armor type archon ring, you'll only get the highest percentage

be prepared to use a lot of potions, as my experience told me, this is the combination that can easily glue enemies to you + even bosses

why windmill over smash? windmill hits 3x4 per 7s, while smash hits 5 enemies per 4s, and on single enemies, it hits 4 times, per 7s, instead of 1 per 4s
    why cs over smash or windmill? taunt, feeble, -> some bosses can 1 hit ko you if they critically hit you, spam cs, and you'll be safe

but yeah, windmill damage is low, compared to that of smash, and after casting windmill, all skill and attack are disabled for around 2s... which is quite some time... and of course this is not a popular build, but try it, and you'll know :P
    Last edited by extrapayah; 11-28-2014 at 12:26 PM.
    always milking, no service
    AL IGN: Extrapayah/Extraparah/Extrajelek
    Support Shared Pet Stable Please!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Gear

Weapons
    Magmatic claymore of will
    Conquistador shields

Helm
    Ancient druid helm of will

Armor
    Ancient druid helm of will

Ring
    Archon rings

Amulet
    Wild talisman of will
    Sacred elondrian pendant of will

Pets
    Littlebear
    Abaddon
    Prance
    Ripmaw

Build
    All str
    CS,HoR,jugg,SS or WM

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

One little tip, Hellish Will sets have the exact same stats as Druid but tend to be much cheaper and look way cooler imo.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Okay so here is what I'm going with for now. Idr my skillpoints exactly but I went with a 4 aggro skill and AT for the boss.

CS
    (I like SS bc of the aoe but I use this bc of short cooldown and in case that aimed shot decides to crit and get attention to the rogue, I can hit it real quick and pull it back in)

WW
    (I saw people talk bad about WW before and I think it's the 2nd most beneficial skill besides Jugg. You can use it and walk around a big mob grabbing aggro ffrom everyone)

Jugg
    (In love with it now. Normal maps weren't hard enough for me to see the major effects of jugg like I do now )

HoR
    (Self explanatory)

AT (boss, swap with WW since CS has such a short CD)

Passives: Armor, Str, Dex, Will all full...
    No dmg/crit bc pet bonus doesn't stack

Gear I bought gives me 6.5k health, 2.1k armor, and dmg is anywhere from 325 to 400 depending on pet.

Magma claymore of will
    Necroptic Helm of assault
    Ancient druid of potency
    Archon ring of fatality
    Eerie Amulet of potency?

Pets:
    Little bear
    Prance (my favorite, dunno why)
    Blinky
    kelvin (bosses)

I run elites efficiently and did planar for my first time the other day.
    1st boss: 1 death
    2nd: 26 first attempt, 3 second attempt
    3rd: 0 times (had speed elix on from klaas)

Damage wars always talk down to me bc of my damage and being a "tank" but my parties appreciate me and have given me constructive feedback!! Thanks for all the input. ..

And JUGG is god!! Lmao

17. The Following User Says Thank You to bossthetank For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

And why shouldn't new players run planar serancha?? I'm new to this game but it isn't hard to get into and comprehend. I know you may not have been just talking about me.... but new players need experience and people never want to party with them/us bc they don't want a couple more deaths on their KDR that is already unreadable.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    251 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bossthetank View Post
    Okay so here is what I'm going with for now. Idr my skillpoints exactly but I went with a 4 aggro skill and AT for the boss.

CS
    (I like SS bc of the aoe but I use this bc of short cooldown and in case that aimed shot decides to crit and get attention to the rogue, I can hit it real quick and pull it back in)

WW
    (I saw people talk bad about WW before and I think it's the 2nd most beneficial skill besides Jugg. You can use it and walk around a big mob grabbing aggro ffrom everyone)

Jugg
    (In love with it now. Normal maps weren't hard enough for me to see the major effects of jugg like I do now )

HoR
    (Self explanatory)

Gear I bought gives me 6.5k health, 2.1k armor, and dmg is anywhere from 325 to 400 depending on pet.

Magma claymore of will
    Ancient druid of potency
    Archon ring of fatality
    Eerie Amulet of potency?

Pets:
    Little bear
    Blinky
    kelvin (bosses)

Damage wars always talk down to me bc of my damage and being a "tank" but my parties appreciate me and have given me constructive feedback!! Thanks for all the input. ..

And JUGG is god!! Lmao
    Nice to hear I think the armour for warrior in Winter event will suit you. It is of assault type, and looks to have better stats.
    XORRIOR

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    56 Posts

CS

WW

Jugg

HoR
    (Self explanatory)

Magma claymore of will
    Ancient druid of potency
    Archon ring of fatality
    Eerie Amulet of potency?

Pets:
    Little bear
    Blinky
    kelvin (bosses)

And JUGG is god!! Lmao
    Whats ur ign ? I will add u to fl

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

CS

WW

Jugg

HoR
    (Self explanatory)

Magma claymore of will
    Ancient druid of potency
    Archon ring of fatality
    Eerie Amulet of potency?

Pets:
    Little bear
    Blinky
    kelvin (bosses)

And JUGG is god!! Lmao
    2.1k and you only have the eerie amulet? ;-; You should get yourself a Wild Talisman of Will which gives 138 armor. You'd have around 2.2k armor. LOL that's amazing. Btw, it's Braggadocio.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    251 Posts

@BosstheTank and Stelo (Braggadacio). Both you guys are legit warrs, with the gears that you have and you're actually doing elites and uber elites with a smile and a magmatic claymore O.O - you guys are way way better than me

I don't think I could do planar tombs with a claymore

But I do think the way of the Tank is dying and being replaced by the Damage Warrior, I might do a post regarding that. Look at the winter gears for warr there's an assault but no will version. They stats of the bulwark clearly suggest it only will have one good season. Even STS have given up on a Tank. From what I can see regarding the new mythic amulet, you'd gain damage and lose armour o.O
    Last edited by Xorrior; 12-04-2014 at 07:48 AM.
    XORRIOR

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Xorrior For This Useful Post: